PDA

View Full Version : Waffles over-cooked??

Schoolboystuff
12-17-2007, 10:37 PM
I look in the invites section & every other request is for waffles.

I have What & a couple of other Music Trackers - is Waffles that
special, or is it just the MUST have tracker of moment??

fOrUmAs
12-17-2007, 10:40 PM
nothing special for me at least..but they only have 18,853 members there,whatcd have more that 40K so everyone also looking waffle because they are open for few days now..

Schoolboystuff
12-17-2007, 10:45 PM
I see.......

Seems like some designer clothes, good to say you have it, even if they don't look that great.......

Polarbear
12-17-2007, 11:01 PM
I look in the invites section & every other request is for waffles.

I have What & a couple of other Music Trackers - is Waffles that
special, or is it just the MUST have tracker of moment??

you are asking if you need waffles?

of course you do. it's a great tracker for music lovers.

if you like what, you will love waffles.

whitmar
12-17-2007, 11:20 PM
I recently joined waffles and I'm amazed at how fast torrents are added. By the time I get to the bottom of one page and go to the next, a whole new page has filled up. I like the way it's organized too.

Night0wl
12-17-2007, 11:27 PM
I got a bad first impression of Waffles. I had two invites, used one and now have zero. If I didn't have anyone to invite I wouldn't care but I do, and every inquiry I have made, into what is up with that, goes unanswered.

Also I have downloaded some very disappointing rips from there.

So I can't really say I love waffles in any way.

magushun
12-17-2007, 11:37 PM
I think waffles is quite good. I use both what and waffles, sometimes i can only find sthing on only one of them, it is definitely worth looking for, if you love music (i do, ipod is always in my ear) its a cool sie.

Tbh, when its not freeleech its kinda suffering cos of the few leechers. : /

Rumblin
12-17-2007, 11:39 PM
what>waffles, has more active torrents i believe from the last time I checked

Grind$oFine
12-17-2007, 11:46 PM
What and Waffles are pretty much the same tracker.
They both have strengths and weaknesses
and they both fill each others gaps.

Waffles and What put together is like having the ultimate music tracker.

Personally, if you like music, I think all music trackers are worth getting.

Even OiNK had some low points that could easily be cured by #it or TT or whatever smaller tracker you choose, depending on your musical tastes.

ForbinsFace
12-18-2007, 12:06 AM
Honestly I think that Waffles will grow into a bigger and better tracker than What. It seems to have that oink feel and it keeps growing very quickly. They are very similar but it seems as though What has reached it's limit for time being, Waffles just got some new servers so they will get bigger in the next few weeks. I am using both and from what I've seen a lot more of the old oink users are on Waffles and are putting that stuff back up. I think that with time Waffles will be closer to what Oink originally was, if possible. I would say you need both though for the time being.

IceTee
12-18-2007, 12:15 AM

Even OiNK had some low points that could easily be cured by #it or TT or whatever smaller tracker you choose, depending on your musical tastes.

;) +1 :yup:

RayJuniored
12-18-2007, 12:31 AM
Of the 2, I'd take What over Waffles anyday. Sure, there are some features/ layout that I like about Waffles, but in the end... I always do my business at What.

Also, I've noticed, a lot of uploaded torrents have incorrect info and it's starting to make me sick. Stop labeling shit as V0, above 128 or whatever when it's not!!

singing_sol
12-18-2007, 01:08 AM
its like makin a diff b/w turkey and chicken

NYGiants
12-18-2007, 01:30 AM
waffles is by far the better of the rest atm

pbjabba
12-18-2007, 01:40 AM
Well i only got waffles yesterday so i can make an objective decision yet. So far i'd say i like What better because of the larger user base. Now that waffles is on the new server i reckon they'd be getting alot of new member soon as well tho

magushun
12-18-2007, 01:44 AM
dont forget that what is moving to their new project sometime... the competition is going to be more exciting that day...

Ænima
12-18-2007, 01:57 AM
If you have one, you don't need the other. Don't stress about getting a waffles invite.

fOrUmAs
12-18-2007, 02:22 AM
If you have one, you don't need the other.

its better to have both then one:P

and its easy to get in on both sites atm dont no abouth later

locodice
12-18-2007, 02:56 AM
if you have what you don't need waffles, period.

orfik
12-18-2007, 05:30 AM

That's like saying if you have a blonde you don't need a brunette. SILLY GOOSE. :D

I love FLAC, so for the time being I love Waffles. But What gave me Von Brigði. But Libble gave me Heima uncompressed! :w00t:

Schoolboystuff
12-18-2007, 07:07 AM
Cheers for the debate guys.......

Still enjoying What & supporting the new community, but from some comments, appears that waffles is also strong, so I wish them both every success.

mee2wo
12-18-2007, 07:28 AM

Agreed but it's better to have both.:yup:

Hopefully Waffles & What will = oink

ForbinsFace
12-18-2007, 07:32 AM
for the record, chicken is better than turkey (unless drowned in good gravy) and brunettes are far better than blondes :)

FatBob
12-18-2007, 07:59 AM
i was at oink , but after oink got shutdown i never went after another music tracker because i know no other trackers can come close to oink in atleast two years

IMHO waffles should increase their userbase , think about the leecher/seeder activity in oink . it cant be achieved unless they decide to increase the members !

orfik
12-18-2007, 08:10 AM
for the record, chicken is better than turkey (unless drowned in good gravy) and brunettes are far better than blondes :)

Boy, you must be crazy.

TP635
12-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Just wondering; would I be wrong to say that more than 80% of waffles members are also members of What?

Polarbear
12-18-2007, 11:06 AM
everyone who says you need only one has only one.

orfik
12-18-2007, 11:31 AM
I need six.

SavageLSU
12-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Sorry guys is this has been asked before, but since this thread pretty much consistently mentions these websites, what better place to ask? What is waffles, what, and oink?

orfik
12-18-2007, 12:54 PM
They're private bittorrent trackers devoted almost exclusively to music. Oink was the largest and most visible until it was capsized in a diabolical coup orchestrated by Interpol, IFPI, and BPI, much to the chagrin of myself and upwards of one-hundred thousand others. What.cd and Waffles.fm were the answer to the inevitable power vacuum: two complementary trackers rising to prominence almost simultaneously in a daring bid to become the most powerful music oriented bittorrent tracker the world has ever seen. But there can be only one...

I AM IMMORTAL, I HAVE INSIDE ME BLOOD OF KINGS (YEAH!)

Defy
12-18-2007, 03:29 PM

Agreed! :yup:

With both trackers combined, there hasn't been anything I couldn't find.