PDA

View Full Version : hosting-ie vps connection speed

fstokebanget
12-11-2007, 06:30 AM
Hi,
can anyone share what is the hosting-ie vps, especially the raptor downstream & upstream speed ?

thanks a lot

JA
12-11-2007, 06:37 AM
39 Euro? (http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/15/48/)

fstokebanget
12-11-2007, 06:43 AM
sorry, I mean the connection speed, both downstream and upstream bandwidth of the raptor vps

thanks

m@ke
12-11-2007, 06:49 AM
not price, a connection speed.... :D

fstokebanget
12-11-2007, 07:44 AM
yes, because when I test my hosting-ie raptor connection speed with speedtest, it only reaced about 200K with only 85K upstream

0ctane
12-11-2007, 11:05 AM
top speed i've had out of it on a fast tracker is 70mbit each way

Fibre
12-11-2007, 11:33 AM
It's up to 100mbit. Average of 20-40mbit.

fstokebanget
12-11-2007, 03:19 PM
thanks, but why is the connection speed unstable on Raptor VPS ?

TechnoMan80
12-12-2007, 02:05 AM
thanks, but why is the connection speed unstable on Raptor VPS ?
Rabtor VDS
http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/27/64/
"On this package each master server hosts 5 Virtual Dedicated Servers"

Rabtor Pluses
http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/29/66/
"On this package each master server hosts 3 Virtual Dedicated Servers"

But I would advice to go for dedic ones they offer good speed hardware and prices right now if you will need it at list for next 2-3 or more months.

fstokebanget
12-12-2007, 04:14 AM
shared by 5... no wonder the speed is so unstable :(
I'm on a low budget, 70 pounds for dedicated setup fee is too much

Let's say I have an idea to share with my 2 other friends for a dedicated server, if we all log in to the server at the same time and all running it's own torrent client, would that really eat up the server resources a lot ?

SgtMajor
12-12-2007, 04:44 AM
shared by 5... no wonder the speed is so unstable :(

Let's say I have an idea to share with my 2 other friends for a dedicated server, if we all log in to the server at the same time and all running it's own torrent client, would that really eat up the server resources a lot ?

It would die a death, quickly!

I might do a weekly sub-let of my seedbox, prob about £10 per week (less than half of what I pay), good for those on a low budget, but I find I am not using it as much as I used to, everything I needed it for has been accomplished, but by retaining a little bit, I can continue to seed my long term stuff, and keep my seedbox alive.

Some half-decent chip or other
1 GB RAM mem
160GB hard disk
Win 2003 Web Edn
Utorrent & Firefox installed
Access via RDC via an IP & log/pass, you can set up Webgui if you wish.

You can easily do 200GB+ a day on very popular torrents to popular sites.

Fibre
12-12-2007, 12:24 PM

3 users on a Linux box each using rTorrent would be fine.

fstokebanget
12-12-2007, 06:03 PM
I just think of a problem that might come if I'm gonna use rTorrent on Linux without GUI, some of site like AOMKiller doesn't have passkey, so I have to logon from the same IP, that's from the seedbox, then if it uses Linux how do I connect to the tracker web ?

And about the connection speed is being shared by 5, I just think that it might be not so bad at all, since uTorrent would have a problem, like today on my vps, when the download speed reaches up to 8MB/s, suddenly the program just closed itself.

TechnoMan80
12-13-2007, 01:09 AM
shared by 5... no wonder the speed is so unstable http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../images/smilies/sad.gif

Dedic Raptor Pro Lin 892 Pearl NEWhttp://hosting-ie.com/content/view/34/75/

That one will runs all 6 Clients or more without any hiccups :)
But..... You have to remember that connection will be shared again between your friends ;)

Or go fro this ones http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/29/66/ but take some higher ones like Rabtor Plus 2 or 3 I don't' think that there is high setup fee if there is at all.

Fibre
12-13-2007, 03:47 PM
I just think of a problem that might come if I'm gonna use rTorrent on Linux without GUI, some of site like AOMKiller doesn't have passkey, so I have to logon from the same IP, that's from the seedbox, then if it uses Linux how do I connect to the tracker web ?

It's easy.

All you would need to do is create a dynamic tunnel over SSH to your server. Once created, the dynamic tunnel would act as a SOCKS5 proxy allowing you to browse the web using your servers IP.

fstokebanget
12-13-2007, 05:15 PM
any tutorial link about that Fibre ?

Fibre
12-14-2007, 02:11 AM
You will need:

PuTTy (http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html)
A Dedicated Linux Server
Mozilla Firefox

fstokebanget
01-04-2008, 03:07 AM
Fibre, could you teach me how to do that on Mac OS terminal ? I use SSH command directly from Mac OS X Terminal

edit : I figured it out, just an easy command line : ssh xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -D xxxxx(this is the port number)

while the socks proxy can be set up in the system preferences

It's easy.

All you would need to do is create a dynamic tunnel over SSH to your server. Once created, the dynamic tunnel would act as a SOCKS5 proxy allowing you to browse the web using your servers IP.

TechnoMan80
02-04-2008, 03:47 AM
does putty works on MAC ?

filonome
02-04-2008, 05:32 AM
does putty works on MAC ?

wow, what a terrible thread revival and weird off topic question....

no, in a mac, u use terminal...and type ssh hostname.

fstokebanget
02-04-2008, 08:17 AM
:lol: yeah, we, Mac users already have everything here and just love the terminal :lol:

dottor
02-06-2008, 07:53 AM
I wouldn't waste my money on these guys,

Poor support, or none unless you pay, no reboots, wrong setup 1 month setup time and charged 95 euro for setup.

Speeds way low, they try to extort monthly management fee for stuff that should be included. Told me they were doing me a favor fixing the incorrect setup for free.

Free reboots are for oly fixing hardware problems all else are charged at a price, this price I asked them for an idea and they ignored the question repeatedly.

Very dishonest and very shady company, all emails come from 1 person but they say lots of people working there. Which is a lie which is the truth. I don't think any of it is true they lied on every support ticket or changed their answers from the ones before.

Dishonest answers in support tickets, outright lie at times.

Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere and get a good company not this crap.