PDA

View Full Version : sct acc hacked

zizo85
12-11-2007, 08:29 AM
hiiii guys
my friend account on sct stolen from him:angry:
he just give mail name to someone but he didnt give him the pass
after aday he go to log in surprised that the pass incorrect and mail pass incorrect too:angry:

can any one help him plz

thnx

sleepyy
12-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Only the site staff can help no regular joe here can help pm the site community rep here or go into their irc or just sing there's no better advice than what i have just presented you.

th0r
12-11-2007, 08:36 AM
Joining the support IRC is the only way he'll have some hope of getting the account back, good luck.

fOrUmAs
12-11-2007, 08:47 AM
probably acc was disabled by now

styles
12-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Hope your friend will get acc back soon.And keep it safe.

zizo85
12-11-2007, 08:51 AM
i dont think though becuz when he try to recover the pass say succefull and go to mail he surprised that the pass of the mail changed

fstokebanget
12-11-2007, 09:19 AM
If your friend still keep the invite email from ScT or the signup email from ScT, then he can talk to the staff and show that email

Sylar666
12-11-2007, 09:21 AM
i dont think though becuz when he try to recover the pass say succefull and go to mail he surprised that the pass of the mail changed
On SCT if U want to change Your Email, first U will get a letter to Your original Email. Afterwards, if U confirm, then U can have Your NEW Email confirmed.
Why did Your friend give his Email/ pass etc. away in the 1st place? Recklessness and negligency always pays off.

fOrUmAs
12-11-2007, 09:22 AM

hmm...well if its not banned then it will be really hard to get back that acc to your friend,but u should also know that its only matter of time when that acc will be disabled,because of diffrent ip on same acc..u can contact feeling here, he is mod there maybe he will help but dont hope much

Sylar666
12-11-2007, 09:27 AM
u can contact feeling here, he is mod there maybe he will help but dont hope much
C'mon...;)Feeling is more than a "MOD". Why do U misinform?:naughty:
He is The Number One on SCT. But there are a lot of helpful guys: Eeze, kavselj etc. They can listen to Your Friend. But why does Messi speak on his behalf? He can detail his problems, doesn't he?

fOrUmAs
12-11-2007, 09:37 AM
u can contact feeling here, he is mod there maybe he will help but dont hope much
C'mon...;)Feeling is more than a "MOD". Why do U misinform?:naughty:
He is The Number One on SCT. But there are a lot of helpful guys: Eeze, kavselj etc. They can listen to Your Friend. But why does Messi speak on his behalf? He can detail his problems, doesn't he?

thx for the tip,anyway havent know that but still i really dont care who or what class of staff he or anyother is as long he(all) are fair to members;)

Sylar666
12-11-2007, 09:54 AM
They are nice, really. I just wanted to be more precise. I do not know them personally, though. All I know is that some Staff-members do NOT like to be degredated....:)
Just watch...U joined in October and already over 1000 posts...amazing. Man U really had lots of things to say here.

predateur
12-11-2007, 10:32 AM

with a disabled account you will get this message too,
try to go on the irc i saw few days ago someone with the same situation on irc and they gave him the account back (they changed mail+ rest password+ rest passkey )

good luck.

zizo85
12-11-2007, 02:20 PM
all my friend do that he give mail name to the someone
he didnt give him any thing else:noes: after while he go to log in found that problem
can any one help me
i can give him user name and talk to admins there
if any one can help him pm me:rolleyes:

jam0980tr
12-11-2007, 02:27 PM
pm Feeling here http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/feeling-180404

zizo85
12-11-2007, 02:48 PM
pm Feeling here http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/feeling-180404
thnx 4 that
i will

Swax
12-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Tell your friend to come to #sct.support on irc.scenetorrents.org and we will sort him out.

Tell him to state his problem and it'll be sorted by either myself (at the top of the list) or one of the other members of Staff.

YoYoY
12-11-2007, 05:09 PM

I Think he can recover even if the account was disabled
If it has been deleted he won't be able to recover
So if the account working or disabled he can recover the details but when he try to login the system will tell him that the account has been disabled

ekk3123
12-11-2007, 05:18 PM
The only tip i can give is that he should change every password that were the same. The cracking of the account didn't have nothing to do with him giving out the email, it's bcuz he's in a combo list whitc is made out of a decrypted passfile that is stolen from a database. This ain't sct's fault, it ain't the email clients fault or anything. it's you friend who uses same username:password at different sites.

Sure, I could be wrong. but this is the moast common way. there are hundreds of sct accounts that uses same pw at different sites, It's always like that. Maybe your friend were a member of what.cd when their db were stolen.. And sure sct can provent alot of crackers, all trackers can. some of the does provent it a bit. some of them doesent.. Though sct is a bit better then moast other sites i guess.. but hey, I can be wrong.

Why would the accound be disabled? It's clearly something that the cracker has thinked thru and the only thing changed is the ip and the password. If he would change the contact email on the sct acc i guess it would be easy to pick him out fast and disable the acc.
I am sure that the staff at sct will help you out, a friend of mine ad the same problem once and the solved it in just some days.