PDA

View Full Version : Riaa Subpoenas List

God Hack
07-24-2003, 12:20 AM
Riaa subpoenas List (http://www.techtv.com/news/culture/story/0,24195,3484600,00.html)

Damn the Riaa is gettin on my nerves now :angry: first they screw up the music on kazaa now this :angry:

Adster
07-24-2003, 12:44 AM
Sit back relaz try not too qorry about those bastards on what our enemy is doing I know it doesn't worry me becasue I live in Australia so they can't do s** all so I'm a bit layed back I admit

hmm isn&#39;t it funny they got the number 911 <_<

oh yeah whats the point of naming user names??? easy can be changed

3RA1N1AC
07-24-2003, 02:49 AM
you should have read the article more carefully. the website chose to only list the user names. the government site THEY got the info from has the user names, IPs, songs shared, etc.

junkyardking
07-24-2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Hogster@24 July 2003 - 00:44
Sit back relaz try not too qorry about those bastards on what our enemy is doing I know it doesn&#39;t worry me becasue I live in Australia so they can&#39;t do s** all so I&#39;m a bit layed back I admit

hmm isn&#39;t it funny they got the number 911 <_<

oh yeah whats the point of naming user names??? easy can be changed
I don’t know why you think that, I’m in Australia and the RIAA have had search warrants carried out by the Federal police on ISP’s here, the only difference here is when the Riaa go to court here you get charged with a criminal offense while in the US it&#39;s only in civil court.

The RIAA can do this in Australia because we are signatories to certain international copyright agreements.

The RIAA grasp is alot longer than just the US.

Adster
07-24-2003, 03:14 AM
Well in that case the RIAA can come get me and kiss my ass :P

MetroStars
07-24-2003, 07:01 PM
That&#39;s the Attitude 2 have Hogster, sum people r far 2 Paranoid... i mean what the hell r the RIAA planing 2 do with those kazaa user names..

n00bies
07-24-2003, 07:18 PM
The UK is nicely protected thanks to the data protection act which forbids the ISP to give details to peeps like the RIAA &#092;o/

mr_tiki
07-24-2003, 08:20 PM
www.k_lite.tk_Kazaa_Lite@Kazaa is a the bottom of that list..

so a k-lite.tker has been caugh also... hmm

Schmiggy_JK23
07-24-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by MetroStars@24 July 2003 - 14:01
That&#39;s the Attitude 2 have Hogster, sum people r far 2 Paranoid... i mean what the hell r the RIAA planing 2 do with those kazaa user names..
read the article..

obviously they have the ips/real names if they are doing subpoenas, tech tv showed users names for privacy issues only...

4play
07-24-2003, 09:52 PM
who else read through that list and was disapointed when your not on it. :(

i bet that is gonna make everybody really scared. they managed to catch about 100 people i saw in that list. all which will be told stop sharing it is very naughty.

Good work Riaa only another 4.5 million to go :lol:

Renegade720
07-25-2003, 04:22 AM
you guys dont get it. now it&#39;s time to be paranoid. we can no longer hide behind fire walls. YOUR isp is cooperating with mpaa, riaa, fbi, etc.

MadDog-2000
07-25-2003, 04:36 AM
Renegade720 Posted on 24 July 2003 - 22:22

you guys dont get it. now it&#39;s time to be paranoid. we can no longer hide behind fire walls. YOUR isp is cooperating with mpaa, riaa, fbi, etc.

Take the chill pill dude&#33; The site where you can check if the RIAA is sueing you is, ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov (http://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov)

Check out these sites as well, www.eff.org (http://www.eff.org) and www.subpoenadefense.org (http://www.subpoenadefense.org)

If you are in need of a lawyer, they have a whole list on the last site listed above :D

FreakBoy
07-25-2003, 04:53 AM
The RIAA cant sue everyone. If they sued even a few thousand people, the public would be up in arms because most of these guys would be 16 yearolds using a 3 yearold PC.

The most important thing to remember is that in something as much in the news as it is, image is everything.

