PDA

View Full Version : uTorrent cannot run with hosting-ie

fstokebanget
12-18-2007, 11:56 AM
Hi, just now utorrent in my hosting-ie VPS just shut down itself, when I try to relaunch it, it just keep close itself. Anyone know what's happen ?

thanks

Stranger99
12-18-2007, 12:00 PM
Strange,Me is at hosting ie and having no probs with latest utorrent :D

fstokebanget
12-18-2007, 12:12 PM
I use the latest utorrent also, has been running without problems all these time, how do I erase all uTorrent preferences both in disk and registry ?

thanks

BlueLabel
12-18-2007, 02:37 PM
hosting works fine for me too

thechile
12-18-2007, 04:30 PM
no problems for me with uTorrent on hosting-ie... did you reboot the vps and it still happens ?

fstokebanget
12-19-2007, 03:34 AM
yes I did, I even removed all uTorrent & its preferences in Documents and Settings folder before rebooted

fstokebanget
12-19-2007, 03:53 PM
this is very frustating, until now I cannot get my vps running utorrent at all, could someone here help me ?

thanks

filonome
12-19-2007, 04:22 PM
try a different client and see if that works, azureus isnt bad.

thechile
12-19-2007, 04:36 PM
if you are logging in to the VPS via RDP on a windows box, have you tried logging into the console rather than just a TS session?

start->run.. enter mstsc.exe /v:x.x.x.x:3389 /console where x.x.x.x is your VPS IP address.

once logged in this way, launch utorrent again and maybe some more useful info will be shown. Sometimes error msg's only go to the console session and get missed.

fLo

fstokebanget
12-19-2007, 04:51 PM
haven't try that thechile, actually I'm really grateful for this useful information, I've been searching the way to log in to Win 2003 console but haven't found yet. I'll try

filonome, I think running azureus on a vps is a bad option, it'll consume a great number of resources

edit :sorry thechile, lol...maybe I'm too exiting, just realize that I have no mstsc.exe program since I'm on Mac, is there any substitute program on Mac OS Terminal to replace that ?

thechile
12-19-2007, 07:53 PM
never used it but this looks about right http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/download/MISC/RDC2.0_Public_Beta_download.xml

fstokebanget
12-20-2007, 08:44 AM
I really don't understand, I haven't found the Mac version of the program you told me thechile, but I tried to download uTorrent 1.7.5 from the other site I found in Google (forgot its name), remove all the installed utorrent preferences, restart the VPS, install this same version of uTorrent but from different resource, and it works very well right now. Really don't get it, because I've done the same thing b4, just different version number downloaded from utorrent official site, but none of them could worked. Now I'm seeding again in F*N :naughty: ;)

fstokebanget
12-21-2007, 07:16 PM
if you are logging in to the VPS via RDP on a windows box, have you tried logging into the console rather than just a TS session?

start->run.. enter mstsc.exe /v:x.x.x.x:3389 /console where x.x.x.x is your VPS IP address.

once logged in this way, launch utorrent again and maybe some more useful info will be shown. Sometimes error msg's only go to the console session and get missed.

fLo

thechile, just wanna inform you and the other guys using Mac OS, there are another programs to Remote Desktop Windows, they are TSclientX and CoRD. This TSclientX could also display console mode like mstsc.exe /v:x.x.x.x:3389 /console does. It uses X11 but skinned with Aqua