PDA

View Full Version : I Am Legend

Skiz
12-16-2007, 09:29 AM
How bad did that suck?

The first 10 -15 minutes, I thought it might work out to be one of the best movies I'd ever seen, then it plummeted into movie suckville.

The mutants were boring as shit and didn't begin to convince me they could be scary.

Also, how did people keep turning up from Vermont? I thought the bridges were destroyed to quarantine the city....

Meh.

hbkwarez
12-16-2007, 03:55 PM
I have few expectation from this movie, Imdb makes my fire ignite

Just waiting for mVs or and Other group to release a Ts

hippychick
12-17-2007, 12:32 AM
I read the book and saw the other two movies based off the book and read the review that the movie was hollywoodized so a sequel could be made, so the movie wasn't surprising to me.
I enjoyed some of the scenes and hated other.

They should of used real actors for the vampires and not cgi,for the vampires were evolving but you didn't really get the that feeling from using cgi to make them look like monsters not humans turned into vampires.
You could kind of tell the vampires had a leader, like when smith got caught in the vampire's snare trap and when the leader set up waves to attack smith at the pier and smiths house. The leader never went in first, but sent in the grunts or dogs instead.
Anna was a waste of time and confusion, in the book the women was a vampire sent to spy on him and she ended up feeling sorry for him. In the movie she was only there to set up the sequel which is already in the planning.
Plus how did she get on the island when all access was destroyed?
Good acting for Smith was when he went into the dark building, that was scary and you could feel his fear or when he had to kill Sam, I felt his pain for losing his only friend and loneliness that was slowly making him go insane.
You could tell the ending was rushed and cut short for money and a cheesy ending for Smith to make him a martyr for the title of the show.
Not like in the book where Robert was the "Legend" to them, like vampires our to us.

Busyman
12-17-2007, 05:44 PM
The ending sucked.

He could have easily threw the grenade then went up the chimney.

He was an idiot for fucking with the mannequin.

As hippy said, the vamps should have been real.

It should stuck to the book more.

The woman could have got to the island by boat.

100%
12-17-2007, 09:14 PM
did you all watch Cam's?
im waiting

in the end the hype about a movie seems much more enthrawling than the actual event.
almost like children at xmas.

ecug
12-18-2007, 12:42 AM
I have few expectation from this movie, Imdb makes my fire ignite

Just waiting for mVs or and Other group to release a Ts

I really hope that the ts release are from mVs, they rule..:shifty:

S!X
12-18-2007, 08:27 AM
Skizo, it was seriously that bad? the trailer and tv commercials look so promising though :(

Skiz
12-18-2007, 08:48 AM
Skizo, it was seriously that bad? the trailer and tv commercials look so promising though :(

It sucked, bad.

Save your money.

hbkwarez
12-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Couldn't wait Any longer , Saw the CAm yes i know cam ruins Movie experience!

MOvie was Ok i think it's over rated movie!

One Question :
How the Hell HE managed to survive for 3 yrs with out Protection around his house!
**Closing just windows doesn't helps !!
*And suddenly Boom All fu*king Infected ppls attack his house.

** How the hell his home Still has Electric Power supply ?? [still after 3 years]

That was completely unacceptable to me Or may be i need to watch again to Understand the movie Or may be Hollywod just turning like Our Bollywood "Keep aside Your Brains and Just Enjoy "

Busyman
12-18-2007, 05:31 PM

One Question :
How the Hell HE managed to survive for 3 yrs with out Protection around his house!

** How the hell his home Still has Electric Power supply ?? [still after 3 years]

That was completely unacceptable to me Or may be i need to watch again to Understand the movie Or may be Hollywod just turning like Our Bollywood "Keep aside Your Brains and Just Enjoy "

1. No one followed him to his house before.

2. He didn't just close windows. He was in by dusk and had metal shutters.

3. He got his electric from multiple gasoline powered generators.

Yeah you need to watch it again.

Did anyone notice that the scene where it seems Will is in a fire filled room with the infected right in his face (not attacking) is not in the movie?

:blink:

Here it is. The scene is at the very end of the trailer.

C2fWJ6ux8PM

Let me add that I thought the ending sucked but the whole movie.

hippychick
12-18-2007, 08:45 PM
1. No one followed him to his house before.

