PDA

View Full Version : Any Deluge users here?

tweakz
12-14-2007, 06:17 AM
If u don't know it, then u don't use it.
I want to know how good it works 4 u!;)

DefX
12-14-2007, 07:09 AM
I used it for a while when I started using Ubuntu but went back to utorrent+wine.

I remember it having less features and functionalities than Utorrent which was the main reason why I switched back plus a few minor bugs. But thats to be expected as this prog is still on its early days of development. As far as simplicity and ease of use goes, this is right up there with utorrent.

tweakz
12-14-2007, 07:15 AM
I love it 4 it's speed!
I max out any torrent, it's like magic, but i can't seem to config the ports properly.
It says tcp active port from & to, i don't know if i put a port number for from & to, or do they have to be the same? Help me please, in TT they say I'm not connectable, but then i click on retest & it's fine, it starts to upload, but my ratio don't change...wtf is going on? I uploaded like 4mb and no ratio change...lol HELP!

Stellar
12-14-2007, 07:22 AM
Deluge wouldn't seed any of my torrents (http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=533) when I tried to use it last month. It was also kinda slow and buggy at times.
I think Deluge is a nice client, but it still has a ways to go and it shows.

tweakz
12-14-2007, 07:24 AM
Thats what i think also...but u gota love the fn speeds it has!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DefX
12-14-2007, 07:24 AM
As far as the tcp and udp port goes, I put the same number in my port forward settings.

As far as your upload stats not updating in TT, you might have to ask them about that. Maybe deluge is a client they don't allow. I wouldn't know as I'm not a member of that tracker. When I used deluge, I never had that kind of problem you described with any tracker.

tweakz
12-14-2007, 07:39 AM
So for example it says "TO & FROM" I put 60000 & 60000 is that right, coz i saw someone put 60000 & 60001 in a forum for deluge.
Btw it says that I'm connectable in TT but still no ratio change!
Man i want this to work soooooooo badly coz it uncaps my isp throttle, i can upload so easy!

I don't understand why they post this if it don't even work on there site!!!!

May I use any bittorrent client?

Yes. The tracker now updates the stats correctly for all bittorrent clients. However, we still recommend that you avoid the following clients:

BitTorrent++,
Nova Torrent,
TorrentStorm.

-fantom-
01-28-2008, 09:58 PM
Hello,
I think, I may have the same problem. I'm connectable but no ratio change. Any solutions?

yozshura
01-28-2008, 10:06 PM
Deluge has bright future but it needs time to mature. I think it will beat the shit out of the resource hog Azureus.

deuce6000
05-06-2008, 12:33 AM
Looks like it will be a good client i tried it out but for now it doesn't have enough Features for me and it crashes which always sucks.Hope it gets better as time goes on.

Xhester
05-06-2008, 02:27 AM
The best client for Linux in my opinion :)

DKre8ive1
05-06-2008, 03:26 AM
If the deluge client is updating tracker correctly for you on other trackers then the problem is probably with TT and not the client. My suggestion is for you to go to TT IRC and see if you could some help there or post in there forums and see if someone can help you there just in case you don't get a good answer here.

newswalker
05-06-2008, 08:54 AM
Deluge needs some more months. RSS is already better than utorrent. Speed is better than utorrent and Az.

All it needs are some more features like labels and seeding the same files to different trackers and more stability.

If they continue to develop in the current speed they will be absolute Nr. 1 in 2010.