PDA

View Full Version : Christmas being an agenda for getting invites?

mrnobody
12-14-2007, 09:20 PM
why has Christmas become an agenda of getting free invite?

Does it really matter if someone has "i wish free invite" or "my Christmas wish is free FTN invite". Which one do you perfer? Do you get different reaction for those two different statement?

How serious do you think when people say a internet site as their Christmas dream?

Does adding "my christmas wish list" increase changes of getting an invite [especially to high lvl site].

P.S. nothing against those wish list but just got me curious.

fstrulz
12-14-2007, 09:30 PM
I agree with you...

Christmas shouldn't be about gifts...

We all should stick with the true meaning of Christmas...

...which is the birth of Santa. :santa:

DannyGnXz
12-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Its better to give than to receive...

Lately, there have been a few types of agendas going around...
Such as:
- Its my birthday
- My grandmother just passed away
- I'm a girl (now)
- All I want for Christmas is...

Hey SPARK whats up?

tweakz
12-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Lately, there have been a few types of agendas going around...
Such as:
- Its my birthday
- My grandmother just passed away
- I'm a girl (now)
- All I want for Christmas is...

Those peepz make me SICK!!!:sick:

fisherman
12-14-2007, 09:38 PM
it depends on the person really but if someone asked me for an invite as it's their xmas wish or some other bullshit, it would actually DECREASE their chance of getting an invite from me as I find it kinda irratating :huh:

arbaal
12-14-2007, 10:00 PM
As an old saying goes: All's fair in love and obtaining high lvl tracker ;P

xJohnxSmithx
12-14-2007, 10:02 PM
I agree with you...

Well you can't argue with that kinda logic ;)

bikernin
12-14-2007, 10:10 PM
people just feel they will get sympathy if they use a special occasion. usually people are nicer during xmas and our fellow invite hunters just wanna make sure they cash in on it.
e.g- ask your gf's father if you can take her out on an ordinary day and then ask on xmas. you'll know the diff :D even if he says no in both cases, he'll atleast be nicer in the latter

fOrUmAs
12-14-2007, 10:48 PM
well even if they request some invite that also dosent mean that they will get one even if its Christmas or anyother holiday..

SgtMajor
12-14-2007, 11:38 PM
Cheer up & happy holidays :)

Does it all really matter, just take each request on its merits no matter when its made, more importantly quality of the poster & the request matter more than a little bit of flowery language :)

kyrcer
12-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Maybe because of spirit of christmas. What's wrong with it ? If sb realy deserve for invite and whatever he got it.

Demigod
12-15-2007, 02:12 AM
I completely agree with this thread. It really is sad to see people trying to take advantage of the holiday spirit.

If anything, the holidays should be for giving and spending time with one's family, not for invite begging.

fisherman
12-15-2007, 02:30 AM
I completely agree with this thread. It really is sad to see people trying to take advantage of the holiday spirit.

If anything, the holidays should be for giving and spending time with one's family, not for invite begging.

Exactly...

I actaully hate xmas lol..I have to pay for prezzies for my kids, wife, family ect....and then I come home with an empty wallet and some guy says to me, "can u give me a F** invite, it would make my xmas*.......I reach for the throat and *choke, choke* lol

Cheffy
12-15-2007, 02:31 AM
I think its just becomse to cheesy for me to swallow.
Would never give a FTN invite to someone with a topic that.
Even the "i need a free" is getting old.
For me just a simple "im looking for (insert tracker)" Would do it.
And inside the post you acctually write something worth reading.
Not just: I needz FTN, its imba lvl 9 tracker kk thx bai!11!!1

fisherman
12-15-2007, 02:49 AM
christmas is the worst holiday ever... i cant wait for january.

Ah there u are mate :) At least we have somethin in common lol

Vitality
12-15-2007, 03:27 AM
he he he

Exactly...

I actaully hate xmas lol..I have to pay for prezzies for my kids, wife, family ect....and then I come home with an empty wallet and some guy says to me, "can u give me a F** invite, it would make my xmas*.......I reach for the throat and *choke, choke* lol

hangemhigh
12-15-2007, 04:40 AM
http://sternplanet.com/files/frostysleigh.gif

fisherman
12-15-2007, 04:52 AM
Thats very nice lol, have ol' Frosty sleighing over the horror channel lol.. very christmassy :D

grimms
12-15-2007, 05:00 AM
Honestly it depends. If i feel like the member is legit and is a good part of this community, then his/ or her chances is better, then the one who just wants to use christmas as an accuse to get an invite. I'll take them on their merit vs matter.

