PDA

View Full Version : Waffles really starting to suck

Submission
12-12-2007, 05:39 AM
Why?

Everyday their browse page is down so basically the whole site is down, maybe the tracker is up but that is just useless.

Some torrents are just piss poor slow, with only 15,000 people there are like 500 or so people seeding 90% of the torrents. You click on seeders and they are seeding about 200 other torrents....

What.cd on the other hand,

has caught up with waffles in torrents. 40,000 users too which makes keeping your ratio alot easier along with faster torrents.

Plus they have magazines :)

Something Else
12-12-2007, 05:41 AM
So fucking what.

No offence loike. :smilie4:

colbert
12-12-2007, 05:45 AM
Both sites have had problems, but that's just natural for new sites.

Green Goblin
12-12-2007, 05:46 AM
easy solution delete your account and the problem will be solved or donate to the site so they can buy better equipment.

Something Else
12-12-2007, 05:53 AM
Good point, well made.

Grind$oFine
12-12-2007, 05:55 AM
The comparison is really pointless since both sites are so similar and so young.
It's personal preference, that's all it can come down to.
And personally, I think both sites kick major ass, and most music fans will have both plus a handful of other trackers.

And in any case, here's the news on Waffles

All this time, we thought the tracker code was the cause of the site being sluggish at time, overloading, and having the 500 errors. We worked quite hard to enhance it to be as efficient as possible. On a hunch, an admin disabled browse, and the errors virtually all went away. So, it seems, we were wrong about the tracker code. However, it's more efficient than imaginable. Right now, we're working on browse to make it use less resources, so that the site can be stable, essentially permanently. These are tough times, but please bear with us while we work our pale white butts off to bring you the best torrent site you could ever fathom. Browse will be intermittent while we work on it, so don't lose hope if you see it one minute and it's gone the next. I promised the dev team, and now I promise you, our loyal users: I will not go to sleep until browse and search are back up. It's just too important for it to be disabled. We thank you for being patient.

SHUVT
12-12-2007, 06:22 AM
easy solution delete your account and the problem will be solved or donate to the site so they can buy better equipment.

Shame on you m8! :dry:

J-dye
12-12-2007, 06:47 AM
you are just advertising stmusic , waffles is a new site so expect some downtimes and glitches . am sure they will improve with time

Hairbautt
12-12-2007, 06:54 AM
They're planning to add comics, audio books and ebooks if that's what you mean.

Just give it time.

sleepyy
12-12-2007, 07:31 AM
The site is new expect problems everything needs to evolve to make major improvements to make it it's best and to suit everybody's needs to make them happy It's rare that a super something can be made in a week or so depending on experiance of it's creators or complexity of the project either put up with it or find another site it's quite simple i'm happy with what ever i can get.

Or you could complain on the site in judgement and you may even be able to help out and make a few interesting suggestions to impove the site it's the user's and the staff at the end of the day that make the site what it is.

i have never understood people who receive things for free what right or how dare they moan about it it's not as if that person was forced into anything.

orfik
12-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Why?

Everyday their browse page is down so basically the whole site is down, maybe the tracker is up but that is just useless.

Some torrents are just piss poor slow, with only 15,000 people there are like 500 or so people seeding 90% of the torrents. You click on seeders and they are seeding about 200 other torrents....

has caught up with waffles in torrents. 40,000 users too which makes keeping your ratio alot easier along with faster torrents.

Lol. Shh.

RoSsoNeRI
12-12-2007, 07:36 AM
They have toooooo many torrents for my taste, it's becoming kinda like oink. A total madhouse of torrents

pbjabba
12-12-2007, 07:59 AM
They have toooooo many torrents for my taste, it's becoming kinda like oink. A total madhouse of torrents
No such thing as too many torrents ;) Mmm, variety...

fOrUmAs
12-12-2007, 08:21 AM
they only want more and more torrents on waffle but who cares abouth server who cant handle so much as long they have over 74K torrents..

this is first time that i have seen some site have disabled browse function

sleepyy
12-12-2007, 08:23 AM
they only want more and more torrents on waffle but who cares abouth server who cant handle so much as long they have over 74K torrents..

