PDA

View Full Version : Tool to keep Torrent accounts Alive

kadake
12-15-2007, 12:58 PM
I have now found that some if not most trackers recognise activity on your account as logging in and surfing the site, just seeding alone is not always seen as the account is active.

Is there a tool out there which can login to torrent accounts automatically on a timed schedule so its show the account as active so you dont get pruned for not visiting them regular.

Now you might say just log in once every 2 weeks but when you have many accounts and may not use some as much as you like but still dont want to loose them in case you want them in future.

I currently use roboform which does help with this problem but still requires so manual labour.

Now im not a coder but surely this must be quite a simple tool to create if not already created.

pls leave any comments if you know of such a tool. :D

Cheffy
12-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Firefox, put all your trackers into bookmarks make a folder called torrents and just right click it and open all in taps. Walla you have just opened all your trackers. Do this everytime you start firefox.

kadake
12-15-2007, 01:31 PM
would be nice if go on holiday etc , then come back and i haven't lost any accounts

i know you can park some accounts but parking and unparking as pain the ass.

Polarbear
12-15-2007, 01:36 PM
would be nice if go on holiday etc , then come back and i haven't lost any accounts

are you so stressed out after a 4 weeks holiday that unparking an account is a pain in the ass?

what are you doing? triathlon holidays in hawaii?

aysomc
12-15-2007, 01:39 PM

are you so stressed out after a 4 weeks holiday that unparking an account is a pain in the ass?

what are you doing? triathlon holidays in hawaii?

lol

spark
12-15-2007, 01:56 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-how-not-lose-accounts-inactivity-252656

RainRoofer
12-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Opera, bookmarks, open all folder items. Same thing for FF.

bikernin
12-15-2007, 04:19 PM
triathlon holidays! :lol: :lol:

DannyGnXz
12-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Firefox, put all your trackers into bookmarks make a folder called torrents and just right click it and open all in taps. Walla you have just opened all your trackers. Do this everytime you start firefox.

+1 Thats what I do too.

wrongun92
12-15-2007, 10:49 PM

yes, very good idea. But if you clear your cache, then you would have to enter all the data again. So using this idea in conjunction with roboform is very neat:D

max59x
12-15-2007, 11:04 PM

Best answer untill now. I do exactly the same. ;)

fstokebanget
12-16-2007, 03:19 AM
For Safari users, you can add Saft, then save all the web tracker while open into a session, and from time to time just load the session.

But the problem comes to certain sites that won't store its cookies too long, like U-G, TL, ScT, E****, etc, that would require to enter the login manually

Rumblin
12-16-2007, 03:27 AM
another way is to avoid trading or associating with traders....

BLaZiN
12-16-2007, 03:30 AM
If ur goin on holiday or wueva then try the option of parking the account(s) which most trackers have, i even park ones instead of actually signing in everyday - works for me :D

puckface
12-16-2007, 04:57 AM

what? are you really that obtuse?

Rumblin
12-16-2007, 05:02 AM

actually yea I am, if you have lost what I have lost over lame traders claiming to never trading then you would feel the same way....thats why you dont associate with traders becuz you are what you are and I am what I am and I know I cant change your views but just give the noobs a different perspective of the bittorrent |"anti" trading sorts

troyk1
12-16-2007, 05:08 AM

how does this relate to keeping accounts at infrequently used trackers active?

puckface
12-16-2007, 05:08 AM
just look at the title of the thread and shut the hell up about traders.

actually yea I am, if you have lost what I have lost over lame traders claiming to never trading then you would feel the same way....thats why you dont associate with traders becuz you are what you are and I am what I am and I know I cant change your views but just give the noobs a different perspective of the bittorrent |"anti" trading sorts

Rumblin
12-16-2007, 05:09 AM
just look at the title of the thread and shut the hell up about traders.

I rather not, sorry....

hudho
12-16-2007, 08:14 AM
i wish there was a tool like yall talking about becouse i bet i have 40 accounts .