2. He didn't just close windows. He was in by dusk and had metal shutters.

He always poured vinegar around his porch to hide the sent of himself and his dog

3. He got his electric from multiple gasoline powered generators.

Which he kept inside his home and not in the garage like in the Omega Man...Smart move

Yeah you need to watch it again.

Agreed

Did anyone notice that the scene where it seems Will is in a fire filled room with the infected right in his face (not attacking) is not in the movie?

:blink:

From what I read that was the original ending, but they cut it short to save money...Will was suppose to be surrounded by the vampires and the head vampires says something in his ear "speaks" not just howls to show they have evolved and then Will gives that cocky look and drops the grenade...boom...a much better ending.

Let me add that I thought the ending sucked but the whole movie.

Yep the ending was rushed to save money and to make room for the sequel...sad really...but there were still some really good scenes in the movie.
I also read the original movie was R but Will changed it so his kids could watch it, not sure if that is true or not, but that would explain why some scenes in the trailer are missing from the movie.

wrongun92
12-18-2007, 09:06 PM
I'll wait for a better release and then post my opinion

your_creator
12-19-2007, 01:36 AM
i thought the movie was pretty good just a few flaws

1. the "vampires were less intelligent" they did not speak
2. the mannequin scene pissed me off why did he go fuck with it
3. the ending was horrible blowing his self up instead of throwing the grenade then crawling into the duct:huh:

hippychick
12-19-2007, 03:29 AM
i thought the movie was pretty good just a few flaws

1. the "vampires were less intelligent" they did not speak

yeah I agree, thats where they should of used real actors and not CGI, that way they are more human and less vampire/zombies like in the movie.
In the book you had the dead vampire and the live vampires and they both could talk and would taunt him, to break him down and drive him crazy. Eventually the live vampires formed a society and though of Robert as the villian

2. the mannequin scene pissed me off why did he go fuck with it.

I think by then he was going insane and when he saw the mannequin not in his place, he couldn't accept it,
Did you notice when he first walked up to the mannequin its head moved? I think that was to show us how he was losing it

3. the ending was horrible blowing his self up instead of throwing the grenade then crawling into the duct:huh:

That wasn't the original ending for the movie. Watch the ending of Busymans trailer
But he had to die so the title of the show made sense, it was a very stupid ending though!
In the book he was a legend to the vampires like vampires are to us, he was the reason they were afraid to go to sleep during the day

I agree with alot of what you said in the spoiler and added my own theories. :)

twist off
12-19-2007, 02:28 PM
If vampires/zombies were unintelligent...

then how was the trap set up by the main bad dude??? horrible script writting...

hbkwarez
12-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Allright Will wait for atleast R5 to rewatch the movie.....
1. I was over excited by the speedy Camera release
2. Was very disappointed by Audio and black out during the movie.
it's cam audio , There is no room for complaint as it was Free :)
Correct me if wrong.......

The reason he was followed at the End was due to That Saviour Lady forgot
to pour vinegar around the car and around his home?
Or She was spyed by one of vampire/zombie that might have survived the car accident?

Still Living for 3 yrs and thinking "Protection around Home Not required and Trusting Metal
shutters " is a Bit of Dumb ??

How does Anna knows the Correct address of our hero if she is meeting him for first Time?
After rescue accident she took him to Correct apartment!

Busyman™
12-20-2007, 12:23 AM
Allright Will wait for atleast R5 to rewatch the movie.....
1. I was over excited by the speedy Camera release
2. Was very disappointed by Audio and black out during the movie.
it's cam audio , There is no room for complaint as it was Free :)
Correct me if wrong.......

The reason he was followed at the End was due to That Saviour Lady forgot
to pour vinegar around the car and around his home?
Or She was spyed by one of vampire/zombie that might have survived the car accident?

Still Living for 3 yrs and thinking "Protection around Home Not required and Trusting Metal
shutters " is a Bit of Dumb ??

How does Anna knows the Correct address of our hero if she is meeting him for first Time?
After rescue accident she took him to Correct apartment!

