PDA

View Full Version : Vista SP1 RC creates almost-legit-vista woes?

Shiranai_Baka
12-13-2007, 05:14 AM
So I hear they're fixing the feature that lets semi-legit users use OEM versions of vista.

S!X
12-13-2007, 08:34 AM
I just installed this and lost activation. Had to find another bios hack re-activate it :(

clocker
12-13-2007, 09:52 PM
So I hear they're fixing the feature that lets semi-legit users use OEM versions of vista.
What's "semi-legit" about using an OEM disk on another PC?

I just installed SP1 RC1(v.668) on a "semi-legit" Dell OEM install and it's fine.
My understanding is the validation components (supposedly both the reghack date changers and the OEM "no-activation" killers) aren't even present in this beta release.
At any rate, besides being painfully slow to install (in my case about two hours, including the three "pre-install" required fixes), nothing seems to have broken nor was revalidating necessary.

fisherman
12-13-2007, 10:07 PM
If this was installed on Vista activated on bios hacking , surely after installation of this, u could use the same Vista activation we used before to validate our Vista ?

S!X
12-14-2007, 08:07 AM
If this was installed on Vista activated on bios hacking , surely after installation of this, u could use the same Vista activation we used before to validate our Vista ?

Yeah, vista loader seems to be the only working activation for SP1. the PARADOX OEM bypass is rendered useless :frusty:

fisherman
12-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Hmm, I'm not familiar with the Vista loader.

I was using an activation made by a guy on Demonoid, I think it was the paradox method tweaked.. It was an all in one as in you could choose to activate XP or Vista and it worked flawlessly every time.