PDA

View Full Version : Why FTN. Why FTN is Hot cake , Can ne 1 Give information

svergie
12-08-2007, 10:33 PM
freinds, i am just seeking that people very desperate infact its a tracker where one shuldnt miss for ever. wonder , whats there in it , and whats not there in other torrents, what FTN makes so specail.

Please share some information , so that people like me know why people are desperate to Hunt FTN..

asymmetric
12-08-2007, 10:36 PM
err.. what?

mrnobody
12-08-2007, 10:41 PM
- packs (games, movies, and i think there are some for music as well)

- no ratio system at all...all you have to do is seed 36 hrs for each grab

- staff are friendly

- community: most people there know what they are talking about at least

- rarity

spark
12-08-2007, 10:44 PM

- staff are friendly

- rarity

:rolleyes:

svergie
12-08-2007, 10:45 PM
nice information dude

what does that mean , in red u mean those points are exactly opposite

WarrenBuffet
12-08-2007, 10:52 PM
in the end it means its a level 9, so for some ppl its like ZOMG ZORZ!!!11 I WANT FTN!

spark
12-08-2007, 10:54 PM
nice information dude

what does that mean , in red u mean those points are exactly opposite

No, it means these are the main reasons for joining FTN..

fOrUmAs
12-08-2007, 10:57 PM
freinds, i am just seeking that people very desperate infact its a tracker where one shuldnt miss for ever. wonder , whats there in it , and whats not there in other torrents, what FTN makes so specail.

Please share some information , so that people like me know why people are desperate to Hunt FTN..

probaby the main reasone why so many people want FTN is because there is no ratio system only upload is count..

svergie
12-08-2007, 11:08 PM
amazing info guys.. well all the best .. i wish if FTN staff listen to this, just Open for signups for 1 day on xmas.. its a gift that cant be expressed.... Hope dream come true

tweakz
12-08-2007, 11:24 PM
They would probable be full with the blink of an eye!

kyrcer
12-08-2007, 11:26 PM
FTN is not for common user you have to deserve to get there.

DefX
12-08-2007, 11:40 PM

Don't make it sound like FTN is the be all and end all of the private tracker world. I was a common user when I got there in their infancy and I'm still a common user now. Never had to prove myself first elsewhere b4 i gained entrance. And I don't consider myself holier than thou just because I'm a member.

mrnobody
12-08-2007, 11:49 PM

i disagree... instead you just have to make your way in <= applies for all tracker :D

and, what do you mean by "common user"?

Vercors
12-08-2007, 11:52 PM
probaby the main reasone why so many people want FTN is because there is no ratio system only upload is count..

People have been wanting FTN for ages, not just since the ratio system has been removed

svergie
12-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Comon freinds, Every one Deserve, I hope after 2 years u will Get 1 more tracker which will be more than FTN. This is IT world . everything happens.. Nothing can be taken for Granted. As of Now FTN Rules, But Remember Guys Everyday is Not Sunday..

Be optimist than pessimist

styles
12-08-2007, 11:53 PM

- staff are friendly

- rarity

Wooo,That's excellent.
I thought no ratio sys:rolleyes: is the most attractive for all ppl out there who want to get in.:lol:
Also heard there are fast speed as well.

amazing info guys.. well all the best .. i wish if FTN staff listen to this, just Open for signups for 1 day on xmas.. its a gift that cant be expressed.... Hope dream come true

Hope so.just one more chance.Dream Do Come True:D

svergie
12-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Honestly it started 2 years back, when the signup open , i thought we can do it later, but now i see how hot it is

Polarbear
12-08-2007, 11:56 PM

people want ftn, because it's a good tracker.

plain and simple.

SpiderPig
12-08-2007, 11:56 PM
What's so good about FTN? I mean, seriously. It's got a horrible cheater system where I can't use any of my cheats; it's got a horrible trading-accounts system where I can't trade my invites; it's got this stupid policy that there is no download stat and no ratio.. I mean, where the fuck am I supposed to enlarge by e-penis now?!

I laugh at "Rarity"

kyrcer
12-08-2007, 11:58 PM
I think you misunderstand me. :)

mrnobody
12-09-2007, 12:09 AM
What's so good about FTN? I mean, seriously. It's got a horrible cheater system where I can't use any of my cheats; it's got a horrible trading-accounts system where I can't trade my invites; it's got this stupid policy that there is no download stat and no ratio.. I mean, where the fuck am I supposed to enlarge by e-penis now?!

I laugh at "Rarity"

:lol:

t0mmy
12-09-2007, 12:10 AM

I laugh at "Rarity"

isnt that a good thing... :/

DannyGnXz
12-09-2007, 12:13 AM

I laugh at "Rarity"

Very nicely put... TRANSLATION = SARCASM at its best

bikernin
12-09-2007, 02:57 AM

I laugh at "Rarity"

Funniest "pointing out the truth" post ive read in a long time :lol:
No wonder it has the maximum number of continuous quotes

chillincool
12-09-2007, 03:20 AM

It's popular because a bunch of people with broken english constantly mention and ask questions about it. (heh)

asymmetric
12-09-2007, 06:39 AM
just a question: if there's no stats, how can they keep an acceptable S/L ratio?
i mean, everybody will just leech (that's human nature :) )

or ain't it so?

asy

masterbat
12-09-2007, 06:41 AM
its the no ratio system that makes this site special , if you take that away its just another rare 0day tracker :)

fsephie
12-09-2007, 07:12 AM
The lack of a ratio is the byproduct of the two things mentioned earlier: friendly staff and a good community.