1. They were followed. They came home at night. I assume the infected could communicate whereabouts to each other.

2. She asked him where he lived.

For a movie that didn't have a whole lot of interaction and conversation, you guys missed a lot.:ermm:

100%
12-20-2007, 12:26 AM
so, is he a legend?

JROQuinn
12-20-2007, 01:42 AM
so, is he a legend?

No the title says he is Legend not a legend. I need to read more books...

psxcite
12-20-2007, 01:46 AM
Like Skizo said, it really went downhill. The beginning scenes still make up for it though. Well, enough for you to at least watch it once. It's not a good movie, but it's not that bad.

I think more than anything, the potential for an amzaing film was there and that's what disappoints me more than anything.

On another note, damn I need to go to the gym.

Busyman™
12-20-2007, 03:03 AM
Like Skizo said, it really went downhill. The beginning scenes still make up for it though. Well, enough for you to at least watch it once. It's not a good movie, but it's not that bad.

I think more than anything, the potential for an amzaing film was there and that's what disappoints me more than anything.

On another note, damn I need to go to the gym.

I thought it was good film with a bad ending.

I'd rather the movie had shown him really being depressed so much that he killed himself.

Instead he said, "They'll never stop coming after to me.":dry:

So is that why you kill yourself when you could have done same damage by living.

Nice going.

It's a good movie with flaws.

I don't how the hell someone says the movie actually sucked when you were pretty much enthralled until the very end.

If you enjoyed 95%, that's not a suck ass movie.:ermm:

peat moss
12-20-2007, 03:16 AM
@Busy , thats why they have bad endings ....... so where's the sequel being filmed , in London ?

colt45joe
12-20-2007, 10:24 AM

so i dunno if this is true, but i heard that over an hour was cut out of the movie because the studio wanted it to be shorter.

hopefully an extended version will come out on dvd and whatever hd format....

twist off
12-20-2007, 01:10 PM
@Busy , thats why they have bad endings ....... so where's the sequel being filmed , in London ?

28 Days Later??

ivenkii
12-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Willsmith sucks :P

sanath
12-25-2007, 09:57 AM
i ghad already read the book so it should be nice

hanyash
12-26-2007, 03:15 AM
will smith is a very good one

lostdemon
12-26-2007, 05:37 AM
From reading this thread I thought I wasn't going to like it. But I just finished watching it right now and to my surprise I thought it was a pretty good movie. Although I would have liked to see him shooting and killing alot more than he did.

ajsi
12-29-2007, 06:04 PM
film has good start, it's look interesting but u looking for questions what happens to the world and those flashbacks is not good answers. will smith doesn't save this film. i was disappointed

DyNast
12-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Why is everybody so excited about this movie?

Busyman™
12-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Why is everybody so excited about this movie?

Castaway + the Apocalypse

maebach
12-31-2007, 04:46 AM
It was really good. Definetely a thriller, there were so many scenes that made me jump

yakir132
12-31-2007, 01:03 PM
When I have sow the beginning of this movie I thought that I'm gonna watch a good movie ..
but from the middle until the end the movie is such boring ! and the zombis are look like a toys and not real !! .
and in the and the 'star' of the movie died .. ( I'm not !! recommend you to watch this movie ! ) .

Hairbautt
12-31-2007, 04:23 PM
It was really good. Definetely a thriller, there were so many scenes that made me jump
I thought it was really good too, but I hate the whole jumper thing.

grimms
01-02-2008, 07:17 AM
Wish it had a better ending but it was good. Not as good as I-Robot but good.

Defy
01-04-2008, 08:27 PM
As previously stated, the vampires should have been real actors, not cgi. They also appeared to be more "zombified" than actual vampires, because they never spoke and were even refered to as having their basic insticts deteriorate.

Poor Sam... I almost wanted to cry when he was sitting there holding him and had to snap his neck. :(

I was really disappointed with the whole movie because the teaser trailers made it look phenomenal... which, unfortunately it wasn't. I loved the concept of the movie but I really think they could hve done SO much more with it.

And for the record, I would have been pissed too if someone cooked up the last of my bacon.

100%
01-04-2008, 09:15 PM
And for the record, I would have been pissed too if someone cooked up the last of my bacon.

fresh dog bacon tastes better

MasterP
01-05-2008, 11:21 PM
I really liked this movie although it wasn't really what I expected. I thought it would be an action movie, about Will Smith fighting with the vampires, but it turned out to be about the psychology of Will's character. The end was really dissapointing, they should've thought of something more original.

