spamaroonie
07-23-2003, 07:06 PM
can we get sued for using kazaa lite

Livy
07-23-2003, 07:07 PM
No,

TRshady
07-23-2003, 07:08 PM
I would really like to give a detailed answer but instead am gonna blab on for a minute or two as there really is no answer other then what I am about to say: no.

olibomb
07-23-2003, 07:20 PM
the answer is NO

TIBZ
07-23-2003, 07:38 PM
hell no bcuz this is freeware if we r stealin this program then yes (i think) tell me if im rong lol

J'Pol
07-23-2003, 08:25 PM
Yes - if you use it to download copyright protected material, without paying the proper amount to the holder of that copyright.

No - If you use it to download free material.

Celerystalksme
07-23-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@24 July 2003 - 06:25
Yes - if you use it to download copyright protected material, without payinh the proper amount to the holfer of that copyright.

No - If you use it to download free material.
Utohs :(

Shareef
07-24-2003, 03:40 AM
No

Michael2
07-24-2003, 03:45 AM
isn't everything copywritten, like songs and movies?

Shareef
07-24-2003, 03:47 AM
but not everything is copyrighted some files might be freeware

Mocha
07-25-2003, 03:53 PM
If you're sued, and if they win, how can the court make you pay if you don't have the money. They can't squeeze blood out of a turnip. And they don't put people debtors prison any more. But that's "if" they win. But the chances are so slim that you got a better chance of getting killed in an automobile accident than you do of them "finding" you. If you're inclined to worry, worry about traffic conditions, not about the RIAA.
But what should be thought about and fought about is the concept of intellectual property. I believe Jefferson ridculed the idea. And it is only an idea. That idea can be challenged. What about the rights involved in Public Domain? What about the rights to knowledge, to information? When they had the machinery all to themselves, they had a monopoly, and they charged us for songs we weren't interested in buying. Now the shoes on the other foot. We got the techology to pick and choose what's floating around. Thank God, (if you believe in a Designer and Justice), and fuk'em. :D

Iridium
07-25-2003, 04:05 PM
I'm in the UK so the laws where you are may not apply in the same way but I don't think you can be sued for using an app - it's to do with what you're downloading - if you own the original (i.e. you've bought it already) then you're OK - if not then there's your problem

Darkshade
07-25-2003, 04:51 PM
This topic has been discussed to death in like 50 billion other posts. Next time, please search the forum. :mellow:

Iridium
07-25-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Darkshade@25 July 2003 - 16:51
This topic has been discussed to death in like 50 billion other posts. Next time, please search the forum. :mellow:
Fair comment but the OP is anew user (like myself) so perhaps give a little slack?

But yes - a search is to be recommended

Messican
07-26-2003, 08:39 PM
I hope not. Fuckin' RIAA...

chalkmongoose
07-27-2003, 05:29 AM
With Bush in power, I seriously doubt the sanity of our legal system, so yes, I think in the near future we'll probably be able to be thrown in jail for doing anything that may take money from the massive enterprises that dominate this land. And yep, debters prison, coming right up. You want your day in th' stocks baked, boiled or fried?

patback87
08-17-2003, 04:50 AM
With Bush in power, I seriously doubt the sanity of our legal system, so yes, I think in the near future we'll probably be able to be thrown in jail for doing anything that may take money from the massive enterprises that dominate this land. And yep, debters prison, coming right up. You want your day in th' stocks baked, boiled or fried?
^
SO true, I don't think you could be sued in fact if I were sued I'd counter sue for invasion of privacy. It's in the constitution, then agian so is copyright laws, but invasion of privacy is much higher on the list. The only problem is this a captialist country therefore the laws gonna take the side of blood thristy rich music industry. Thanks to Pacific Bell I think we're safe unless you didn't sign a privacy contract with your ISP. If you all didn't hear Pacific Bell is a friend and an allies to us. I support the US my homeland but I'm sorry our president is a dumbass, he's pissed more people off than Bill Gates. It just happens that they are all terrorist.

Peace Out and may Bush not find oil on your land (he like to start wars over oil wink wink) :)