this is first time that i have seen some site have disabled browse function

What.cd done the same but it was renabled after a few weeks server had to be tested so on i would never join a site if i could not search for things i wanted i'm sure on waffles it will improve

rhoo
12-12-2007, 08:42 AM
Give them time. Everyone had a lot of time to search before they got issues. And still u can grab news stuff. Simply by using log. :w00t:

Stellar
12-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Optimizing their tracker code and fixing reliability problems makes them totally suck amirite

fOrUmAs
12-12-2007, 09:42 AM
Give them time. Everyone had a lot of time to search before they got issues. And still u can grab news stuff. Simply by using log. :w00t:

lol m8 have much time they need? i think they have spend a lot of time and the same problem are there again...

that is why whatcd is better for me they have 40K users and its easy to seed than on waffle,but since is freeleech on waffle i leech some 50 torrents to buffer my acc there..

f@flot
12-12-2007, 10:47 AM
They are new you know,give them time.they are working their asses to fix it.

kyrcer
12-12-2007, 10:53 AM
They do everything for us so we should stay calm.

Hanz™
12-12-2007, 12:45 PM
You have to be fair about this. Waffles has the pretty much the same server as when it first started, and PRQ still have not got their faster Sweden server ready.
Considering that they currently have more torrents, and more leechers/seeders than what.cd who already have their new server, the performance of waffles is pretty damn amazing.

edit: Also one of the main coders is working his ass off to implement a new fast search engine (the current one turned out to be what was making the site run slowly), and is literally not going to sleep until it is ready. That's more effort than anybody should expect, so don't whinge!

grimms
12-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Trust me waffles will get better just like what.cd has over the past couple of weeks now. It takes time, expenses, and great users for a tracker to flourish. Patience is a virtue.

Something Else
12-12-2007, 12:50 PM
It's workin fine now. :dry:

Hanz™
12-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Please understand that it might go down occasionally, since it's being worked on all the time, and you can't work on improving search if people are using it at the same time.

As time goes on it will get faster and even better.

I'm not losing *that* much sleep. A little Armin Van Buuren, pint of water, and right lighting, and I'm good to go. It's done enough for you guys to use now. At the time of writing this, most of the torrents in browse/search report a size of 0kb. That's just because the data is still syncing with the search system. 3 torrents have bad added dates, and those 3 will be updated later. You can now use quotes, +, -, OR, AND, NOT, and group things in parentheses. By default, results are returned best match first, and worst match last. If you don't include AND or +, it will search for all words first, then all minus one of the words, and so on. There's more, I just can't remember it all.

fOrUmAs
12-12-2007, 02:12 PM
You have to be fair about this. Waffles has the pretty much the same server as when it first started, and PRQ still have not got their faster Sweden server ready.
Considering that they currently have more torrents, and more leechers/seeders than what.cd who already have their new server, the performance of waffles is pretty damn amazing.

:lol: yes its amazing how they sucks,maybe waffle have more leechers but for one and only reasone its freeleech,without freeleech u can hardly see more than 2 leecher on some torrents..

whatcd for now kick waffle ass have more reliable server,also what have great team of coders unlike on waffle..what also have 3x more members than waffle and more torrents than waffle for now.

im member on both sites but i must say what is for now better tracker than waffle at least for me.

sperm
12-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Please understand that it might go down occasionally, since it's being worked on all the time, and you can't work on improving search if people are using it at the same time.

As time goes on it will get faster and even better.

so they are working on the live code :sick:, rather than on a dev box?

Adama
12-12-2007, 02:46 PM
They are new so expect problems

Defy
12-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Why not help both sites grow? People love options, at least I know I do.

Hanz™
12-12-2007, 03:08 PM

:lol: yes its amazing how they sucks,maybe waffle have more leechers but for one and only reasone its freeleech,without freeleech u can hardly see more than 2 leecher on some torrents..

whatcd for now kick waffle ass have more reliable server,also what have great team of coders unlike on waffle..what also have 3x more members than waffle and more torrents than waffle for now.

im member on both sites but i must say what is for now better tracker than waffle at least for me.

