PDA

View Full Version : are traders a dying breed?

Polarbear
12-18-2007, 12:12 PM
i noticed that more and more people stop trading and become ex trader.

i also noticed that many members don't trade from the beginning.

the majority of bt users on fst are non traders (see my poll).

i think it's a good development.

people realise that it's better to be with the trackers and not against them and their rules.

i have the impression that some traders get a little nervous because they're afraid that they don't find trade partner anymore ;-)

it's always good to see new fst members who are against trading.

you will be the future user of the real good trackers.

one day you will look down on traders and laugh at them, because they still try to trade for a site that you got for free :)

hey traders: go and spam this thread or are you embarrased? fight for your right to break site rules :lol:

p.s. traders hate publicity and to post in tracker forums, it's the constant fear of being caught and disabled :shifty:
they only feel comfortable in the invite section.
that's why i doubt any of them will comment.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/Bupatih/Smiley/Borat.gif

medo
12-18-2007, 12:14 PM
I hope they do what they say

wheeloftime
12-18-2007, 12:23 PM
the majority of bt users on fst are non traders (see my poll).

p.s. traders hate publicity and to post in tracker forums, it's the constant fear of being caught and disabled :shifty:
they only feel comfortable in the invite section.
that's why i doubt any of them will comment.

These two things are connected in my opinion. There are new traders every day but most will never venture outside the invite section. I am not saying that trading is a good thing, but simply that if you carried out the same poll in the invite section the results might be very different.

sert
12-18-2007, 12:26 PM
It all depends how everyone sees it

Others prefer to kiss ass or post ass kissing videos on youtube in order to get ftn

On the other hand there are some other members who don't want to beg to get into ftn or wait forever to be invited without ass kissing or posting a thread full of lies (like I love the community feeling - and once they got invited, they never post in the forums).

These members prefer to get into ftn (or sct or ftwr) without ass kissing or creating a thread full of lies; they trade a buffered account or a couple of invites instead. This is again the trackers' rules, but you may consider that begging or similar is against their life rules and they will never do it, as I never did it, although I got ftn for free ;)

bikernin
12-18-2007, 01:10 PM
you dont need to beg to get into higher level sites. there are giveaways of high level trackers from time to time where you can participate. if you are a good member, and help people out its not that hard to get these invites. even i got a few high level trackers for free and i got them mainly because of the friends i made more than anything else. so i dont consider that trading is a more dignified option as you suggest.
with trackers getting stricter and stricter, surely we will see fewer traders around. especially in a public forum like this where everyone can see what is happening. but there are other places they can go do that. so yes, looks like the trading graph is declining in fst. but you only need to look through the invites section to note that they are not anywhere close to extinction

Sylar666
12-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Dying breed? No, they are not. They survive and always stay with us. It is human nature...And some people cannot imagine but trading to grab the long - wished invite to the target - tracker. Either they aren't creative enough, or think this path is faster. Building trust and make friends are the only way to get in, IMHO. In the long run that is the only way. But i do not despise traders. I got lots of buddies among them. They are no inferior or less precious in any way.

kyrcer
12-18-2007, 01:31 PM
They are always chasing and looking for fresh gain. :P

Building trust and make friends are the only way to get in

couldn't say it better :)

FatBob
12-18-2007, 01:32 PM
i donno why people trade accounts , if you are a good user in the sites you use it wont be hard at all finding invites .

am new here , and i kept hearing about this site sct , so i asked a friend of mine about the tracker and he said it was a 0day site like Torrentleech with pretty much the same content , he even offered an invite :) . . but i rejected the invite since i already have torrentleech .

so why do people trade accounts ? doesnt all the scene trackers have the same content ? i know some are different . but here some people have 10+ 0day sites !

RainRoofer
12-18-2007, 01:33 PM
If your theory is correct, there wouldn't be Invites section. I would like it to be true but it isn't, and I doubt will it ever be as long bt tracker userbase is based by inviting ppl in.

mrnobody
12-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Dying breed? No, they are not. They survive and always stay with us. It is human nature...And some people cannot imagine but trading to grab the long - wished invite to the target - tracker. Either they aren't creative enough, or think this path is faster. Building trust and make friends are the only way to get in, IMHO. In the long run that is the only way. But i do not despise traders. I got lots of buddies among them. They are no inferior or less precious in any way.

:yup:

znik
12-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Polarbear I think it's a bit naive to believe that all the anti-traders don't have multiple FST accounts or don't trade elsewhere...

I had invited people that had crystal clear background here, and yet they forwarded my invite for trade elsewhere the next moment.

Of course nobody would trust a trader for a free invite to f*n, so the best solution would be a dedicated FST account for those needs, along with poems or nice video-clip requests.

I think we should distinguish between sincere and insincere FST members, rather than traders and antitraders.

A lot of people understand that they cannot get the rare trackers even by trading. So, they create a new FST identity, pure clear of trades and add a signature with antitrading content, or they even create an "antitrading forum" to enroll antitraders with high rated invites.

If you had to choose between these 2 as your friend, what would you prefer?
A sincere trader or an insincere non-trader?
Personally I would prefer the 1st one.

Sylar666
12-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Once again U hit the (s)nail on the head, Mr. Znik. Agree - 100 %.:)

YoYoY
12-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Polarbear I think it's a bit naive to believe that all these anti-traders don't have multiple FST accounts or don't trade elsewhere...

I had invited people that had crystal clear background here, and yet they forwarded my invite for trade elsewhere the next moment.

Of course nobody would trust a trader for a free invite to f*n, so the best solution would be a dedicated FST account for those needs, along with poems or nice video-clip requests.

I think we should distinguish between sincere and insincere FST members, rather than traders and antitraders.

A lot of people understand that they cannot get the rare trackers even by trading. So, they create a new FST identity, pure clear of trades and add a signature with antitrading content, or they even create an "antitrading forum" to enroll antitraders with high rated invites.

+1

Artemis
12-18-2007, 02:39 PM
I also agree znik, I have run into people with multiple a/c's here, one a trading a/c the other an antitrader a/c with with slogans slapped all over it, and have been around long enough to see the scam 'anti-trading ' forums come & go hurting good peoples reputations in the process. It is part of the reason for some of the rage I see from traders, that there are two faced people out there scamming away while trying to look innocent. There are alot of members here who don't even post polarbear, their business is conducted in pm, you only find out they are active if they scam someone during a trade and then you find out a member you have never heard of is a scammer as 3 or 4 more people chime in saying yeah he scammed me or don't trust him.
There are two sides to the coin, in some ways the traders are more honest than those who run around saying oh no I dont trade while carrying on trading a/c's , but in the end the whole I will do anything I want to get the next tracker is kind of pointless and if you look at the spirit of most tracker rules they say invite people you trust, for the very simple reason that they would like trustworthy members themselves, so lying cheating scamming etc aren't really the kinds of things they really need from members. But then trading brings about scamming & this is another & in some ways more cruel thing to do to users as well, so in the spirit of the tracker rules, only invite people you know well & trust, this is the real way to cut down on scamming and cheating, I realise it is hard to make that judgement on a public forum and I myself have been burnt for trusting the wrong person but you live & learn, and are more careful the next time.

Defy
12-18-2007, 03:20 PM
I don't believe that traders will ever become a dying breed, the human nature is far too impatient.

iNSOMNiA
12-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Yet another moot thread..

sear
12-18-2007, 03:31 PM
I don't believe that traders will ever become a dying breed, the human nature is far too impatient.

Agreed, there's also the problem of communication. Many people don't have the ability to make friends over the internet where writing is the main form of communication. It makes it hard for them to get invites so they resort to trading. The sad fact is that it's here to stay.

znik and Artemis make good points about there being many people with multiple accounts. There are way too many collectors waving around the flag of anti-trading for people you don't know to be taken at their word.

Patriot foreve
12-18-2007, 03:39 PM
It seems that you are living in an illusion ,Traders are always around and they are in great numbers but to answer your question abt why u say u don't see alot of them so let me list some facts being connected and friends with alarge number of traders

Alot of traders (most of them) got fed up by the racist ass kissers Anti-Traders so they no longer bother with this kind of stupid topics which only aim is to flame traders so they just let you talk as much as you want since you don't have nothing except talk and ass kissing and attacking traders sothat a Comrep here or there sees you and give you an invite when u beg for it

A large portion of traders have left fst trading section to more safer and quiter forums since fst is currently marked as code red for traders mainly due to the presence of alot of spies,ComReps and lame anti-traders who tries to sabotage their threads

some also don't trade except in pm's as it's much safer so those are not visible for you but they are many

some also have followed the flow in here by adopting the anti-trading concept since it seems easier now to get into some places after claiming to be anti-trader

Personally for me and alot of my friends don't have any problems against (Non-Traders) because it's their choice and they respect others as well and they mind their own business and they don't act like racists and some bricks like (Anti-Traders) do

as for your previous poll ,you know that the results you got isn't accurate and it's very easy to manipulate poll results ,TBH calling for 100 Traders to vote in that thread will turn it upside down

as for your bold sentence and the p.s after in your main post ,i could only say that i find it really pathetic ,it seems that you only want to flame things in here and trying to harass traders :(

stroj
12-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Completly agree with znik.

Few months ago, there wasnt this anti-trading phaenomen, thats why trading was more popular and "on-the ground". Now ppl come and see all this threads full of hate, no wonder they choose anti-trading way to make friends etc.

This PM i recieved few days ago:

hello
im a new user out here at who is currently looking to make friends to start my long journey out here at fst. hope u help me out in it.
would love to have you as a friend.
nicole..
n ya initially im not looking for invite..just a friend.. hope u realise that..lolz
.. its sick
I dont like traders. but tbh i preffer them over hyppocrites who pretend to be your "friends", but in reallity they are assholes/collectors/cheaters.

