PDA

View Full Version : Need advice about inviting ppl to BM & BMTV

fstokebanget
12-12-2007, 08:37 AM
How do minimize the risk inviting a leecher/cheater/a person previously banned to strict trackers like BM & BMTV. To be honest sometimes I think of helping ppl to get to those trackers because I have some spare invites but I really have a bad experience inviting ppl to those trackers that almost caused me to get banned. What proof do I need from ppl if I started a giveaway tread for that trackers ?
Anybody here that has invited ppl to those trackers has a bad experience of been warning or got banned ?

Demigod
12-12-2007, 08:44 AM
To be honest, there really is no definite way of knowing if someone is going to cheat or not.

It used to be that you can ask for a ratio-proof from OiNK as they are practically impossible to cheat at.

Scavenger
12-12-2007, 08:47 AM
I think its better to invite your friends, cuz u are sure if they are good users or not, some stranger u dont know him and its difficult to trust him.

sense
12-12-2007, 08:56 AM
I know how you feel, I invited two people to BitMeTV and now regret ever inviting them. The first had his account disabled for inactivity (0down, 0up). It could have been worse, since he basically did nothing with the account. The second person downloaded 1 file and hasn't really been using the site, maybe he was just a collector? Who knows. From now on I am just going to invite people that I have gotten to know a little bit.

My advice to you would be to invite people that you have known for a while instead of complete strangers no matter how deserving they may be. It's just really hard to figure out a persons true intent with a few pm's being sent back and forth.

Sanka113
12-12-2007, 08:57 AM
You can trust me. ;)

Pretty much you can:

1. Have them send you a screenshot of their ratio at a site that you know of.

2. Faux Trade, even if you don't really want to take their invite, you'll know that they probably had to earn that invite

3. Look at their post and/or rep here or any other filesharing forums such as ************** or zeropaid

4. Get to know them. You can probably measure if a person is worth of your invite after a good few conversations with em.

Hope this helps!

znik
12-12-2007, 09:33 AM
2. Trade, even if you don't really want to take their invite, you'll know that they probably had to earn that invite

:wank:
This is surely the best tactic to minimize your risks of inviting a leecher,cheater or a person previously banned :rolleyes:

weenden
12-12-2007, 09:37 AM
i gave out an invite the guy who was deserving at the time and was great for a while then like 8 months in then cheated got caught and now i dont have any invites just be sure i thought i was

t0mmy
12-12-2007, 09:40 AM
the guy probably cracked under the pressures of seeding in a bitmetv world :)

weenden
12-12-2007, 09:42 AM
hey its tough but if i can do it before i got a seedbox so could he or ask for help i would have helped out

sleepyy
12-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Just follow the site rules they say invite people you know and trust otherwise you stand a risk to all the things you talk about. you can search past history ask for ratio screenshots ask for his username and see if his respectable on other sites nothing can guarantee that the person will be a good member unless you know them in person you allways stand a risk to anybody you invite all you can do minimize that risk to a certain degree admins have other resources and methods for finding out about certain user's but that is their little secret i guess. just use common sense if you don't like the person either say so or don't invite them it's only how you judge the person that matters it varies from person to person

J-dye
12-12-2007, 09:49 AM
invite people you see on irc channels , the one thats active in some sites irc channels daily . you wont go wrong in that :)

dave12
12-12-2007, 09:52 AM
dont invite just any body that ask for invite look at his history and interact a little with see if he respect trackers rules or not

znik
12-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Some ways to minimize the risk are:
1) Invite NOBODY! The best and safest way to keep your own account alive, especially at bitmetv where they ban whole trees.
2) Invite only real life friends that you know well and can kick their ass if they do something wrong.
3) Invite people to the bitme tracker through the bitmetv invitation forum.(NOT vice versa!) If they do something wrong with their bitme invite, they will lose their bitmetv account as well if you report them.
4) If you want to invite people from here, invite only those that have been proved trustworthy with a previous invite you had sent them before, or invite only members who belong in the trusted fst group
5) Never giveaway invites to just anyone, especially your bitmetv invites. It's the best (and almost certain) way to lose your own account.

Something Else
12-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Don't invite anyone unless you've personally checked their pockets, and have found nothing suspicious.

Fibre
12-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Only invite people you have known for a long time. Make sure they're trustworthy :)

It isn't worth risking your account!

grimms
12-12-2007, 01:01 PM
It's tough just have to make sure the user is trustworthy ask for ratio proofs the bitme sites are tough, just read their rules and faq.

rovama
12-12-2007, 03:40 PM
2) Invite only real life friends that you know well and can kick their ass if they do something wrong.

1+ :lol:

Sylar666
12-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Do not invite anybody unless U are a mazochist.

whiteboy
12-12-2007, 04:03 PM
You can trust me. ;)

Pretty much you can:

1. Have them send you a screenshot of their ratio at a site that you know of.

Hope this helps!Actually NEVER trust a screen shot. Its very easy to shop those or just use someone elses.

You should have them send you profile links and if you want to really make sure PM that person at the site to be sure its them.

Grind$oFine
12-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Actually NEVER trust a screen shot. Its very easy to shop those or just use someone elses.

You should have them send you profile links and if you want to really make sure PM that person at the site to be sure its them.

Yes, and if you really want to be positive, make sure they use the same username on all the sites they send you. Usually that means they'd use it on every other site, and they'd be easy to look up anywhere.

CowboyDave
12-12-2007, 05:02 PM
I have different different nicks on almost every site I'm on, so should a site be hacked or busted no one has my user details for any other sites. Doesn't mean anything, just that I'm security conscious.

fstokebanget
12-12-2007, 05:58 PM
ok, thanks all for your advice, the conclution is.... better never invite ppl that not came from a real life to a really strict tracker like bitme & bitmetv :)

Awarasan
12-14-2007, 06:37 AM
Invite people you trust, people you like, and people you are SURE can keep a good ratio... it's generally NOT a good idea just to invite random people off FST. Try to stick to IRC or real life friends, and you'll do fine. However, if you invite a cheater, you get no second chances. Invites get turned off for good.

cocalait
12-14-2007, 07:37 AM
maybe donors at some other site you are in. A donor has put money in a tracker, so probably he's not ever thinking of cheating, but who knows nowadays everything is possible.