PDA

View Full Version : Gettin' Movies before they are out in the Cinema ?

$SnoopDo2G$
12-15-2007, 05:54 PM
I was just wonderin' if any of your guys, knew if there is a way to get a movie before it's release in the cinema ?
I heard Asian people are good at it ?!
But i ain't quite sure about all this...
Post here your thoughts and talk about it... :)
And i added a poll just to see what you think about it...

Sonnentier
12-15-2007, 08:15 PM
You mean where the release comes from?

$SnoopDo2G$
12-16-2007, 05:40 AM
You mean where the release comes from?

I mean from the original source ... :rolleyes:

Broken
12-16-2007, 06:34 AM
Sometime a work-print may hit the Internet before the movie makes it to the theater. But nothing regular. When one does get leaked shit usually hits the fan, and someone is going to jail. That shit it fairly easy to trace back to the source.

I'd prefer just to wait for the movie to run it's time in the theater and grab it right before it hits DVD. That is unless a good TC comes out before hand.

100%
12-16-2007, 06:51 AM
make your own movie? :unsure:

$SnoopDo2G$
12-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Sometime a work-print may hit the Internet before the movie makes it to the theater.

Ok, thank you for confirming my thoughts, some people may think it's impossible, but you are now confirming this stuff is really possible, just have to get a good source i guess...

Broken
12-16-2007, 11:10 PM
It's rare, that it happens. But it can and does happen. When it does happen it seems like someone always goes to jail over it.

Examples are,
Star Wars Episode 3 (torrent site crack down after this was leaked)
Rob Zombie's Halloween
Michael Moore's Sicko
The Hulk

It really has nothing to do with "sources". It has to do with people's some people's stupidity.

bikernin
12-17-2007, 04:28 PM
yes there are people who have inside source. usually movie producers are getting more and more secure about their distribution but a leak always pops up here and there. you may get to see a workprint or a cam from the private screening. but both of those will be dismal quality and not worth watching the movie. its better to wait for dvdrips or if you are desperate a TC or R5

Broken
12-17-2007, 05:13 PM
but both of those will be dismal quality and not worth watching the movie.

A workprint is a copy of the film that has not been finished.
It can be missing scenes, music, and others can contain extra scenes. The quality can range from excellent to very poor.
Some WPs are very different from the final print

DanielleD87
12-18-2007, 05:44 AM
about 2 years ago there was a movie (can't remember the name off the top of my head) that a telecine of it pred about 14 months before it hit the theaters.

work prints are the most common form of pre theaters, but every once in a while someone gets their hand on the reel (sp?) and makes a copy before it arrives at the theaters. this is very very rare.

$SnoopDo2G$
12-18-2007, 06:59 AM
It's like i remember watchin' that Tom yum goong way before it hitted the cinema even in asia, and quality was'nt bad, just that it was Thailand movie with eng. subs encoded in it, but it was like dayuuumm impressive...

grimms
12-18-2007, 10:20 AM
It's all who you know. You would need to know the right people through the right channels to pull that off. It's rare for movies to come out before they hit the Theatre date. Mostly movies that were released in another country before the states have an higher chance of getting leaked. But it is rare though.

RoSsoNeRI
12-20-2007, 08:33 PM
How can u leak a movie before anyone has even seen it??

DanielleD87
12-21-2007, 12:20 AM
How can u leak a movie before anyone has even seen it??
people see it before it hits the theaters

http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=141&item=4 :whistling

$SnoopDo2G$
12-22-2007, 01:29 AM
people see it before it hits the theaters

http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=141&item=4 :whistling

yep that's whut im talkin' about, this movie is comin' only in 17 July 2008, and that supposed trailer is the movie itself, 6 minutes of it...:w00t:

DanielleD87
12-22-2007, 02:28 AM
lol gotta love getting bootlegs before the trailer for a movie is even made. ;)

don't believe me? i just proved it in my last post.

that and i gotta say snoop dog is f'en awesome. i'm not a rap fan but his attitude is awesome.

Scavenger
12-24-2007, 05:12 AM
Yeah, I think its nice see it before it release at cinema, but I'ts cool to see it for first time at cinema, dont ya think?

$SnoopDo2G$
12-24-2007, 05:26 AM
Yeah, I think its nice see it before it release at cinema, but I'ts cool to see it for first time at cinema, dont ya think?

Yes it's cool too, large screen IMAX, and if you get the chance to see the movie in cinema, you know before the first day of the official release (i don't remember how you call that in english lol ) it's cool awesome. :D

DanielleD87
12-24-2007, 06:31 AM
the premier?