C-mos
01-05-2008, 11:25 PM
the film was cool ..

but the ending to sad...

anyway ,he find the cure to save us all ::D:D lmao

mera
01-06-2008, 01:32 AM
I thought it was ok...was expecting more based on the hype. :(

kaffeine
01-06-2008, 03:48 AM
I thought it was ok...was expecting more based on the hype. :(
same here.. :(

thearrow
01-06-2008, 04:29 AM
I just watched it today. I liked it, actually. The whole film presented a feeling of well-done cinematography, and suspense, followed by hope. It seems to be a trend in a lot of movies these days of filling the viewer with overwhelming despair only to leave them with a glimmer of hope at the end. (Day After Tomorrow, Children of Men, etc.)

Ending sucked.

The mutant guys could have used some work, too.

grimms
01-06-2008, 08:06 AM
I just watched it today. I liked it, actually. The whole film presented a feeling of well-done cinematography, and suspense, followed by hope. It seems to be a trend in a lot of movies these days of filling the viewer with overwhelming despair only to leave them with a glimmer of hope at the end. (Day After Tomorrow, Children of Men, etc.)

Ending sucked.

The mutant guys could have used some work, too.

Agreed. The ending ruined it though.

cmZ
01-06-2008, 04:53 PM
The Best Movie 4ever

simcha
01-06-2008, 09:19 PM
my aspectations for this one was very high, media hype, 2 of my friends have read the book and they belived that the movie was going to be equal to the book..
but it didnt live up to my aspectations, it was too much and as previous post states: the ending sucked

kadake
01-07-2008, 01:08 AM
i liked it and wished it had been a little longer

kadake
01-07-2008, 01:08 AM
i liked it and wished it had been a little longer

Diiyad
01-07-2008, 03:51 PM
I thought it was good, but I was hoping that the main character would live. Oh well.

bcrabl
01-08-2008, 08:44 AM
i was a really short film...no bad at all.

OXO
01-08-2008, 03:13 PM

One Question :

Scavenger
01-10-2008, 09:56 PM
I liked this film.. but was very short really...

LOSTMAN
01-11-2008, 04:49 AM
bad mov

Steve02
01-11-2008, 09:48 AM
great movie

bondok25
01-11-2008, 01:18 PM
its very good films its the best to will smith

sscape
01-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Good movie and ending kinda sucked.

suppli3r
01-14-2008, 12:19 AM
bad mov, bad ending

Definite
01-14-2008, 07:52 AM
I enjoyed it, but only because of Will Smith's performance.

lomy222
01-14-2008, 09:45 AM
it's a great movie i loves it

Sanka113
01-15-2008, 01:08 AM
I was very dissapointed in this movie. The zombies had alot of potential too.

ReNZoRuK
01-16-2008, 05:53 AM
I Am Legend... sucked so hard :S :/ I watched it Christmas day, and it ruined Christmas for me :S

I think I will stick with The Omega Man...

aPPLEsEeDPlUs
01-16-2008, 01:36 PM
good movie its good story for me

nixonsparanoia
01-17-2008, 09:20 PM
If the creatures were more "28 days later" style, the chick who "god" sent to get the cure didn't escape, and the ending didn't suck balls, the movie would have been decent.

PRINCE
01-18-2008, 01:22 AM
i see ppl alot here say bad about this movie
i didnt watch it yet
but when see this postes
i get Frustration :(

lomy222
01-18-2008, 10:03 AM
the movie is good but the story has some faults
1- if animals can be infected why did't gizelles and lions got infected?
2- how did the waman know his house when he was unconscious?
3- they all very stupid like animals , exept 1 , why ?

ivenkii
01-23-2008, 01:50 AM
As the ending was not good.....i dint like most of the scenes....

Ronnie Coleman
01-23-2008, 02:54 AM
I mean... It is movie with Will Smith as main role... Also, Francis Lawrence isn't "good" director...

yoco
01-23-2008, 11:06 AM
I loved the entire movie right until the last 10 min. I think the ending sucked!

