PDA

View Full Version : mayweather vs hatton

esco123
12-08-2007, 01:41 PM
who will win on the night?
-do u think hatton by KO?
-do u think mayweather by KO?
-do u think hatton win after 12 rounds?
-do u think mayweather win after 12 rounds?
-or do u think a draw?

fstrulz
12-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Hatton by Unanimous Decision.

:boxing:

deuce6000
12-09-2007, 07:15 AM
Well i don't want to give anything up but the best boxer in the world put on a clinic anybody that thought anything else was going to happen is nuts.

That's pretty much a giveaway to anybody that knows boxing but hey what can i do :P

kirktrix
12-09-2007, 07:20 AM
As i watched it... Maywheather KO Hatton... but hatton really a bad ass:D....Nice match...

Busyman™
12-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Well i don't want to give anything up but the best boxer in the world put on a clinic anybody that thought anything else was going to happen is nuts.

That's pretty much a giveaway to anybody that knows boxing but hey what can i do :P

I must agree it was a clinic and I thought it would be different.

Call me nutty.:frusty:

Mayweather handled Hatton like I've seen him do with other fighters.

I never in my wildest thought he would KO him.

It looked like had a chance early on when I Hatton clearly got punished (8th round?) but Mayweather laid off a bit.

The whole fight party was pissed the Mayweather didn't finish him then.

After the very first round, I didn't think Mayweather get knocked out by Hatton.

Did you noticed that Hatton wasn't anywhere close to Mayweather on all 3 scorecards.

The Compubox numbers backed that up too.

Hatton couldn't get a lot of clean shots on Mayweather but Floyd clearly got many on Hatton.

I'm glad the dicks from bratland disrespecting out national anthem went home with their fighter losing.

Sing a song on that! (the cheers are pretty cool though):happy:

Swift
12-09-2007, 08:43 AM
As i watched it... Maywheather KO Hatton... but hatton really a bad ass:D....Nice match...

maywheather won ?:ermm:

kirktrix
12-09-2007, 08:50 AM

:yup:...

Busyman™
12-09-2007, 08:53 AM

No question.

He knocked Hatton down with a hard left while Hatton charged in. Hatton got back up and Mayweather KO'ed him.

Did anyone noticed that Mayweather matadored Hatton?

Hatton charge in and missed, Mayweather clocked him and the Hatton flew into the ring post. :glag:

Olayyyyy!

deuce6000
12-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Yeah that was great and i was also pissed when the brits in the audience were booing our national anthem.When i heard that i said "Man i hope mayweather really hurts this guy"I know it wasn't hatton booing but i was just pissed off.I would never disrespect another countries national anthem like that.Although i have always wondered what is wrong with the queen and why the hell does she need to be saved :P

Face first into the ring post at that.To me it actually looked like the ring post hurt him too.

j2k4
12-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Yeah that was great and i was also pissed when the brits in the audience were booing our national anthem.When i heard that i said "Man i hope mayweather really hurts this guy"I know it wasn't hatton booing but i was just pissed off.I would never disrespect another countries national anthem like that.Although i have always wondered what is wrong with the queen and why the hell does she need to be saved :P

Face first into the ring post at that.To me it actually looked like the ring post hurt him too.

Such disrespect is not surprising from a fight crowd, though occasionally that type of behavior is (albeit grudgingly) corrected apres fight.

Not so in this case, huh?

Would that Mayweather was bigger, and Joe Calzaghe smaller - that'd be a proper coda to recent sanctioned U.K./U.S. fistic adventures.

Two genuine badasses going at it. :whistling

Busyman™
12-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Anyone notice the Jeff Lacy fight on the undercard?

He won but was not impressive.

Fistic adventures? Oh gawd it's a shame jay talks this way in real loife.:no: It's so contrived.

deuce6000
12-09-2007, 05:46 PM

Such disrespect is not surprising from a fight crowd, though occasionally that type of behavior is (albeit grudgingly) corrected apres fight.

Would that Mayweather was bigger, and Joe Calzaghe smaller - that'd be a proper coda to recent sanctioned U.K./U.S. fistic adventures.

Wtf are you trying to say.I'm not stupid but i have no clue what the hell it is you're talking about.
Except That i would love to see mayweather and Calzaghe fight.I think Calzaghe is a great fighter and seems to be a real good dude too.Fistic?Coda?Apres?

Busyman™
12-09-2007, 09:00 PM

Wtf are you trying to say.I'm not stupid but i have no clue what the hell it is you're talking about.
Except That i would love to see mayweather and Calzaghe fight.I think Calzaghe is a great fighter and seems to be a real good dude too.Fistic?Coda?Apres?

:glag:

Hilarious!

fstrulz
12-09-2007, 09:58 PM

I've been watching boxing for almost 20 years and I've never seen a boxing crowd disrespect other national anthem until last night.

Also, a Calzaghe-Pavlik would be a more realistic fight.

j2k4
12-09-2007, 10:37 PM

I've been watching boxing for almost 20 years and I've never seen a boxing crowd disrespect other national anthem until last night.

Agreed, but I wasn't entertaining realistic possibilities...:whistling

...i would love to see mayweather and Calzaghe fight...

Who said anything about Mayweather and Calzaghe? :whistling

deuce6000
12-10-2007, 01:21 AM
I did i know it's a crazy thought but it would be fun to watch.

j2k4
12-10-2007, 03:04 AM

Agreed, but I wasn't entertaining realistic possibilities...:whistling

...i would love to see mayweather and Calzaghe fight...

Who said anything about Mayweather and Calzaghe? :whistling

I did i know it's a crazy thought but it would be fun to watch.