FIAcausePAE
12-15-2007, 05:44 AM
it just gives hope lol. not that it helps but for some it may :)

grimms
12-15-2007, 05:46 AM
Yea i guess the hope thing is valid. It is the holiday to be jolly or something...

Defy
12-15-2007, 06:22 AM
Christmas is the season for giving... but me thinks that sometimes people see that as their opportunity to get free stuff (invites in this case).

Oh well... Happy Holidays everyone.

Enlightened
12-15-2007, 06:33 AM
It's A "any excuse" to get invites , by appealing to your generosity at this time of the year

nkhlsrf
12-15-2007, 07:22 AM
i feel ppl are disrespecting christmas by sayin all this...obviously more than half of them dont mean it..
even then christmas is a lovely time and a giveaway durin christmas is more likely than any other season/festival...its a time to enjoy and ppl are in a good mood..so y not do a few giveaways lolz..but there no need to say "my christmas wish is..." n stuff lik that..

Zeus
12-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Come on, get in the spirit...

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There's just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want it for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is...
...a Level 10 invite!!!

Patriot foreve
12-15-2007, 04:53 PM
It's The Holidays spirit whether it's Christmas,Thanksgiving,Eid or any Holidays around the world as people tend to be in very good mood and cheerful besides people tend to be more generous in these holidays

wrongun92
12-15-2007, 05:35 PM
I agree with you...

And Mr. Santa gives gifts:D

Presto
12-15-2007, 05:49 PM
It's teh christmas, can anyone give me an axx to 1000mbit server. thkx :$

Aaah... I love christmas, which is why I don't even mind people begging and making up excuses on these forums. I just loooveee too much Christmas - the atmosphere. Church, choir singing, hot glögg, wool socks, ginger bread, colorful lights, snow.. hmm damnnn I'm so excited.. Living in the north makes it extra special.. I hope I will never get too old for christmas.

/me is looking around himself and notices faces starring at him, like some nutjob

Charles Lindbergh
12-15-2007, 05:51 PM
I hope that you realise difference :

http://www.clipartguide.com/_small/0041-0503-1616-4056.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/60/Christ_Hagia_Sofia.jpg/300px-Christ_Hagia_Sofia.jpg

twist off
12-15-2007, 06:34 PM
:blink::blink:

puckface
12-15-2007, 06:39 PM
because christmas is all about people being greedy bastards. period.

Saroman
12-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Whatever it is..

whats the harm in requesting..?

Be it on Sunday or Christmas or Armageddon..

If you can fulfill the request, its good else doesnt matter to you rite..?

puckface
12-15-2007, 07:07 PM
I hope that you realise difference :

http://www.clipartguide.com/_small/0041-0503-1616-4056.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/60/Christ_Hagia_Sofia.jpg/300px-Christ_Hagia_Sofia.jpg

whos that dumb looking guy on the right?

mrnobody
12-15-2007, 10:41 PM
interesting opinions :)

I agree that FSTers tend to get "generous" on holidays (lots of giveaway)...especially on Christmas (as it is filled with Christians). But, an inviter of high lvl site is gonna look more than what is on your Christmas wishlist. At last, it still comes down to "do you really deserve an invite?"

So the question is, if it does not help, why put "my christmas wishlist is XYZ tracker " instead of "i want/need XYZ tracker". Meanwhile i do think such wishlist create some negativity.

A. Anti-Christ is not likely gonna invite you :wacko:

B. As someone said (or was it me saying?) it's childish to put a tracker invite as Christmas wish list.

P.S. interesting opinions => :)

pone44
12-16-2007, 01:53 AM
I agree, not asking for Christmas, but maybe giving, here n their to trustworthy members? A thought.

fstrulz
12-16-2007, 02:33 AM
Jesus in his 80's = Santa

duh! :santa:

tiolewis
12-16-2007, 02:41 AM
It is the best moment to request invites, some trackers give specials gifts on christmas

-Free leech
-Double upload
-Invites

klingon
12-16-2007, 05:32 AM
let the spirit of christmas begin and share share share =D