Giveaway
01-23-2008, 02:33 PM
i liked the movie in the beginning, but then it disappointed me :(
bad ending

orka
01-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Ok, f*ck the ending-just read the book.

The Film was amazing great, I was so happy to see finaly a good staff there. Again W.Smith was the best choice for this movie.
Hope we not gonna and like this!!!

moksen
01-24-2008, 08:30 PM
great movie

Ghost+Rider
01-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Didn't watch it yet,listnd cool reviews abt the muv...

angryghost
01-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Wayyy over rated... i thought it was pretty bad, got too much hype and didnt live up to it. Disappointed very disappointed:(

Shiranai_Baka
01-25-2008, 01:10 PM
the movie is good but the story has some faults
1- if animals can be infected why did't gizelles and lions got infected?
2- how did the waman know his house when he was unconscious?
3- they all very stupid like animals , exept 1 , why ?

1. Some had immunity as nevins stated sometime in the movie.
2. He blurted it out when he was half-awake in the car.
3. What do you mean by that?

nazgull
01-25-2008, 02:51 PM
nice movie...i like

Cruel
01-25-2008, 08:34 PM
I really like Will Smith, it's like that I think either hate or love. And I can not find anything bad about this.

pone44
01-26-2008, 06:12 AM
Have yet to see this, might go tonight n see it @ the theater..? heard it was good, not great.?

hoosdathu
01-27-2008, 04:12 PM
peeps looking for lotsa action r prob gonna b disappointed, but for me, will smith's acting was worth the ticket price

tenis69
01-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Great movie, i really like Will Smith.

athenaesword
01-28-2008, 02:43 AM
i'm a will fan too, but this movie didn't do him justice. about the only good things about it was him working out and popping zombies. the ending felt a lil ludicrous. the first half had a good build up though. i just felt the overall presentation lacked depth after seeing the end.

lsw0794
01-28-2008, 10:53 AM
it's so good
i love it

P0WerSeeD
01-29-2008, 06:25 AM
good story and new for me

Giveaway
01-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Great movie, i really like Will Smith.
yes me too, but the story sucked at the end

athenaesword
01-30-2008, 02:59 PM
yeah the ending kinda sucked..

lostdemon
01-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Good movie but I agree the ending sucked

Snee
01-30-2008, 11:02 PM
I liked it. I have not read the book.

Oh, and the (human) zombies (I didn't think of them as vampires until I read this thread) didn't seem that unintelligent in the movie, he was on about them being devolved and made them sound animal, but they were still somewhat organised and all of that, really really aggressive though. And the cgi was pretty good, at that.

It actually surprised me that it was as good as it was. I'm no fan of Will Smith. The suicide was a bit strange, but I thought he'd gone soft in the head at that point anyways, so.

Taken at face value, with no previous information about the story, it's a good movie.

One or two of you need to rewatch it, though, how the fuck could someone miss what was going on like that?

EDit: and ffs, when are people gonna learn not to believe in hypes.

ScreaminJay
01-30-2008, 11:07 PM
I absolutely hated it.

Wish Will Smith get killed, cause in the true story, he is not suppose to be a flawless hero. Truly a terrible adaptation.

badvirus
01-31-2008, 01:19 AM
i like the sorry, good film!

athenaesword
01-31-2008, 03:38 AM
I absolutely hated it.

Wish Will Smith get killed, cause in the true story, he is not suppose to be a flawless hero. Truly a terrible adaptation.

he did get killed.

tanakmonitor
02-01-2008, 04:52 AM
I absolutely hated it.

+1

jenny412
02-02-2008, 01:57 AM
Just saw this. I never read the book, but I enjoyed the movie for what it was.

athenaesword
02-02-2008, 05:52 AM
alotta people claim the book's much better. ima give it a shot when i got the time. you should too ^^

bcrabl
02-02-2008, 09:46 AM
the book is really much better.

athenaesword
02-02-2008, 02:49 PM
lol that's usually the case when you try to compress what usually takes 10x the time to absorb into a 2hr flick.

JiZ3M
02-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Freaking awsom movie !!!
LOVED IT !!
will smith gave a hell of a gig this time all the scenes that he acts to be sceard OMG !!