I guess you haven't noticed that waffles is right now running faster than what.cd with an old server, free-leech and more peers than what?
lol

fOrUmAs
12-12-2007, 03:20 PM
I guess you haven't noticed that waffles is right now running faster than what.cd with an old server, free-leech and more peers than what?
lol

Site overloaded

The site is temporarily overloaded. Please wait a minute or six before refreshing this page.

hehe faster?tell u the true havent notice that ..and like i said before waffle have more peers because of freeleech,let me know when freeleech end than we can see how many will have..
or when what start to have freeleech so we will also see how many will peers have then..

Waffle Registered users 15,085

Whatcd Registered users 40,112

:P

Hanz™
12-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Faster for me.

Submission
12-12-2007, 04:10 PM
New? They have been up closing in on 2 months.

They can't even handle the traffic for 15,000 users.

What.cd went down very early on but it was due to DDOS.

Nobody is attacking waffles and they still go down.

Honestly waffles is so overhyped. How fast do you think torrents are going to be? 15,000 users.....

fOrUmAs
12-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Faster for me.

:whistling

New? They have been up closing in on 2 months.

They can't even handle the traffic for 15,000 users.

What.cd went down very early on but it was due to DDOS.

Nobody is attacking waffles and they still go down.

Honestly waffles is so overhyped. How fast do you think torrents are going to be? 15,000 users.....

for once i agree with u..:D

but i dont think waffle is overhyped..but they need a lot of work to be like whatcd

chrisyg
12-12-2007, 05:34 PM
I prefer waffles to either what.cd or STMusic..

At the end of the day its your decision.. if you dont like..stop winging and delete your account so others can take your place.. Cos there are many that WANT it!!

The admin team are aware of problems and are looking to solve them. Least they are making the end users aware of what they are trying to do.

Also they have had problems from their host leaseweb, which they moved from to some other host, but they eventually are looking at a swedish sever to settle at..

sokrates
12-12-2007, 05:35 PM
hm so i should check out what.cd too?
i think i will atleast wait till the gazelle is running :P
and who gives a shit about speed when it comes to music...
an average album doesnt take too long in v0 or v2 anyways..

9NINE
12-12-2007, 07:32 PM

+1

Pirate
12-12-2007, 07:38 PM
in my opinion if waffles didn't open the invite system like what.cd then what.cd will beat it soon .

chrisyg
12-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Invite system is open, if you have invites to hand out like me :D As i gave 2 invites out about an hour ago and they have both signed up ok.

and they are working on the browse and search feature. waffles is all good :D

Browse will be intermittent while we work on it, so don't lose hope if you see it one minute and it's gone the next. I promised the dev team, and now I promise you, our loyal users: I will not go to sleep until browse and search are back up. It's just too important for it to be disabled. We thank you for being patient.

IceTee
12-12-2007, 08:54 PM
I would love to know when they're going to fix the "Receive invites" bug! :whistling

Have 15gb+ up / 11gb+ down and still haven gotten any invite.

fOrUmAs
12-12-2007, 09:12 PM
I would love to know when they're going to fix the "Receive invites" bug! :whistling

i think u need to be PU to get invites

Contagiousss
12-12-2007, 09:29 PM
new site, new staff, give it some time, every tracker has a beginning, middle, and an end just stick with it, and you will be happy you did so

IceTee
12-12-2007, 09:33 PM

Really?

I thought the condition was just:

you get one (1) invite for every 5 GB up and 5 GB down

fOrUmAs
12-12-2007, 10:46 PM

Really?

hmm i really dont no than i have thought u get them when u become PU like on Oink..

btw i have aslo uploaded over 10GB but havent get any invites yet,with all this mess site and tracker havent work im not suprise,but im not in hurry anyway:)

Hanz™
12-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Really?

hmm i really dont no than i have thought u get them when u become PU like on Oink..

btw i have aslo uploaded over 10GB but havent get any invites yet,with all this mess site and tracker havent work im not suprise,but im not in hurry anyway:)
That feature is switched off right now, and won't ever be coming back. A new invite system is going to start as soon as the new server in SWEDEN is set up tonight.

(there will be a short downtime because of that)

fOrUmAs
12-12-2007, 11:25 PM
and what will be new system for invite do u know?

edit: isnt waffle should be down right now its 12AM here

Yankoff
12-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Get a life, dude....

tibob
12-13-2007, 12:31 AM
they will fix it at some point, right now they are probably experiencing some difficulties, i mean they were pretty good, im sure they WONT just die.

IceTee
12-13-2007, 01:41 AM
check the Waffles front page.. :lol:
Guess i won't be long now.

Submission
12-13-2007, 02:06 AM
lol its down again.

JROQuinn
12-13-2007, 02:37 AM
Why?

:OOMG!!! I just read this! They have magazines?! Ill never have to buy them again! :dry:

dude in the beginning what.cd was worse than waffles is now. Theyre both new, as you must be ;)

MaaxHimself
12-13-2007, 02:39 AM
It's still better than whatcd :whistling

IceTee
12-13-2007, 02:40 AM

Why?

nashman
12-13-2007, 02:41 AM
is waffles ever going to open back up?

JROQuinn
12-13-2007, 02:41 AM

Why?

Because he said so and hes got more rep than you ;)

IceTee
12-13-2007, 02:44 AM
Why?

Because he said so and hes got more rep than you ;)

:lol:

You're right.
Silly of me :happy:

MaaxHimself
12-13-2007, 02:46 AM
Haha I don't know actually, they're pretty even.

Kyl3KK
12-13-2007, 02:53 AM
I like them both, but I use Waffles more since every time I use What something goes wrong. It's a shame Waffles is down though.....

fOrUmAs
12-13-2007, 02:54 AM
is waffles ever going to open back up?

yes they are moveing on new server they will be back soon;)

Heroo
12-13-2007, 03:05 AM
Waffles Back :)

IceTee
12-13-2007, 03:10 AM
I like them both, but I use Waffles more since every time I use What something goes wrong. It's a shame Waffles is down though.....

I think they are pretty much on the same level regarding downtime...
What hasn't been down for a long time now...

fOrUmAs
12-13-2007, 03:12 AM
Waffles Back :)

its not for me,still see the same pics there

predateur
12-13-2007, 03:18 AM
they are back with new server :
Waffles.fm is now located in Sweden

On this server:
2x Dual Core AMD Opteron 3.0GHz processors
8GB RAM
10,000rpm WD Raptors
This is just the beginning of our server collection.btw : can anyone tell me how the invites systme work there? i saw 1post on forum about that , its posted 3hours ago the guy is banned lol i want get banned too by asking them :)
( iam alredy PU, +25gb uploaded +5gb downloaded)

JROQuinn
12-13-2007, 03:23 AM
every 5g upped or dl'ed registered gets ya 1 invite

fOrUmAs
12-13-2007, 03:32 AM
every 5g upped or dl'ed registered gets ya 1 invite

Because we are on a new server, we will be opening invites at the time of this posting to allow up to 20,000 users. There will also be a new invite system implemented that will be explained soon.

it seems my old bookmark didint work so i delete all my cookies and enter again waffle url and im in now:D

JROQuinn
12-13-2007, 03:36 AM
Because we are on a new server, we will be opening invites at the time of this posting to allow up to 20,000 users. There will also be a new invite system implemented that will be explained soon.

it seems my old bookmark didint work so i delete all my cookies and enter again waffle url and im in now:D

cool thanks, that explains why i didnt get 1 of my invites ;)

IceTee
12-13-2007, 03:41 AM

Where did you read that, Forumas?

fOrUmAs
12-13-2007, 04:00 AM

from waffle my friend:lol:

they are back if u cant join or u see the flag still just do what i have done..if u have bookmarked waffle delete it and also delete cookies and put again waffle url and that it:happy:

IceTee
12-13-2007, 04:04 AM

they are back if u cant join or u see the flag still just do what i have done..if u have bookmarked waffle delete it and also delete cookies and put again waffle url and that it:happy:

:blushing: I read the entire thing the moment came back up but the Invite part :lol:

Necrite708
12-13-2007, 04:05 AM
the people over at what.cd are more welcoming but both are decent sites

IceTee
12-13-2007, 04:07 AM
And there you have it ladies and gents...

For the first time since both sites (What.cd & Waffles) were born, What.cd has take the lead with more torrents than Waffles.

True, Waffles has less users but still... interesting fact :lol:

fOrUmAs
12-13-2007, 04:08 AM

:blushing: I read the entire thing the moment came back up but the Invite part :lol:

its on main page look down and u will see it

IceTee
12-13-2007, 04:11 AM

its on main page look down and u will see it

I know. I read it now. Thx :happy: