12-15-2007, 07:12 PM
I can has ur music?

Saroman
12-15-2007, 07:15 PM
lol i dont have waffles and neither the HDD to sustain that much music :P

@skizo :- i have noted in lounge too, u are huge music fan :P Good for you :D

wrongun92
12-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Wow thats gonna be a lot of GB or is it TB.

Saroman Bhai, I dont have the space either but I do have 100 dvd-rs lying around waiting to be ripped. ;)

Saroman
12-15-2007, 07:44 PM
lol...yesterday i burnt 21 DVDs a record for my DVD Writer.. I really feel its gonna go kaput soon..

virtus134
12-15-2007, 08:16 PM
I actually am sad.

I can't become a power user yet since I haven't downloaded 5 gigabytes, and I won't be able to till free leech ends. : /

Polarbear
12-15-2007, 08:35 PM
I actually am sad.

I can't become a power user yet since I haven't downloaded 5 gigabytes, and I won't be able to till free leech ends. : /

is that a new rule? i've downloaded much less and i'm pu+?

Kyl3KK
12-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Yeah that's a new rule.

Saroman
12-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Well they might have changed it..as they mentioned...they will mention new rules in some time..

WhiteWizard20
12-15-2007, 09:04 PM
I love free leech. I'm trying to grab as many albums as I can during this time.

Kyl3KK
12-15-2007, 09:06 PM
I love free leech. I'm trying to grab as many albums as I can during this time.:yes:

Polarbear
12-15-2007, 09:14 PM
if you wanna boost your ratio, dl the complete beethoven edition flac.

i'm seeding is for 35 days now and it gave me a buffer that will last a year.

this torrent will seed back forever - grab it.

bornwithnoname
12-15-2007, 09:23 PM
I would love to make the most of waffles freeleech.

Kyl3KK
12-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks to Apple and Adobe I have close to a 50GB buffer now. :)

mievmo
12-15-2007, 10:29 PM
Kinda good the FL... have time to rebiuld the ratio :/

fOrUmAs
12-15-2007, 10:32 PM
lol i have grab over 200 torrents since freeleech start and still seeding.. :)

awoeonip
12-15-2007, 10:33 PM
I've been trying to upgrade my entire 10k track library into FLAC during this FL. Still a long way to go :)

Torn
12-15-2007, 10:52 PM
Why is having a huge buffer on a music site so important to everyone?

You can easily keep a 1:1 ratio by grabbing some tunes and keeping them seeded. The more your collection grows, the more you will seed and the higher your ratio.

Honestly, it's not that big of a deal and you wont get banned if you're seeding properly.

Are you really thinking of downloading 60+GB's in one sitting? Ever? ... Slow down... :)

mrnobody
12-15-2007, 11:02 PM
if i don't need/want 'em...i won't download 'em.

if i do need/want 'em...i would careless if it's freeleech or not.

Skiz
12-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Well, I'm primarily using it to simply upgrade a lot of albums which are 192 kbps to V0 or FLAC, depending on the album.

I don't need any of it as I already have it, just up'ing the quality for free. :)

Polarbear
12-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Well, I'm primarily using it to simply upgrade a lot of albums which are 192 kbps to V0 or FLAC, depending on the album.

I don't need any of it as I already have it, just up'ing the quality for free. :)

that's right. i do this with movies as well:

dvdscreener - dvdrip - dvdr - hd

i always want the highest possible quality when i archive something.

niceguy4
12-15-2007, 11:20 PM
i think this thread is a perfect example for why freeleechs have an OVERALL negative impact on the trackers economy... the majority of leeched torrents will NEVER be seeded back to 1:1 ratio nor will they be seeded back period. and anyone saying that there going to seed everything back isnt helping the growth of the site either... 50-100 torrents seeded splits up the bandwidth. it only takes 5-10 active torrents to diminish a users bandwidth. i agree with freeleeches during the first month but it needs to stop... or at least enact a hit n run rule and force torrents to be seeded or else freeleech is nothing but a feel good idea that does not benefit the overall tracker quality.

when it's hard to maintain a good ratio, the quality of the site TENDS to be higher... two examples b*t**tv and oink. the achieves were/are deep and well seeded because it was/is hardER to maintain a good ratio.

what.cd understands this problem and has even talked about it in the forums and the news posts.

anyways. it's a small issue in a world of more important things... people will always love free stuff and will even work harder to keep them free even when it degrades the quality of something.

p.s. dear fan boy/girl and forum troller.. you can post your irrational/irrelevant posts here http://disneyland.disney.go.com (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/) thx for understanding :)

Actatoi
12-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Niceguy4, you do have a good point. Oink's archive was fantastic. Let us just hope that this freeleech will not have a bad affect in the long run. For me personally it was nice, even though I only got to use it for a couple of hours, well 30 minutes left. Downloaded a dubstep album I probably never would have done otherwise and I am enjoying it :yup:

mrnobody
12-15-2007, 11:31 PM
i think this thread is a perfect example for why freeleechs have an OVERALL negative impact on the trackers economy... the majority of leeched torrents will NEVER be seeded back to 1:1 ratio nor will they be seeded back period.

that's why "Blackcats FTW"

H n' Rers bye bye.

Polarbear
12-15-2007, 11:36 PM
i think this thread is a perfect example for why freeleechs have an OVERALL negative impact on the trackers economy... the majority of leeched torrents will NEVER be seeded back to 1:1 ratio nor will they be seeded back period. and anyone saying that there going to seed everything back isnt helping the growth of the site either... 50-100 torrents seeded splits up the bandwidth. it only takes 5-10 active torrents to diminish a users bandwidth. i agree with freeleeches during the first month but it needs to stop... or at least enact a hit n run rule and force torrents to be seeded or else freeleech is nothing but a feel good idea that does not benefit the overall tracker quality.

when it's hard to maintain a good ratio, the quality of the site TENDS to be higher... two examples b*t**tv and oink. the achieves were/are deep and well seeded because it was/is hardER to maintain a good ratio.

what.cd understands this problem and has even talked about it in the forums and the news posts.

anyways. it's a small issue in a world of more important things... people will always love free stuff and will even work harder to keep them free even when it degrades the quality of something.

p.s. dear fan boy/girl and forum troller.. you can post your irrational/irrelevant posts here http://disneyland.disney.go.com (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/) thx for understanding :)

keeping your ratio shouldn't be too easy, that's right.

the harder it is to keep your ratio, the more stuff is uploaded.

but a hit and run rule doesn't make sense on a musictracker.

hit and run rules are good for tracker with larger files.

i posted in both what and waffles about a hit and run rule and the majority was against it.

oink didn't have one as well btw.

RainRoofer
12-16-2007, 01:05 AM
I missed it, just bought new HDD today :S

Grind$oFine
12-16-2007, 01:53 AM
:( It's over.

Oh well, I got a good 40GB of new stuff/upgraded quality stuff/bookmarked stuff.
Not too shabby.
And #it is still freeleech, that's good. :yup:

I hope sites do freeleech for New Years, I'm not getting my new HD till Christmas.

tiolewis
12-16-2007, 02:10 AM
I actually am sad.

The same thing happends to me :(

Grind$oFine
12-16-2007, 02:19 AM
Goodness, if you have 25GB+ uploaded, then go crazy and get your 5GB downloaded.

If that's a problem, give me your account and I'll download 5GB for you :lol::P J/K

Install OiNKPlus and listen to some new stuff to download. :yup:

t0mmy
12-16-2007, 02:21 AM
Must have been be a member for at least 4 weeks, have uploaded at least 25GB, downloaded at least 5GB, and have a ratio at or above 1.05.

i guess so :( need to wait till after FL to get PU :D

Skiz
12-16-2007, 02:45 AM
Why are you all so antsy to become power users?

Zelucifer
12-16-2007, 02:47 AM
Anyone else feel like Waffles and What have free leech, too often? It kind of kills the point of requiring a decent ratio when every couple of weeks you can download whatever you want for "free".

tweakz
12-16-2007, 02:52 AM
Free leech is over.
It is at least on my end!!!

fstokebanget
12-16-2007, 02:53 AM
Maybe it's just because they just opened and now it's Xmas moment, so seems like the freeleech is happen too often

tiolewis
12-16-2007, 02:54 AM

To get invites and share them with my friends :happy:

arkiebrian
12-16-2007, 02:54 AM
Free leech is over.

I just noticed that..and it happened while I was getting the Beethoven thing!

:blink:

tweakz
12-16-2007, 02:57 AM
Free leech is over.

That sucks!
In the middle of something...well we had tons of time!

Adam1990
12-16-2007, 03:00 AM
Up'd a healthy 150gb during free leech. Its going to take 5 years for me to get rid of this buffer lol

arkiebrian
12-16-2007, 03:03 AM

That sucks!
In the middle of something...well we had tons of time!

It will work out...I'll just have to seed it back. There are plenty of leechers on it...looks like I'm not the only one who did that.

tweakz
12-16-2007, 03:03 AM
Up'd a healthy 150gb during free leech. Its going to take 5 years for me to get rid of this buffer lol

Lucky for u ur isp don't throttle ur ass....lol

Skiz
12-16-2007, 03:06 AM

To get invites and share them with my friends :happy:

Well, don't get excited. I've been a PU+ for a couple weeks and still have zero invites.

wrongun92
12-16-2007, 03:07 AM
what its already over:( And I was making plans

fOrUmAs
12-16-2007, 03:20 AM
ahh freeleech is over now :( but im glad that i have uploaded many GB so im fine forever there :D

Adam1990
12-16-2007, 04:42 AM

Lucky for u ur isp don't throttle ur ass....lol

fios ;)

trevor12087
12-17-2007, 12:04 AM
I had to go buy a new harddrive during free leech, just to keep up.

virtus134
12-17-2007, 12:17 AM
That's such a bitch..

I downloaded a 20 gigabyte pack during free leech was still going on, and then in the middle it stops and the entire 20 gigabytes count towards me

orfik
12-17-2007, 12:23 AM
Why do people waste their freeleech time downloading Rosetta Stone and whatnot? First of all, Rosetta Stone is available everywhere, which is why there are so many seeders on it. People download a chunk on some public site, partial seed on waffles and pray it works out, which it doesn't. Download what you like and don't be such a sucker. SUCKA!

tweakz
12-17-2007, 12:41 AM
That's such a bitch..

I downloaded a 20 gigabyte pack during free leech was still going on, and then in the middle it stops and the entire 20 gigabytes count towards me

That BLOWS....waffles is such a cheap ASSSSSS!!!!!:yup:

arkiebrian
12-17-2007, 01:06 AM
I would never have started this big DL if I knew when freeleech was ending. There was no time limit posted.

wrongun92
12-17-2007, 01:10 AM
That's such a bitch..

Thats quite sad:o I would have thought that the moment the freeleech ended, they would start to gather download data from that point onwards.

orfik
12-17-2007, 01:10 AM
That's such a bitch..

Bullshit. I'm sure you got hit with whatever you downloaded once fl ended, but they don't credit the entire file to your ratio if you're still downloading once it ends. If they did, I'd be in trouble. :happy:

virtus134
12-17-2007, 01:13 AM
It did happen to me. It was like 22-23 gigabytes or something, the Beethoven full collection in flac.

Started downloading it WHEN free leech was still going on, left it on overnight (it's 23 gigabytes, of course I would need that time to download it) and checked the next day. My download was 25 GIGABYTES. Now I've directed all my bandwith towards seeding to get my buffer back.

Hanz™
12-17-2007, 01:33 AM
It did happen to me. It was like 22-23 gigabytes or something, the Beethoven full collection in flac.

Started downloading it WHEN free leech was still going on, left it on overnight (it's 23 gigabytes, of course I would need that time to download it) and checked the next day. My download was 25 GIGABYTES. Now I've directed all my bandwith towards seeding to get my buffer back.
You left it running on the night that free-leech ended. Well, duh! Obviously that was gonna fuck your ratio up?!

What did you expect?!!

orfik
12-17-2007, 01:46 AM

Was your download ratio 2 gigs when it started?

virtus134
12-17-2007, 01:48 AM
Yes it was.

And Christ Hanz, I'm so sorry for not knowing free leech was going to end that same night. I'm not blaming Waffles, I'm just saying it would be nice if there was some message about it ending that night. -.-

allin15111
12-17-2007, 02:16 AM
From the front page:

Free Leech until this Sunday!

In spirit of the hugely successful FLAC Week, and all of this good news, Free Leech will go on until this weekend. It will end Sunday at 0:00 GMT (this means, right when Saturday ends!).

Skiz
12-17-2007, 02:20 AM
From the front page:

In spirit of the hugely successful FLAC Week, and all of this good news, Free Leech will go on until this weekend. It will end Sunday at 0:00 GMT (this means, right when Saturday ends!).

That means it's already over, genius. :dabs:

Hanz™
12-17-2007, 05:25 AM
From the front page:

That means it's already over, genius. :dabs:
It's directed at the guy, who is acting as if there was no way he could have known that free leech was gonna end.

arkiebrian
12-17-2007, 05:31 AM

That's EXACTLY what happened to me...same file even...though I am a Beethoven fan. I've never known a free leech to end that way where right in the middle of downloading a file it starts counting.

I can't get this to seed right on uTorrent either. I'm messing with the settings and can't seem to stay connected to peers.

Oh well.

From the front page:

I'm looking at the archived posts on the main page and I don't see it.

jars
12-17-2007, 05:43 AM
To the above poster. The sign is still there so I''m unsure how you could've missed it. On the home page, click on; Lots of Good News! posted by shinikaru on Dec-13-07

arkiebrian
12-17-2007, 05:46 AM
To the above poster. The sign is still there so I''m unsure how you could've missed it. On the home page, click on; Lots of Good News! posted by shinikaru on Dec-13-07

OK...I see it now...highly visible...:frusty:

fOrUmAs
12-17-2007, 05:57 AM
Yes it was.

And Christ Hanz, I'm so sorry for not knowing free leech was going to end that same night. I'm not blaming Waffles, I'm just saying it would be nice if there was some message about it ending that night. -.-

lol there was massage when freeleech have started and when will end of course,that is your and only your fault..

btw why u so worry i have seen that u have big buffer acc so this 25GB that u have downloaded is not much of worry..

:D

mrbombastic
12-17-2007, 12:22 PM
how many torrents do they have, out of curiousity

Polarbear
12-17-2007, 12:25 PM

jars
12-17-2007, 02:34 PM
:noes: Polarbear

78,791 :yup: