PDA

View Full Version : Problem: half open tcp and port forwarding?

spacemen22
12-15-2007, 07:06 AM
This started happening one day and I don't know why. Everytime I open Bitcomet it says "Bitcomet detect that your current setting of half open tcp connection limitation is too small."

It gives me the option to fix it, but I can't or maybe just don't know how. I disabled my firewall to no avail, and I downloaded the program pfconfig, but they didn't have my router on their list. What can I do?

It sucks because I can barely upload anymore. PLEASE, if anyone can help me out with this..give me a tip on how to fix it, I would be forever grateful to you.

DKre8ive1
12-15-2007, 07:36 AM
I am not sure on this but to me it sounds like your tcp connections is limited and what you need to apply is the TCP/IP patch to allow more TCP connections and the outcome being that more then 10 connections are able to be done at once. :unsure:

Link-> http://www.lvllord.de/

I am unsure of this since I have only used utorrent in the past but it wont hurt to try it. ;)

spacemen22
12-15-2007, 07:47 AM
I downloaded it, after it was done a window popped up saying that "file that are required for windows to run properly has been replaced..to maintain system stability windows must restore the original versions of these files. Should I be really worried about that?

jr56
12-15-2007, 07:53 AM
a window popped up saying that "file that are required for windows to run properly has been replaced..to maintain system stability windows must restore the original versions of these files. Should I be really worried about that?

This is perfectly normal, the patch edits a value in the tcpip.sys system file which explains why you are getting that popup.

Just tell if not to replace the file and your system will be patched :yup:

spacemen22
12-15-2007, 08:01 AM
Cool! Thanks you guys. Really appreciate it!!!

tweakz
12-15-2007, 08:02 AM
:angry:WTF....when i try to open the english version nothing opens....WTF!!!!:angry:
What can it be?:frusty:

hangemhigh
12-15-2007, 08:54 AM
the answer to your problem:
use utorrent...
problem solved.

tweakz
12-15-2007, 08:57 AM
the answer to your problem:
use utorrent...
problem solved.

I'm talking about that tcp ip path man...it sucks on my end, the fn english version won't open, but the fn german one works fine!:frusty: