PDA

View Full Version : seedbox users , do you hit and run ?

FatBob
12-17-2007, 08:52 PM
do you hit and run on torrents after buffering your account with a seedbox ? :unsure:

fish-strike
12-17-2007, 08:54 PM
no

BLaZiN
12-17-2007, 08:55 PM
:frusty:

FatBob
12-17-2007, 08:57 PM
:frusty:

:huh:

fstokebanget
12-17-2007, 08:58 PM
Why do ppl called it seedbox, because it has one purpose... to seed, no need to hit & run with seedbox, if you wanna do it don't have to buy a seedbox :)

Tokeman
12-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Why do ppl called it seedbox, because it has one purpose... to seed, no need to hit & run with seedbox, if you wanna do it don't have to buy a seedbox :)

I think he means after buffering your account with a seedbox, do you hit and run since you have a buffer...?

fOrUmAs
12-17-2007, 09:32 PM
well i dont have seedbox but also cant understand why would someone hit and run even if they have buffered acc..havent see any yet

IceTee
12-17-2007, 09:43 PM
well i dont have seedbox but also cant understand why would someone hit and run even if they have buffered acc..havent see any yet

+1

do you hit and run on torrents after buffering your account with a seedbox ? :unsure:

:huh: that makes absolutely no sense

clocktower
12-17-2007, 09:46 PM
NO!! hit N run seed to bleed thats wot torrenting is all about do it on my site and ur ass is outta there :lol:

fOrUmAs
12-17-2007, 09:50 PM
but the problem is that many users with seedbox overseeding and so others cant seedback what they downloaded..

you should open are u overseeding your torrents with seedboxes :P

it will be more intersting..but dont u have create one already :D

clocktower
12-17-2007, 09:52 PM
yuo could download torrentflux program and add it to ur database and use it from their thing is if your server company finds out...... oops!!

tweakz
12-17-2007, 10:07 PM
I don't think anybody would ADMIT IT!

yayyyyyy
12-17-2007, 11:14 PM
and many sites have strict seeding rules that apply to everybody... even to 10tb buffered accounts :P

Rumblin
12-17-2007, 11:22 PM
never, i go 1:1 then thats it

Cheffy
12-17-2007, 11:39 PM
No i do not hit and run, But with the ammount of torrents i actually leech, i cant keep up with the ratio.
I am a tv fan, think im currently following around 30+ tv shows, movies, music and i try out most of the hot games. So there is no way i can keep up with the ammount downloaded vs the ammount uploaded.

I dont hit an run, but there is few torrents thats going to pass 1:1 even if i seed them for 3 weeks. Single episodes i usualy remove after a week or two. Packs however i might seed for months. The oldest pack in utorrent is around 3 months old and got 300% in ratio on it. Seems pritty pointless though, when you can get 1000% ratio on any torrent on a box. But I like to think about all the new users that joins the site. That going to enjoy finding a old pack of a show they have been looking for.

singing_sol
12-17-2007, 11:44 PM
hit and run is best option for me

mrnobody
12-18-2007, 12:27 AM
hit and run is best option for me

:naughty:

bigdaddykane
12-18-2007, 01:47 AM
fatbob why hit and run even with a buffered acct the idea to torrenting is to seed back what you leach three times and more man even with a buffered acct hitting and running is no good .

N4riX
12-18-2007, 01:52 AM
hit and run. never have never will

Galva
12-18-2007, 03:07 AM
What the?

If the site has a hit'n'run policy you be will warned/banned. (seedbox is irrelevant)
If the site doesn't have a hit'n'run policy you will not be warned/banned. (seedbox is irrelevant)

Get the drift?

chillincool
12-18-2007, 03:16 AM
I usually close my torrent as soon as people stop downloading it after the initial upload :)

Artemis
12-18-2007, 03:41 AM
you would actually have to make an effort to hit & run off of a seedbox, as in hover over the torrent waiting for it to complete then delete it immediately, which is insane, by the time you download the file to your local pc via ftp it will be close to if not over a 1:1 ratio on the server anyway. The beauty of a seedbox is that all the seeding is done on a remote pc so that you have all of your local pc bandwidth available for other things. most torrent sites require 1:1 ratio or seeding for a certain amount of time , the beauty of buffering a/c's is that you can get older torrents at leisure without worrying about ratio, seed them for at least the time required then even if no one else has downloaded you have still done your bit. That is the main reason for buffering a/c's so that you can get what you want without worrying about your ratio, it makes it alot easier to just browse.

Cheffy
12-18-2007, 04:01 AM
you would actually have to make an effort to hit & run off of a seedbox, as in hover over the torrent waiting for it to complete then delete it immediately, which is insane, by the time you download the file to your local pc via ftp it will be close to if not over a 1:1 ratio on the server anyway. The beauty of a seedbox is that all the seeding is done on a remote pc so that you have all of your local pc bandwidth available for other things. most torrent sites require 1:1 ratio or seeding for a certain amount of time , the beauty of buffering a/c's is that you can get older torrents at leisure without worrying about ratio, seed them for at least the time required then even if no one else has downloaded you have still done your bit. That is the main reason for buffering a/c's so that you can get what you want without worrying about your ratio, it makes it alot easier to just browse.

I think he is thinking about what you do with the Buffer you get with your box.
When you leech torrents straight home and not trough the box.
I might be mistaking though:dabs:

Roark
12-18-2007, 04:02 AM
What the?

If the site has a hit'n'run policy you be will warned/banned. (seedbox is irrelevant)
If the site doesn't have a hit'n'run policy you will not be warned/banned. (seedbox is irrelevant)

Get the drift?

Every site has a ratio policy though. You can't hit and run on sites without a hit and run policy without a buffer. Some people require a seedbox to get a decent buffer. The connection isn't that complicated is it?

I do this by the way, use a friend's seedbox when I can to buffer my most used accounts, and then hnr when I wish. Of course, I dont use inferior trackers with hnr policies.

DownShift
12-18-2007, 04:34 AM
y the hell do u need to hit and run when uhve a seedbox.........

t0mmy
12-18-2007, 04:34 AM
it would be pretty low to hit and run with a seedbox lol..

Galva
12-18-2007, 04:52 AM
What the?

Get the drift?

Every site has a ratio policy though. You can't hit and run on sites without a hit and run policy without a buffer. Some people require a seedbox to get a decent buffer. The connection isn't that complicated is it?

I do this by the way, use a friend's seedbox when I can to buffer my most used accounts, and then hnr when I wish. Of course, I dont use inferior trackers with hnr policies.

Ahhh? I hit'n'run when I wish at home also...the seedbox is still irrelevant though, anyone can build a buffer on any connection...the OP's question is dumb was the point of that last post.

FatBob
12-18-2007, 05:39 AM
I think he is thinking about what you do with the Buffer you get with your box.
When you leech torrents straight home and not trough the box.
I might be mistaking though:dabs:

that is what i meant :happy:

you use your seedbox , help the site and its users to download faster and you pay to build a buffer , so dont you think you have a right to hit and run for the efforts you made in the first place to seedback and buffer your account when you no more own a box ?

i dont think many people are going to admit it :ermm: