PDA

View Full Version : Lupe Fiascos "The Cool"

Smith
12-13-2007, 04:11 AM
The album of the year is out on the net, go get it if your a fan of hip hop. Ive only listened to the first two songs, and I can say with confidence that he is the best rapper alive.

grimms
12-15-2007, 11:14 AM
It wasn't that good man. Too mainstream. Food & Liquor was much better, but i wasn't a fan of them album either. Best rapper alive? This is why hip-hop is where it's at. I hope to one day revive hip-hop cause i'm a producer and musician myself.

Smith
12-18-2007, 04:31 AM
Are you serious, how is this album too mainstream? This album reminds me more of fort minor than Food and Liquor. Best rapper alive? Yeah, its quite possible. Hes one of the only people out there doing something different, hes always done it differently. You find me a Lupe song promoting violence or drug abuse. Lupe is not killing hip hop, hes keeping it alive it anything. Everyones walking around with the same old thing, and someone comes along with something different and original and the dude gets hated on for it. Thats why hip hop is where its at.

grimms
12-19-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm not hating on Lupe. I'm a Hip-Hop producer and fan of hip-hop myself. Just not really into his style of hip-hop. He's a beast on a wordplay though. Also i'll give him credit for stepping up his breath control, but the production was a little far out there.

Also i been listening to hip-hop since 1986, SLick Rick, Krs-One, LL, Run DMC era, and been producing it since 1995, Nas, Jay-Z, Biggie, Tupac era. As far as hip-hop now? Yea it's generic, horrible to say the least but theres still talent out there. Lupe is a breath of fresh air to some. Just not to me. But i do respect his wordplay. I'll give him that.

Smith
12-23-2007, 09:43 PM
His best work is in his mixtapes, but I get what your saying.

S!X
12-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Well after a good listen, I can say his style is definitely different which is good. I'm not into the album much though, I preferred his stuff with mike shinoda on the the fort. minor album.

mrbombastic
12-26-2007, 02:57 AM
album was alright, the guy does have lyrical ability.

Also I will have to agree with grimms hip-hop is losing its touch, many of the artists are in it for the money and will do about just anything. ALSO im shaking my head at the fact that little brother's new album (get it if you haven't already), track 3 features Lil Wayne..

Smith
12-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Waynes a whore, hes on everyones album.

grimms
01-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Damn Lil Waynes on Little Brothers album. Wonder if they fell off since 9th Wonder left them. Gotta check it out when i get a chance.

Dagoblin
01-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Also i'll give him credit for stepping up his breath control...

:D So true!

tralalala
01-02-2008, 09:08 PM
The album of the year is out on the net, go get it if your a fan of hip hop. Ive only listened to the first two songs, and I can say with confidence that he is the best rapper alive.

I still think Common's Finding Forever was the vest album that dropped in '07.. Amazingly cool, slick, swifty.. Awesome album, I listened to it over 20 times and still couldn't get enough of it.

Smith
01-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Finding forever was a sick album.

grimms
01-02-2008, 09:53 PM

I still think Common's Finding Forever was the vest album that dropped in '07.. Amazingly cool, slick, swifty.. Awesome album, I listened to it over 20 times and still couldn't get enough of it.

Close. I think Freeways album from roc-a-fella was the best album of 2007. Common's Finding Forever album was great though, right up there with BE from 2005.

mrbombastic
01-04-2008, 03:19 PM

Yeh but on little brothers?????? Someone that I rank so highly, thats just disgusting to feature wayne, ruined the entire album.
I was shaking my head for hours.

Commons album was good, and what did u think of 8 diagrams?

grimms
01-04-2008, 03:55 PM

Yeh but on little brothers?????? Someone that I rank so highly, thats just disgusting to feature wayne, ruined the entire album.
I was shaking my head for hours.

Commons album was good, and what did u think of 8 diagrams?

Garbage. Take it from a hip-hop producers perspective. Only like Rushing Elepants, My Heart Gently Weeps, and Weak Spot.

mrbombastic
01-05-2008, 01:44 AM
The next Wu album they ain't gonna have Rza producing apparently, should be interesting to see how that turns out.

grimms
01-05-2008, 05:05 AM
The next Wu album they ain't gonna have Rza producing apparently, should be interesting to see how that turns out.

The shaolin temple joint? Hmm.. Maybe if they get 4th Disciple, Tru mathmatics, Bronze Nareth, and Rebel Ins to produce it. It may have a chance. Raekwon was funny though he said RZA is a Hip-Hop Hippie (Right now):lol:. That shit had me dying:lol:

mrbombastic
01-05-2008, 03:40 PM
LOL i saw that too.

Dude did u see gza take some shots at mainstream artists such as 50 cent and souljah boy well the audience helps him lol.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5BdLPHvDXYc

grimms
01-06-2008, 12:34 AM
LOL i saw that too.

Dude did u see gza take some shots at mainstream artists such as 50 cent and souljah boy well the audience helps him lol.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5BdLPHvDXYc

Yea... I just think the Wu are frustrated right now. They got alot going on in their own crew right now. It is tough though to see what is happening to mainstream hip-hop. I don't like soulja boy but don't think he deserved that from the gza though. 50? I mean 50 is going to be 50? He just made 124 mil last year (Someones gotta hate).:D Big difference though from his "Power Of The Dollar" days though.

Sanka113
01-17-2008, 07:07 AM
He's definitly one best mainstream rappers ATM. I'm even thinking of going to see him live here soon.

mbfraser
01-17-2008, 09:43 AM
Good album, but best rapper alive? I don't even think it's the album of the year. As far as rappers are concerned, I think the CunninLynguists have him beat.

grimms
01-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Good album, but best rapper alive? I don't even think it's the album of the year. As far as rappers are concerned, I think the CunninLynguists have him beat.

Joel Ortiz is mixtape is better then Lupe to me. He's a weirdo type rapper to me. I liked Food & Liquor better.

mrbombastic
01-20-2008, 08:00 AM

Word. CunningLynguists are the truth.

grimms
01-24-2008, 05:50 AM

Word. CunningLynguists are the truth.

Never gave them much burn through my ears. I'll go check for them though.

dedro
01-25-2008, 06:00 PM
lyrics are tight

grimms
01-26-2008, 09:46 AM

Will Rap For Food and Dirty Acres are ill albums.