PDA

View Full Version : Tl.. .

sidewild
12-14-2007, 03:57 AM
I noticed another person got nailed for TL. Now I understand that certain sites don't want you to trade here, or whatever the reason is (a rule is a rule, though I wouldn't mind knowing why). But it also says in the rules that FTN is not to be traded but that is going on almost everyday without ppl getting warned.

Just curious, that's all.. .

angryghost
12-14-2007, 04:05 AM
tl just has a very good active staff i guess... most if not all trackers are against trading accounts, tl staff is just very active in picking out traders and quickly eliminating the problem and to think they have such a large userbase and still work with such efficiency is pretty impressive

X
12-14-2007, 04:08 AM
FTN used to have a good person running around here -Kimi- ... caught a lot of people

hangemhigh
12-14-2007, 04:11 AM
I noticed another person got nailed for TL. Now I understand that certain sites don't want you to trade here, or whatever the reason is (a rule is a rule, though I wouldn't mind knowing why). But it also says in the rules that FTN is not to be traded but that is going on almost everyday without ppl getting warned.

Just curious, that's all.. .
mob mentality:naughty:

grimms
12-14-2007, 05:07 AM
Trading is stupid. Means your untrust worthy in my eyes, and greedy at that. I do not know why people who have great trackers rather trade them and risk bans, rather then just becoming a great member at those trackers and being proud to be apart of trackers everyone drools over. I don't get it.

prescript
12-14-2007, 05:22 AM
*waves to tl staff*

hi guys :)

Detale
12-14-2007, 08:02 AM
You cannot trade FTN/TL accts you can however trade invites. That is the rule

Also I am moving this to the regular BT section as there is no inviting going on here

sidewild
12-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Sorry about that Detale. Well I got warned for asking for an invite at TL. Not to trade accounts.

I wasn't refering to account trading grimms, at all. I am not into that. I just want in via an invite.

radiofool
12-14-2007, 10:08 AM
TL disabled the invite system and there is no telling if it ever gets up again, so tough luck i guess

masterbat
12-14-2007, 10:52 AM

so what happens when somebody starts an account trading thread and do the trade in pm's ?

apunpktun
12-14-2007, 11:14 AM

so what happens when somebody starts an account trading thread and do the trade in pm's ?

The mods cud try to PM u and get the username out from u... to confirm or after trade and then ban u!!

sidewild
12-14-2007, 03:48 PM
So there is no chance to get into TL? Then anything else? I am looking to upgrade from torrentbits, but I find it lacking a bit esp in TV section

birney29
12-14-2007, 03:53 PM
tl owns lol hard too get into now though only way is if u have a good freind who is willing too give u there account

DannyGnXz
12-14-2007, 04:00 PM
FTN used to have a good person running around here -Kimi- ... caught a lot of people

There are others...

My point is you never know who is really watching.

sidewild
12-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Well I don't need an account, I rather begin on my own. Will it ever open again or shall I look on?

Tokeman
12-14-2007, 04:11 PM
IMO invites will be back soon. They have been doing major pruning of inactive users. I'm sure when this is all done, invites will come back in some form or another.

DannyGnXz
12-14-2007, 04:17 PM
IMO invites will be back soon. They have been doing major pruning of inactive users. I'm sure when this is all done, invites will come back in some form or another.

Will they ever allow invites again... My guess is yes. When, I do not know.

Life as we know it changed when OINK was taken down. Sites felt threatened by their minimal or lack of security. This is when most of the sites decided to clamp down hard on who gets in.

campodetenis
12-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Thats exactly what I was going to say. TL closed doors right after OiNK was taken down, and a lot of comments where made here about how TL was the best tracker and with their massive user db they where going to be next. Reading between the lines, my guess is TL closed for security reasons, more than to prune db, thats why they are currently working so hard in eliminating traders, invites and unused accounts.

If you ask me, TL will be closed for a long time, and you will see it come up in the ranking as time goes by, wich, judging by it's contnent, it's only fair.

barakokula
12-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Thats exactly what I was going to say. TL closed doors right after OiNK was taken down, and a lot of comments where made here about how TL was the best tracker and with their massive user db they where going to be next. Reading between the lines, my guess is TL closed for security reasons, more than to prune db, thats why they are currently working so hard in eliminating traders, invites and unused accounts. I don't think this closing up has anything to do with security. Anyone who wants to get in some tracker,can get in. All you need is a month or two,a seedbox to build a trust through ratio and a couple of rs accounts to trade with. :) And you can get in almost anywhere.

I think sites closed up invites bcs they don't want to become too mainstream. Every site will be ok if they don't become widely popular so that everyone talks about it. Like poeple did about Oink. Or if they don't do dumb shit like pre-release sth big as Star Wars. :D

TL was becoming too mainstream,imho,it's good they closed invites. You have to stay under the radar.

campodetenis
12-15-2007, 01:04 AM
All you need is a month or two,a seedbox to build a trust through ratio and a couple of rs accounts to trade with.

And that's exactly why they are so fierce to hunt down traders. On the other hand, any mainstream advance rls will end up in 0day trackers at most a day before preed, so no warrants there.

Also, tl used to hand out 4 invites a week to pu's. So, why the suddent change in policy?

TL was becoming too mainstream,imho,it's good they closed invites. You have to stay under the radar.

If you ask me, that's a security reason.

bikernin
12-15-2007, 01:08 AM
TL staff have become very strict recently and with good reason. they took away my invites on PussyTorrents (sister site) for just making a giveaway. overall i think its a good move and will definitey reduce the no of cheaters there

sidewild
12-15-2007, 05:07 AM
Great info, and speculation guys, but I was just looking to get in via invite. What would be another all in site better than torrentbits, which is what I use now.

Emma1979
12-17-2007, 05:08 AM
ILT is a good tracker like TL, and i think it is open for invites too:)

wheeloftime
12-17-2007, 01:44 PM
TL has had open sign-ups every so often. I am sure that the MPIA and RIAA created enough accounts during those to keep them going - I don't think they would need to trade to get any more.