You think? :whistling

Barbarossa
12-10-2007, 10:24 AM

It's some kind of English disease that any English crowd always sees fit to boo the opposition's National Anthem, no matter what the sport :angry:

It's a fucking disgrace, and I wish something could be done about it, but I don't know what can be done.

It's embarrassing :(

Anyway, don't take it personally, they do it to everyone :frusty:

Busyman™
12-10-2007, 08:12 PM

It's some kind of English disease that any English crowd always sees fit to boo the opposition's National Anthem, no matter what the sport :angry:

It's a fucking disgrace, and I wish something could be done about it, but I don't know what can be done.

It's embarrassing :(

Anyway, don't take it personally, they do it to everyone :frusty:

As I said in another thread, it just made me root for Mayweather despite having a small bit o' money for Hatton.:yup:

orfik
12-10-2007, 08:37 PM
I was hoping he'd KO him quicker. But anyone who seriously thought Hatton had a chance hasn't been paying attention to boxing for the past five or six years.

fstrulz
12-10-2007, 09:12 PM
I was hoping he'd KO him quicker. But anyone who seriously thought Hatton had a chance hasn't been paying attention to boxing for the past five or six years.
Anyone who's been paying attention to boxing for the past couple of years would actually route for Hatton, since he's in the prime of his career (coming off from beating Tszyu and Castillo), while Mayweather's previous 3 fights have been disappointing.

I guess a lot of us were just over-hyped by the fight, that we forgot Mayweather's advantages over Hatton, such as he was fighting in his natural Welterweight class (Hatton's naturally Light Welterweight) and he had a 6 in. reach advantage on Hatton.

orfik
12-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Hatton's a great fighter; I can understand rooting for him. Hell, I was sort of rooting for him (until they booed the national anthem). But Mayweather is both a boxing prodigy -and- a legacy. While Hatton is a world class fighter, Mayweather is a master among professionals.

MaaxHimself
12-10-2007, 10:31 PM
I watched the fight, and it was pretty damn entertaining.
I don't think, however, that Mayweather should retire from boxing just yet.
I can see his reasons to leave the sport as an undefeated boxing champion, but he would also be walking away from all the glory and pwnage that he is currently thriving in.

fstrulz
12-10-2007, 11:46 PM
I watched the fight, and it was pretty damn entertaining.
I don't think, however, that Mayweather should retire from boxing just yet.
I can see his reasons to leave the sport as an undefeated boxing champion, but he would also be walking away from all the glory and pwnage that he is currently thriving in.
Yeah, I'd love to see him beat Cotto's ass...

...then he could retire.

orfik
12-11-2007, 12:13 AM
He basically confirmed in an interview that he'd fight De la Hoya again. He retired because he's young, very rich, and bored with the sport.

Busyman™
12-11-2007, 12:22 AM
Anyone who's been paying attention to boxing for the past couple of years would actually route for Hatton, since he's in the prime of his career (coming off from beating Tszyu and Castillo), while Mayweather's previous 3 fights have been disappointing.

I guess a lot of us were just over-hyped by the fight, that we forgot Mayweather's advantages over Hatton, such as he was fighting in his natural Welterweight class (Hatton's naturally Light Welterweight) and he had a 6 in. reach advantage on Hatton.

I didn't think the fight against Tszyu was all that since Tszyu wasn't near his prime either.

@orfik - everyone even said that MW had to step up his game to beat Hatton.

MW still beat him like he didn't have a problem doing it.

The fact that the fight didn't go distance against MW speaks volumes. I don't Hatton could beat him even in a rematch which is why I don't think there should be one.

orfik
12-11-2007, 01:25 AM
Hatton's a good fighter who got too much attention. No WW boxing today can beat Floyd.

grimms
12-11-2007, 05:03 AM

No question.

He knocked Hatton down with a hard left while Hatton charged in. Hatton got back up and Mayweather KO'ed him.

Did anyone noticed that Mayweather matadored Hatton?

Hatton charge in and missed, Mayweather clocked him and the Hatton flew into the ring post. :glag:

Olayyyyy!

Cheeaayaa:w00t::w00t::lol:

wrongun92
12-13-2007, 05:45 PM
I watched the fight. And I didnt like Hatton's game. His gameplan was to get close and get those dirtly inclose punches. I am not a fan of those. Mayweather is in a different class. He's very accurate and quick on his feet and punches. Also Hatton lacked physical power and stamina to even contest Mayweather.

Busyman™
12-13-2007, 11:22 PM
I watched the fight. And I didnt like Hatton's game. His gameplan was to get close and get those dirtly inclose punches. I am not a fan of those. Mayweather is in a different class. He's very accurate and quick on his feet and punches. Also Hatton lacked physical power and stamina to even contest Mayweather.

Hatton fights like that all the time though. I don't think he knows another way (he did go 43 - 0 with that style).

This is why I said that he could never beat MW and that Hatton is not worth the rematch since the fight wasn't close.

I was surprised that Hatton had no punching power later. He was just leaning MW against the ropes and not really doing much.

Normally he would let some nastyness go.

MW picked his spots and was productive. Hatton may throw 15 punches with nothing substantial then BAM, MW pop Hatton's head back.

I watched the fight again and Hatton has almost NO defense. He just bulls in with no regard for his own face.

I don't think he realized the cumulative effect of MW's punches.

I can't say it was one of the best fights I've ever seen but it surprising for me.

Everyone that I know thought I was on crack for picking Hatton.:frusty:

I guess MW is the truth and best pound for pound boxer in the world.

I only say that because he is undefeated and he's fought top opponents.

orfik
12-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Mayweather's the Federer of boxing. Where is Nadal?!

grimms
12-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Mayweather's the Federer of boxing. Where is Nadal?!

Dayum right!:D

fstrulz
12-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Boxing has so many different weight classes...

So, there's no Federer or Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods of boxing.