All you have to do is see a couple 16 yearolds say that he cant go to collage because the RIAA took away his life savings. After that you&#39;d see a people writing to their congressman, going to demonstrations, burning CDs..... It wouldnt be pro-sharing , it would be Anti-Big Business

And then we win. :devil:

ninjamonkey
07-25-2003, 05:31 AM
maddog, it wantewd me to pay a fee at that gov&#39;t site. did it do that for anyone else?

unknownXXX
07-25-2003, 06:25 AM
is there a bunch of people with the www.k_lite.tk_Kazaa_Lite@Kazaa?

randyleepublic
08-04-2003, 03:05 AM
THE FILE SHARING MANIFESTO

So now the music industry greedheads want to play rough. What’s the matter, their coke dealer won’t front anymore? Those techno-ghouls have been living high on the hog for the past 100 years and now they’re upset because the river of gold is down 10%. If they want to play rough, so can we. The only reason they can afford to pay their lawyers is because we all still buy CDs.

There is only one proper response to the file sharing attack – a complete and total boycott of all new recorded music purchases. Imagine if you got a summons in the mail. We must support our file sharing brothers and sisters. I SAY NO PURCHASES OF ANY NEW CDS OR DOWNLOADS UNTIL THEY CHANGE THE LAW ON FILE SHARING&#33;&#33; If you want music go to a show, or buy or trade used CDs.

Copy this and spread the word&#33;

To those who are concerned about artist&#39;s royalties, you&#39;ve been brainwashed. Music is a performing art - the key word here is performing. If artists want to get paid, they need to perform. Not live like ghouls on the ghosts of old echos.

Consider the artists who have been most commercially successful on recordings. They have almost all been destroyed by that success. On the other hand an old dope fiend like Jerry Garcia survived for years despite his self destructive ways, largely, IMHO, because his recordings were not money makers and he had to tour.

Besides the whole industry is only the result of a technical glitch where it was easy to record, but difficult to copy. Those days are over. They all need to accept the new paradigm or fade away.

Adster
08-04-2003, 03:07 AM
havn&#39;t I seen that post before??

I'm_going_slightly_mad
08-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by randyleepublic@3 August 2003 - 22:05
THE FILE SHARING MANIFESTO

So now the music industry greedheads want to play rough. What’s the matter, their coke dealer won’t front anymore? Those techno-ghouls have been living high on the hog for the past 100 years and now they’re upset because the river of gold is down 10%. If they want to play rough, so can we. The only reason they can afford to pay their lawyers is because we all still buy CDs.

There is only one proper response to the file sharing attack – a complete and total boycott of all new recorded music purchases. Imagine if you got a summons in the mail. We must support our file sharing brothers and sisters. I SAY NO PURCHASES OF ANY NEW CDS OR DOWNLOADS UNTIL THEY CHANGE THE LAW ON FILE SHARING&#33;&#33; If you want music go to a show, or buy or trade used CDs.

Copy this and spread the word&#33;

To those who are concerned about artist&#39;s royalties, you&#39;ve been brainwashed. Music is a performing art - the key word here is performing. If artists want to get paid, they need to perform. Not live like ghouls on the ghosts of old echos.

Consider the artists who have been most commercially successful on recordings. They have almost all been destroyed by that success. On the other hand an old dope fiend like Jerry Garcia survived for years despite his self destructive ways, largely, IMHO, because his recordings were not money makers and he had to tour.

Besides the whole industry is only the result of a technical glitch where it was easy to record, but difficult to copy. Those days are over. They all need to accept the new paradigm or fade away.
Stop spamming the forum with this.

Argh&#33; :pirate:

shareshareshare
08-05-2003, 03:22 PM
Thats a default user name for Kazaa Lite.

Anyway: Proof that it is the RIAA:
example:
auto Search for "Circle of Life" on audio. Now, look at the song with the most results. EVERY user with that song has two copies, one named "disney - circle of life" and the other "lion king - circle of life".

Here is an idea to thwart the RIAA: everyone name themselves the same user name (to make it difficult for them)