Nemanja
02-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Good movie. Nice dog :D

Spillage
02-05-2008, 01:28 PM
4/10 - CGI & actions sequences are very good, the story line sucks .
This is easily the worst adaption from a very good novel . Rather then be pitted against a plague of thinking, intelligent(ish) vampires, the monsters are of the more fashionable, but dumb (with 1 unexplained exception) Zombie ilk . Ruined any depth to the Last Man's struggle .
The transparently fluffy dog element was added as a smoke screen.
If that wasn't bad enough, there's the crudely bolted on religious element in the last quarter . Where did that come from ? Why was it added ? Does the film industry have to pander to god botherers to such an extent, that perfectly good endings need be rewritten ?

Not even close , certainly no cigar .

panoli
02-06-2008, 12:25 PM
the ending waz bad.

emperor_prem
02-06-2008, 06:12 PM
personally i didnt like the film

cocalait
02-07-2008, 03:00 AM
i think it sucked. I hated the fact that other people existed. I wanted another ending.

but that's me

Skyy
02-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Haven't seen it yet. I am waiting for DVD or HD.

athenaesword
02-09-2008, 02:30 AM
there's really no point in getting the HD version i think. firstly it's not all that great a movie. secondly there isn't enough bling to warrant spending that extra money on a hd version. unless u're talking about downloading.

Swift
02-09-2008, 02:24 PM
athena i saw it in dvdrip qualitty and the image was great even my father watched it :P

netox
02-10-2008, 10:59 AM
great film but could be a bit longer

Grind$oFine
02-11-2008, 09:12 AM
I thought the film was getting really good, and then all of a sudden it was over.
It wasn't necessarily that I didn't like the ending, I just didn't think it should have ended there. I thought there would be a big chunk of movie left after that. :idunno: The plot just didn't flow very well as a whole.

Also, I don't mind people dying but... why the dog?! :cry:

Anyway, I think I'll check out the book, I'm sure I'll be more satisfied.

Swift
02-11-2008, 11:39 AM
great film but could be a bit longer

yes , it ended so quick :unsure:

athenaesword
02-11-2008, 12:10 PM
I thought the film was getting really good, and then all of a sudden it was over.
It wasn't necessarily that I didn't like the ending, I just didn't think it should have ended there. I thought there would be a big chunk of movie left after that. :idunno: The plot just didn't flow very well as a whole.

Also, I don't mind people dying but... why the dog?! :cry:

Anyway, I think I'll check out the book, I'm sure I'll be more satisfied.

*spoiler

unfortunately, the whole point of starring willsmith is so that he doesn't die. i mean, this's the same guy who did bad boys man how could he get killed -_-

athena i saw it in dvdrip qualitty and the image was great even my father watched it :P

heh that guy was asking about HD, not dvdrip. i replied saying HD wouldn't necessarily make this movie much more enjoyable for the above mentioned reasons.

haiducul
02-11-2008, 05:49 PM
personally I thought it was ok but it shouldn't of have such a rushed ending

svsagar
02-12-2008, 06:59 AM
Gr8 movie ..wonder y it isnt in the list of oscar nominations .?? where as dumb movie like Juno n no country for old men made it thru ...??

Ronnie Coleman
02-12-2008, 07:49 PM
"No Country for Old Men" is directed by great directors - brothers Coen. It has subtle, delicacy direction and great scenario.

While "I am Legend" is pure Hollywood emptiness...

FLYm2u
02-12-2008, 09:30 PM
"I Am Legend" is a very good movie. 9/10 :happy:

Adama
02-13-2008, 07:36 PM
i watch it
and i's not that bad

krotacvil
02-13-2008, 10:32 PM
great movie

PRINCE
02-16-2008, 02:10 AM
now i seen it
good movie but the end very bad
i dont know why movie staff make this bad end + movie very short

wankady
02-16-2008, 05:58 AM
It had zombies and lions. Thats all I need in a movie.

Femto
02-17-2008, 01:21 PM
The only thing I hated about this movie is that the CGI creatures looked too fake. Look at the older movies like Star Wars or Jurassic Park. The special effects still look timeless. The CGI in this movie look as bad as that American Godzilla movie.

Medooooo
02-19-2008, 08:10 PM
I like this movie its so good but too short .