Before: more traders
Now: more fakers

mrnobody
12-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Polarbear I think it's a bit naive to believe that all the anti-traders don't have multiple FST accounts or don't trade elsewhere...

i agree!!!

i would prefer sincere trader :)

and to add up my thoughts, this place is getting lamer and lamer each day because of so called "anti-trader". . First, they spam each and every thread with "anti-trader" motto as "trading is bad", "trading is against site rule" etc. While everyone has freedom of speech i think they should consider not to offend others. Secondly, it's PATHETIC how a trader will get thrashed 1000 times for one small mistake meanwhile a guy with anti-trader sig is easily forgiven. And, last not but the least, I am SICK of people asking (and mainly handing invite) for being anti-trader. Being anti-trader does not prove anything at all. Unless i know these anti-trader personally...i often doubt they have second account going on, have had bad history (like trading), or even worst: call themself anti-trader just to get high lvl invites got free.

Eeel
12-18-2007, 04:16 PM
isnt this a place to trade invites and accounts ?

YoYoY
12-18-2007, 05:26 PM
I have friends traders and i respect them all and they respect me
i don't hate traders but i don't trade.......it's not a war between traders and anti-traders

nkhlsrf
12-18-2007, 06:34 PM
thank god tht they a dying breed...hav been wishing tht since it strtd lolz

fazzy07
12-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Its an individuals choice to take the path of trading or non-trading

One should just keep it to himself and show it through its work

I believe an honest person (be it trader or non-trader) will always have more success then a scammer or cheater

peace

Sylar666
12-18-2007, 06:47 PM
...with Your amazingly abundant experience, Miss Noob...U are pathetic, and stop flaming. Get some experience before U judge, noob. U are nowhere near in a position to flame around. Chill out.

stroj
12-18-2007, 06:56 PM
...with Your amazingly abundant experience, Miss Noob...U are pathetic, and stop flaming. Get some experience before U judge, noob. U are nowhere near in a position to flame around. Chill out.

lol its actually guy who i was talking about http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-are-traders-dying-breed-post2509400/postcount19
It's his pm.

Something Else
12-18-2007, 07:16 PM
They are dying out as they all have teh bad aids.

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/4684/comp1ri0.gif (http://imageshack.us)

-b3ta-

pone44
12-18-2007, 08:13 PM
trading is dead on track- that state it in the rules to me! Giveaways to good members w- permission is ok, i would think, but what sites(above level 1 allow giveaways????) i really am not sure?

Actatoi
12-18-2007, 08:20 PM
trading is dead on track- that state it in the rules to me! Giveaways to good members w- permission is ok, i would think, but what sites(above level 1 allow giveaways????) i really am not sure?

Check out Grind$oFine's thread about tracker invite rules. And not many tracker allow giveaways in public forum, not even invitation only forums. Though most people on FST does not seem to care about that :whistling

Sylar666
12-18-2007, 08:41 PM

lol its actually guy who i was talking about http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-are-traders-dying-breed-post2509400/postcount19
It's his pm.
Hehe..Nice to get my word confirmed, Stroj, Brada! Kudos 2 U!:naughty:So she's a nice little Lady, called Nicole, and uses this awful word: "lolz"...And of course she happens to be negligent of the fact, that our Stroj - what a coincidence - happens to be some Blackcats - Boss.:) Poor Lady - I'm sure she does NOT like games. Gotcha, Nicole...At least try not to be hypocrite in the future.

AmpeD
12-18-2007, 08:55 PM
i don't hate traders but i don't trade.......it's not a war between traders and anti-traders

i have friends that dont give a shit, and are more concerned about getting laid
:P
most people say they are non traders because they have nothing to trade, and people that have good trackers dont need to trade b/c they already have the good trackers

LoKaLiRi
12-18-2007, 09:24 PM
I am NOT a trader but NOT an anti-trader either

:yup: From Squirr3l Sign ====> that's i am

dj_strix
12-18-2007, 09:32 PM

i have friends that dont give a shit, and are more concerned about getting laid
:P
most people say they are non traders because they have nothing to trade, and people that have good trackers dont need to trade b/c they already have the good trackers

I agree with ampeD

Artemis
12-18-2007, 09:39 PM
ahhh and now we have a new scamming phenomenon too, to get invites 'the new girl on the block' scam who really hates traders ffs, even that one is getting old, as znik made the point underneath everyones stance or beliefs it is the scamming, lying and cheating that goes on that is the real cancer, it makes people more wary (& weary) of others.
But polarbear your 'polls' and threads do seem to be designed to bait traders in particular, this won't change people's choice to trade or not and it is a choice as others have said, and I do agree with the traders some of the begging around here is beginning to get sickening !