PDA

View Full Version : TVT vs BMTV....

Sanka113
12-17-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm just wondering what's so great about BMTV? I love the selection on TVT, and it's easy to seed on. BMTV is probably faster and I've heard has a much nicer interface, but is it's selection worthy of being an upper-tier level tracker?

Polarbear
12-17-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm just wondering what's so great about BMTV? I love the selection on TVT, and it's easy to seed on. BMTV is probably faster and I've heard has a much nicer interface, but is it's selection worthy of being an upper-tier level tracker?

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-what-trackers-offer-content-speed-pre-time-etc-235742

bitmetv content rating: 10
tvtorrents content rating: 6

kooftspc11
12-17-2007, 10:28 AM
i have both and i agree tvt is ALOT easier to seed on (not to mention the 1.5x upload credit for seeding). bmtv does have a bit more diverse selection of shows and better speeds but you definitely wont be missing out on much if you already have tvtorrents. i was actually disappointed with bmtv because i originally downloaded some really obscure shit and was not able to seed back enough and had to donate money for u/l credit

magushun
12-17-2007, 10:34 AM
nothing special, i got disabled there cos of inactivity...

Sanka113
12-17-2007, 10:43 AM
I was just on there irc, and they some of the member's said alot of their content get's uploaded at tvt. I don't think i'm going to need bmtv.

Sorry Polar, i meant the non romanian tvt. Damn abbreviations lol. tvt.ro is alright but i think the orignal tvt has much better selection. I just gotta wonder if BMTV makes TVT look like TVT.ro in comparison. (HAHA abbrevations)

Daniel
12-17-2007, 11:09 AM
BitMeTV: 17686 torrents / 112479 peers
TvTorrents.com: 8256 torrents / 139305 peers
tv.torrents.ro: 3918 torrents / ? peers

I think that TvTorrents is a very easy tracker to seed on and despite having way less torrents, the number of peers is astounding compared to BitMeTV. You probably won't need the latter if all you want are current tv shows and I'm speaking from experience here: in all my time on both trackers I've always found what I wanted on TvT. But it's good to know that I have BitMeTV as a backup tracker should I ever need it :D

Cheffy
12-17-2007, 11:13 AM
BitMeTV: 17686 torrents / 112479 peers
TvTorrents.com: 8256 torrents / 139305 peers
tv.torrents.ro: 3918 torrents / ? peers

I think that TvTorrents is a very easy tracker to seed on and despite having way less torrents, the number of peers is astounding compared to BitMeTV. You probably won't need the latter if all you want are current tv shows and I'm speaking from experience here: in all my time on both trackers I've always found what I wanted on TvT. But it's good to know that I have BitMeTV as a backup tracker should I ever need it :D

BMTV also have slots (for uplaod and download)
Witch means that several users including my self can seed as many torrents as they like. But this results in higher speeds for the leechers on the torrents the users actually seed, since they cant seed 400 torrents at 0.0005 Kb/s each. But its going to get the total numbers of peers down.

Sanka113
12-17-2007, 11:15 AM
After your post Daniel, I guess If i get the opportunity to get a bmtv, i'll take it since it has nearly twice the torrents. I'm really trying to find "new" shows to watch while the stupid wga strike goes on.

Cheffy
12-17-2007, 11:32 AM
After your post Daniel, I guess If i get the opportunity to get a bmtv, i'll take it since it has nearly twice the torrents. I'm really trying to find "new" shows to watch while the stupid wga strike goes on.

Hehe, but its not only the strike. Its christmas now as well. So shows usually take a few weeks brake during this time.

If you need some recommendations just PM me your favorite shows and ill send you a list of shows you might want to take a close look at.

I am a Tv Maniac :whistling

wheeloftime
12-17-2007, 11:34 AM
I find TVT a pain to navigate around, I get the page not found error repeatedly when using this site, have to keep going back to previous page click again - sometimes have to do this 9 or 10 times. This is the only site I have this problem with but it is probably just something to do with my pc. BMTV on the other hands works like a dream, but like others have said it is more difficult to seed back to compared with TVT.

bikernin
12-17-2007, 11:41 AM
there have been some shows which i have found on TVT.ro but not on BMTV. it all depends on what you are looking for. eventually BMTV is far superior in terms of design, selection, speed etc. but if you just need latest series all 0day trackers have it and its easier to maintain ratios on those sites. so you dont really need a specialized tracer. go for BMTV if you want older shows. the request section is excellent. both the TVTs have a lot of catching up to do before they get anywhere near

Sanka113
12-17-2007, 11:48 AM

Hehe, but its not only the strike. Its christmas now as well. So shows usually take a few weeks brake during this time.

If you need some recommendations just PM me your favorite shows and ill send you a list of shows you might want to take a close look at.

I am a Tv Maniac :whistling

Will do!

When you guys talk about the comparison between tvt and bmtv selection for older shows, how old are you talking about?

The Gladiator
12-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Nothing to say.... BitMeTV will be always BitMeTV [10] :)

DyNast
12-17-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm not a part of bitmetv (:(), but I'm pretty sure BitMeTV beats TVT... I mean, TVT is OK, but I don't think it's even coming close to BTMV...

Stranger99
12-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Tvt Staff is better but Bmtv content is better

kyrcer
12-17-2007, 02:12 PM
BitmeTV is awesome tracker. Being there is great. :P

Tristan
12-17-2007, 02:13 PM
If you don't have seedbox tv torrents is the best :) I love FL and full seasons

Trickology
12-17-2007, 02:19 PM
I like tvtorrents better for common shows, but if you want somthing rare you gota go to bitme. I also like the way tvtorrents is set up very organized easy to find what you want.

kyrcer
12-17-2007, 02:56 PM
If you don't have seedbox tv torrents is the best :) I love FL and full seasons

You don't need to have seedbox on bitmeTV. ;)

Tristan
12-17-2007, 03:46 PM
You don't need to have seedbox on bitmeTV. http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/wink.gif

yeap but if you don't have good connection you can forget about 10GB packs ;)

bikernin
12-17-2007, 03:50 PM
you cannot even think about jumping on the big files if you dont have a seedbox or a fast connection. best idea would be to get a popular series as soon as it releases from another tracker and seed it there. you will have the buffer you need by the end of the season.

Submission
12-17-2007, 05:39 PM
TvT + ScT + FTN + REVTT + TL = All you need :)

My seedbox maxes out in terms of speed on older torrents in TVT.

BMTV has better pre-times and more torrents.

Speed wise they are the same for new torrents.

kooftspc11
12-17-2007, 07:27 PM
I find TVT a pain to navigate around, I get the page not found error repeatedly when using this site, have to keep going back to previous page click again - sometimes have to do this 9 or 10 times. This is the only site I have this problem with but it is probably just something to do with my pc. BMTV on the other hands works like a dream, but like others have said it is more difficult to seed back to compared with TVT.

ill admit, tvt is set up fucking awful. worst tracker layout i've had to deal with. BUT bmtv is ALSO a pain in the ass to move around and find the shows that you want. i have to go through a three page process everytime i want to search an old sitcom

FatBob
12-17-2007, 07:44 PM
am i the only one using torrentleech for TV shows ? :D

bikernin
12-17-2007, 08:21 PM

no m8. TL rocks! only for rare shows, i use the others

FatBob
12-17-2007, 08:34 PM

no m8. TL rocks! only for rare shows, i use the others

yea same here . if its not on torrentleech i download from public trackers :) but TL has all the popular shows :whistling so i rarely use public trackers

kooftspc11
12-17-2007, 09:40 PM
speaking of which TVTorrents is down atm