PDA

View Full Version : waffles question/complaint

stereonumeral
12-13-2007, 01:37 AM
here's my question first:

does anybody who comes here as a brand new member begging for a waffles invite get one? i would almost call that unfair.

here's my complaint:

i've given away something like ten invites to different trackers here so far, and i end up with only +2 bt rep. bunch of generous bastards here huh? and on top of that, i can see that only about three of those invited have even used their accounts. frigging waste.

here's my general statement:

if anyone is genuinely generous and is just itching to get rid of a bitmetv or waffles invite, i'm not desperate (you'll note in my profile i have other sources), but i'm also not opposed to getting involved at either of these seemingly respectable trackers.

ser3oof
12-13-2007, 01:40 AM
+2 bt rep.
u didn't give me any thing any way don't worry i ll add rep to u

fOrUmAs
12-13-2007, 01:40 AM
i dont have any invites for waffle atm,but if i have i would send u one ;)

also whatcd is probably better than waffle but on whatcd they have close invites..

edit: since almost no one havent give u rep i will do it :D

stereonumeral
12-13-2007, 01:48 AM
thanks for the rep guys :D

and i think i agree with you about what.cd; i'm more than satisfied there. but to me there's really no way of knowing which will end up best in the end unless i'm a member of both.

hangemhigh
12-13-2007, 02:21 AM
easiest reps I ever saw given:slap:

stereonumeral
12-13-2007, 02:33 AM
whatever, yo, at least they're nice people :P always appreciate those types.

MaaxHimself
12-13-2007, 02:37 AM
BT Reps do serve a purpose you know, its so that users know who can be trusted. It's pointless and potentially harmful to just give out BT rep points.

deathking81
12-13-2007, 02:38 AM
Man you live in boston? I live in newton! We're like brothers lol!

awoeonip
12-13-2007, 02:45 AM
BT Reps do serve a purpose you know, its so that users know who can be trusted. It's pointless and potentially harmful to just give out BT rep points.I think BT rep use to serve that function, but not so much anymore. I always see people who claim to be anti-traders with high BT rep. My assumption is that BT rep has come to represent how much a person has given away, rather than how reputable his record is. After all, you can give someone "negative rep" if he doesn't follow through on a giveaway.

That being said, I agree with the OP. I find that if I don't explicitly ask to get rep when I do giveaway, I almost never receive a rep. I'm not complaining, but it is sad when people beg for invites and aren't even grateful enough to leave a thanks.

MaaxHimself
12-13-2007, 02:50 AM
To answer your question, no, not all n00bs who beg for a waffles invite get one.

stereonumeral
12-13-2007, 02:52 AM
@deathking: i'm actually in somerville, just outside boston, but unless you're from the area nobody would know the difference. i actually have a good friend here who's from newton originally, and i'm probably in that area once a month or so.

@awoeonip: seeing as i haven't really been around for that long, i see bt rep more the way you explained it. like you said, there are plenty of people with high rep that really aren't reputable at all - it's really easy to check their past posts and see that. i mean, sometimes they can get high rep simply because they trade accounts like crazy, and that isn't really trustworthy to start with.

whatever people's opinions are, it was just a minor complaint, but i'm glad i got a few people thinking.

grimms
12-13-2007, 05:18 AM
Man you live in boston? I live in newton! We're like brothers lol!

I also live in boston. Mattapan for the folks that are from the bean, lol. My whole family meaning my aunties and grandmother were raised in newton wellesley though.

KOneWOne
12-13-2007, 05:27 AM
i've given away something like ten invites to different trackers here so far, and i end up with only +2 bt rep. bunch of generous bastards here huh? and on top of that, i can see that only about three of those invited have even used their accounts. frigging waste.

I am with you man. I decided to give up a lot of my trackers when I found out my wife was pregnant. I probably gave away at least 30 invites and accounts and only received 5 BT reps...and as you said a lot of those I invite have never used their accounts. I can only guess that those people are account traders that are holding on to them until they can trade them to some one else.

I found a lot of people were down right rude, almost demanding an invite and I would say more than half never even said thank you, and only 5 even repped me.

I think people take FST for granted. They think they can always come on here and get easy invites. However if people feel their invites are not appreciated then they will go somewhere else and the FST BitTorrent Invites forum will dry up.

K1

RoSsoNeRI
12-13-2007, 05:32 AM
I myself is also about 10 rep points short but meh w.e......I aint complaining. It's upto them, you can't really force anyone to give u rep. Some r just nice n give reps n some just don't.