PDA

View Full Version : seedbox

jb421
12-08-2007, 10:38 PM
I am looking for someone to help me setup a seedbox on centos os.it has 2X120 GB sata drives am very new to this kind of os and i really need some help in getting it going . thank you in advance

Papi_Chulo
12-09-2007, 03:30 AM
added you on msn

arkiebrian
12-09-2007, 05:46 AM
Nice setup!

mr.Dman
12-09-2007, 10:12 AM
added you on msn
If you don't mind Helping someone else It's been 4 days for me.
I have a veortol seedbox started with centso 4.4 I just didn't get it to work so I had them change it to FC 4 it's not supported any more and some of the files will not update.
I'm going to change back to centso 4.4
and start over.
I did add IM to my profile.
Thanks

mr.Dman
12-09-2007, 10:13 AM
multi post

mr.Dman
12-09-2007, 10:14 AM
multi post

SaRkAsM
12-09-2007, 03:30 PM
added you on msn
I have a veortol seedbox started with centso 4.4 I just didn't get it to work so I had them change it to FC 4 it's not supported any more and some of the files will not update.
and start over.
Thanks

so what you need help in ?? updating it ?? installing flux ?? using rtorrent ??

arkiebrian
12-09-2007, 03:37 PM
added you on msn
and start over.
Thanks
I set up Fedora 4 on mine...and am using TorrentFlux. All the info you need is on the Internet.

All you need to do is follow the instructions on this link and you will be up and running with TorrentFlux.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Installing-TorrentFlux-and-XAAMP-41840.shtml

fisherman
12-09-2007, 03:41 PM
added you on msn
and start over.
Thanks

Yeah I'm running fedora 4 with vectoral too.

The problem is that cause fedora 4 is a bit outdated some of the mirrors don't work so u can't install all the required like wine xterm vnc...

As far as I know the yum.conf needs to be updated.

Just submit a ticket on "urgent" and ask them to install wine xterm vnc-server for you.

After they install them 3 things it will less than 10 minutes to set it up.

Seriously submit a ticket.

mr.Dman
12-09-2007, 03:47 PM
and start over.
Thanks

Yeah I'm running fedora 4 with vectoral too.

The problem is that cause fedora 4 is a bit outdated some of the mirrors don't work so u can't install all the required like wine xterm vnc...

As far as I know the yum.conf needs to be updated.

Just submit a ticket on "urgent" and ask them to install wine xterm vnc-server for you.

After they install them 3 things it will less than 10 minutes to set it up.

Seriously submit a ticket.
ok just tell them to install wine xtem vnc-server and thats all
I will do it right now!

fisherman
12-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Yeah once they are installed, it's pretty straigh forward from there.

arkiebrian
12-09-2007, 04:25 PM
That link I posted shows everything you need to know to do this yourself without submitting a ticket...

Don't they charge for tickets?

fisherman
12-09-2007, 05:09 PM
That link I posted shows everything you need to know to do this yourself without submitting a ticket...

Don't they charge for tickets?

Yeah the link u posted is excellent and will work for fedora 5 and 6 but fedora 4 is out dated so when u type yum -y install vnc-server.....it will try to download it but it will not find a mirror to download it from cause the yum.conf needs to be updated.

and unless ur really good with linux, that could be a problem....

So best thing to do is submit a ticket and ask them to install the programs for you, so then they will update the yum.conf for you and away u go with ur seedbox :)

No they don't charge for tickets

arkiebrian
12-09-2007, 05:32 PM
OK

Well, I suppose that's the easy way to do it then. I found my way through installing it all myself but I am a programmer by trade.

Good luck!

fisherman
12-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Yeah if you know linux it would be easy enough... U have to update or add a .rpm package to make it find working mirrors...

I've only had this problem with Vectoral fedora 4......I use fedora all the time and never had any probs....It's just out dated....Why are they even offering fedora 4, the should make it fedora 6 or something

ifkstab
12-09-2007, 07:19 PM
it's not so much that fc4 is outdated as that they don't have the yum packages set up. If you go into /etc/yum.repos.d and change the repos files, they have lines edited out and if you see $resourceserver in the links list it won't find anything you have to change it to 4

fisherman
12-09-2007, 08:30 PM
it's not so much that fc4 is outdated as that they don't have the yum packages set up. If you go into /etc/yum.repos.d and change the repos files, they have lines edited out and if you see $resourceserver in the links list it won't find anything you have to change it to 4

Yeah ur prob right....

Is there any chance you could do like a copy/paste and shows us exactly what should be changed to 4.....

Just for future ref as everytime u sign up for a different server with Vectoral, u have to go thru this and sometimes it can take them a day or even longer to get back to you.

ifkstab
12-09-2007, 08:44 PM
well for example fedora.repo is
[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-$releasever
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

if you delete the # for the comment and change $releaseserver to 4 you get
[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-4
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

some that you probably need to do this for would be fedora-updates.repo and fedora-extras.repo
i'm not sure if you need to change the name line or not, but this has worked for me on 3 different installs

fisherman
12-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Thanks for posting that, it could come in handy for the future :)