If you think it's about the downloading and such, you probably aren't going to get in. It's lack that thing where people tell you if you want to lead for the glory you shouldn't lead at all? Except much more trivial.

master-D
12-09-2007, 07:17 AM
just a question: if there's no stats, how can they keep an acceptable S/L ratio?

or ain't it so?

asy

you may think so

but the fact is people are seeding and the speeds are great

FTN rulz :lol:

kirktrix
12-09-2007, 07:17 AM

or ain't it so?

asy

Only uploads count.... That's the best of FTN....Even they do not have ratio system members still seeds the file.... they do not just leech...

Grind$oFine
12-09-2007, 07:30 AM

or ain't it so?

asy

Only uploads count.... That's the best of FTN....Even they do not have ratio system members still seeds the file.... they do not just leech...

Yeah, they DO record all of your individual torrents ratios. It gets listed in your profile under the torrent history. When you see a torrent over 1.0 the ratio turns green. I strive for all green, I think a lot of people do.

Jnk1986
12-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Hello, Could one of u that have an account at FTN contact a mod or so for me? cuz it seems the password recovery system is not working for me and I removed cookies and forgot my pass for it.

Need some help please, appreciate it alot.

krisil
12-09-2007, 08:17 AM
after going through all the posts i think some things should be made clear

1. packs are not such a thing which will make people chasing a tracker as there are many trackers out there overflowing with ' packs '.
2. many easy to get trackers have excellent speeds and one can always leech more than one torrent to maximise the DL speed
3. disbanding of ratio system is an attraction but FTN has been the most sought after site since much before that so that cannot be the major factor . its just that FTN trusts its users and they do not fail it. in a way it is a lesson for other sites.
4. friendly staff is a very important factor . many good trackers have rude staff . though it is true that membership of a tracker/ forum is a privilege and not a right , compassion towards users shown by staff goes a long way in making people love the concerned site.
5. community is the most important factor , the most glowing example being revolt which is a close-knit community.

nkhlsrf
12-09-2007, 10:25 AM
i think they are that good to deserve the place..though i havent been a member of it..
but somehow there is a feeling which says its the best one arnd and nothing can beat it..lolz

fstokebanget
12-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Why FTN is so good, one reason, now it's freeleech forever, and it's only for 5000 ppl only :P

jelll
12-09-2007, 07:46 PM
it's simply the best due to the great staff and solid userbase.

zizo85
12-09-2007, 08:56 PM
its one of greatest tracker on the net
it have very great community &content and speed
all that make from it great tracker beside rarity:D

xpestilencex
12-11-2007, 12:12 AM
i wish i had an invite =[

the mighty
12-11-2007, 12:24 AM
That's why I want an invite, the community and all that jazz. I'm a member of a few torrent sites, but nothing like FTN. I know the ratio system is a necessity on a lot of sites, but I'd love to be part of a community where you just know that everybody seeds. If everybody just leeched, or used cheat systems, we'd all be screwed.

fstokebanget
12-11-2007, 04:18 AM
one more thing I wanna add, the staff at FTN are really nice ppl, they follow the rules they made but they don't just ban ppl for any unknown reason, totally different from BMTV staffs.

fstrulz
12-11-2007, 05:56 AM
FTN also has the hottest female BTers...

JA
12-11-2007, 05:59 AM
Really? Who :O!

fstrulz
12-11-2007, 06:07 AM
Really? Who :O!
Just check out the pics thread and you'll have a boner after just a couple of pages. :lol:

colbert
12-11-2007, 06:11 AM
I get such a cheap laugh from threads like this. FTN hot cake! Who says "hot cake" about anything? lol ... Has anyone ever been invited there after posting a thread title like that?

JA
12-11-2007, 06:20 AM
fap fap fap.

aysomc
12-11-2007, 11:18 AM
just Open for signups for 1 day on xmas..

1 day of open signups and they would probably have like 30,000 members. theres a reason why its known for its community, small user base of good/active people. i wish brandon would keep track of the 8 pages of people he invited from his thread the other day and see how many of them actually stay active and dont get banned.

angryghost
12-11-2007, 11:27 AM

one day would be too long, if they ever had a open signup i would think about 1 min for ppl to catch any longer and there will be a flood of ppl signing up.

f@flot
12-11-2007, 11:58 AM
FTN is not hard to get really,and it has nothing special.infact i almost don't use it, sct far better.

the mighty
12-11-2007, 12:24 PM
if it isn't hard to get, how come i still haven't been invited.

danio
12-11-2007, 12:50 PM
those saying it isn't hard to get are just bragging :).

kirktrix
12-11-2007, 12:54 PM

:yup:... If you are lucky you will get one...but if not you will wait for ages...:P

danio
12-11-2007, 01:13 PM

:yup:... If you are lucky you will get one...but if not you will wait for ages...:P

yes. i got lucky with my request. but that don't make me say that it is easy. i know it's damn hard to find an invite if you actively search for it.. if you didn't pursue it and you are offered an invite from a friend here at FST or somewhere else, then yes i can imagine you would think it's easy. but everyone should know that considering the supply and demand for invites, it is very hard if you don't know someone :). saying anything different is bragging and teasing the less fortunate :)

kyrcer
12-11-2007, 01:32 PM
If you don't have friends you will never get there.

DiDi
12-11-2007, 03:08 PM
If you don't have friends you will never get there.

:(
Omg!

magushun
12-12-2007, 01:51 AM
now im rly gonna kill myself... all that time, kept looking for it, and now, cos i didnt spam... merry xmas.

Awarasan
12-12-2007, 02:42 AM
FTN is not for common user you have to deserve to get there.:yup:
Very, very true kyrcer ;).

BTW everyone else, the community is freaking AWESOME. :D