PDA

View Full Version : It's worth trying...

arkiebrian
12-17-2007, 01:44 AM
I lost my BitMeTV account yesterday. I've tried to find out why by going to the IRC channel and asking a poster here that is reputed to be staff from there without getting an answer.

I think what happened is somebody above me in the invite tree lost their account so I lost mine. That's all I can come up with. I didn't abuse any policies on my end.

So, I'm just asking for a good Samaritan out there for an invite if they have one. I could give you access to my seedbox for a few days if that helps sweeten the pot (with a few simple requests).

reese
12-17-2007, 01:45 AM
not sure if that would work.. wouldnt they catch that?

arkiebrian
12-17-2007, 02:06 AM
not sure if that would work.. wouldnt they catch that?

What wouldn't work? Getting an invite and starting over again? What's wrong with that?

Tokeman
12-17-2007, 03:14 AM
as long as you have a new IP, nothing (besides it being against the rules)...

SgtMajor
12-17-2007, 03:23 AM
You need to find out if:

Your user name & email were deleted or disabled
Your IP is untouched (ie clean) or banned.

Only then will you even be considered as someone worth inviting back, otherwise members could be putting their future invites and/or account at risk by inviting someone previously banned/disabled, even if it was no fault of your own.

Go back to bitmetv, or their reps, and ask, they don't bite.

arkiebrian
12-17-2007, 03:35 AM
You need to find out if:

Only then will you even be considered as someone worth inviting back, otherwise members could be putting their future invites and/or account at risk by inviting someone previously banned/disabled, even if it was no fault of your own.

I go there and try to login and it says disabled...

I go to the BMTV help forum and it says I need voice, which I never get. I've sat there for over an hour.

I'll go back again and try to find out something I suppose.

OK...I'm there again...idling in help with an autoresponse saying 'you need voice (+v)'

chrisyg
12-17-2007, 06:21 PM
You need to find out if:

I go there and try to login and it says disabled...

I go to the BMTV help forum and it says I need voice, which I never get. I've sat there for over an hour.

I'll go back again and try to find out something I suppose.

OK...I'm there again...idling in help with an autoresponse saying 'you need voice (+v)'

You can only pm a member.. need to ask a mod there either to voice you or to ask them what happened to the account.

marksman
12-17-2007, 06:23 PM
well..they normally voice you when some mod is on!..so that no spammers join in the help channel..ur wait might take up to 3 hours or something..it happens sometimes..they r busy ppl:)

magushun
12-17-2007, 06:24 PM
um, when i visited bmtv help channel i got voice by time, and i could tell my problem, u should wait a little.

arkiebrian
12-17-2007, 11:43 PM
OK...looks like I have to go back there and sit for hours?

Everytime I type something it says 'you need voice' - that's it.

12-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Hi guys,

arkiebrian - sorry to hijack your thread and I hope you get your problem sorted

Just wondered, are invites open there again or is the site still full?

Cheers

mrnobody
12-18-2007, 12:02 AM
just go there and wait till mod gets there.

make sure you are the when they voice you...coz if you are not, they will probably kick you for idling...and also make sure that you don't have auto-join turned on...because if you do, you will get back in to the channel...they will kick you again...you will get back in..and they might ban you for couple of min/hrs.

sear
12-18-2007, 12:11 AM
You need to find out if:

Good advice but I'd like to point out that as I understand it BitMeTV never delete accounts only disable them. You only get one account for life. However there is a chance that you may get it back if you're on the level. IBSlice is a good guy and as long as you're honest he'll listen. Just don't come off with an attitude that never works.

arkiebrian
12-18-2007, 02:47 AM
Thanks for the advice.

They let me back in...woohoo!

:yahoo: