PDA

View Full Version : Is 'Greed' a good or bad thing ?

Saroman
12-08-2007, 04:30 AM
Is 'Greed' a good or bad thing ?

And Why ?

PS :- No useless spamming please :)

Aaxel21
12-08-2007, 04:48 AM
Greed is a bad thing. My example would be look how the record industry treats is customers and its bands. Not a care in the world for them.

masterbat
12-08-2007, 05:23 AM
am not supposed to speak anything to you . last time i did , i got a 20 point infraction from lynx

Saroman
12-08-2007, 08:32 AM
Actually main reason this came up was...

I had an debate with 3 of my friends..

They all believe that greed is good and its essential...
and more importantly money..

I pointed out that no matter how much money you have but if you are not happy then its useless.. :pinch:

Say one earns 20K/month rite now.. He is not happy as he wants more.. Say now he earns 200K/month he still wont be happy as he will still want more..

I even gave the example that its not guranteed that richest person is also happy...

Then my friend argued that if he has more money and they would be able to do all the things that he wants to and which "in turn" will make him happy..

So money is very important.. And so greed is a good thing.. :blink::blink:

I still don't agree with them :01:

So by 'greed' I meant this scenario.. :shutup:

bigboab
12-08-2007, 09:25 AM
It is when your greed is at the expense of others that trouble starts. More so with land than money.

Aaxel21
12-08-2007, 09:47 AM
I still say it's a bad thing. For example, Wal-Mart. About a month ago one of there employees was hit by a commercial truck. Turns out she had sever brain danage and was put into a wheelchair. So she sued the trucking company for $700,000. She won her case and won her settlement. But after legal fees she pocketed $417,000 dollars to put towards her medical care in a nursing home. Then Wal-Mart gets wind of this and sues the poor lady for $470,000 to recoup the money the insurance spent on her medical bills. So because of this this lady now lives off medicade and social security money. So because of greed Wal-Mart has ruined this coupls lives. and thats just one example. It's not like Wal_mart needed the money.

:swear: Wal-Mart

Source : Wall Street Journal Online (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119551952474798582.html?mod=hpp_us_pageone)

Sextent
12-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Don't worry for the delay in your success compared to others, construction of a pyramid takes too much time than an ordinary building.

masterbat
12-08-2007, 11:54 AM
nvm..................

Aaxel21
12-08-2007, 12:09 PM
p.s
would i get banned for hostile posting ??

You have to do better than that. Thats not hostile enough. :happy:

Sextent
12-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Actually main reason this came up was...

I had an debate with 3 of my friends..

They all believe that greed is good and its essential...
and more importantly money..

I pointed out that no matter how much money you have but if you are not happy then its useless.. :pinch:

Say one earns 20K/month rite now.. He is not happy as he wants more.. Say now he earns 200K/month he still wont be happy as he will still want more..

I even gave the example that its not guranteed that richest person is also happy...

Then my friend argued that if he has more money and they would be able to do all the things that he wants to and which "in turn" will make him happy..

So money is very important.. And so greed is a good thing.. :blink::blink:

I still don't agree with them :01:

So by 'greed' I meant this scenario.. :shutup:

Having loads of money certainly doesn't guarantee happiness. However not having enough almost always guarantees the opposite.

Anyway it's a ridiculous example. Who the fuck can live on £20K / month

snowultra
12-08-2007, 05:54 PM
gordon gecko, says greed is good.

chalice
12-08-2007, 05:57 PM
gordon gecko, says greed is good.

Yep, and he's married to this...

http://www.casafree.com/modules/xcgal/albums/userpics/24295/normal_catherine%20zeta%20jones.jpg

Starting to get my greed on.