PDA

View Full Version : What Do To With .bin Files?

NeonG
07-25-2003, 03:27 AM
Got myself to this tutorial here: http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/...e_with_nero.cfm (http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/bin_cue_with_nero.cfm) and can't make heads or tails out of it! Can someone PLEASE explain this in idiot's terms? I already have the latest Nero. Can't I just burn the downloaded file right to the CD?

Gre1
07-25-2003, 03:49 AM
I didn't read it but burning .bins and .cues with nero is simple they should post a pinned topic about this look all u do is go to file>burn image then go to the destinatioon of the .cue folder make sure the .bin is in the same folder

NeonG
07-25-2003, 03:54 AM
Couple questions:

1: The .cue is the file I downloaded that tells Kazaa where to download the ACTUAL file, right? That file being the .bin file.

2: I have to download another copy of the .cue file for this to work, right?

3: The ONLY thing I need to make sure of is that they are in the same folder and Nero will do the rest for me, right?

toddiscool
07-25-2003, 03:57 AM
Idiot guide in the link in my signature, it is idiot proof it so easy to use.

NeonG
07-25-2003, 04:21 AM
It may be, but it doesen't answer my questions or discuss putting a .bin ON TO a CD.

Now, can't I just burn the .bin DIRECTLY on to the CD?

balamm
07-25-2003, 04:27 AM
Try afterdawn.com

If there isn't an obvious link at their site, look through the forums for what you want.
The site is dedicated to burning CD's/ DVD's , especiall movies, but it's quite similar.

NeonG
07-25-2003, 04:48 AM
No help there. That site is where the above link came from.

I caught a reference that only Nero needs the .cue to make it work properly. If I got a different CD-burning program, would I be able to just burn the .bin DIRECTLY onto the CD and have it work properly?

toddiscool
07-25-2003, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by NeonG@25 July 2003 - 05:21
It may be, but it doesen't answer my questions or discuss putting a .bin ON TO a CD.

What are you talking about fella, you want to use a diffrent program well the link that i gvae you is all about that. You want to put the bin directly on the cd, what like data, then it is just a bin on a cd, same as it is on your hardrive, it will not work to run the game from. What do you want to do?

Adster
07-25-2003, 05:17 AM
I hate bin files with passion to much work not able to preview them either I convet bin files to ISI with Winiso much easier

NeonG
07-25-2003, 05:29 AM
:blink: Getting late... ugh

All I want is a SIMPLE step-by-step for making a .bin into a working game CD. :angry:

Now, I've got the full .BIN file downloaded into My Shared Folder. From what I've tried to glean from all this info is that I needed another copy of the file I downloaded into My Shared Folder to get the actual download started. I got that and opened it with Notepad. It showed me a buttload of those stupid squares and a jumbled filename down at the bottom.

Now, where do I go from here?

toddiscool
07-25-2003, 05:33 AM
Please man read the material given to you, in the link in my signature there is a very easy to follow 1,2,3 guide there. All that you need is the bin file, not the the cue or the nfo file. Please read sugestions, we try and help but sometimes it gets very hard, when you do not listen to us. DO you want me to paste the complete guide in here?

NeonG
07-25-2003, 05:41 AM
You state near the top: "You do not need a .cue to burn a .bin file. The .cue file is only needed for NERO."

I'm using NERO. So what do I do with the .cue?

And how does converting it to ISI make things easier?

toddiscool
07-25-2003, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by NeonG@25 July 2003 - 05:48
I caught a reference that only Nero needs the .cue to make it work properly. If I got a different CD-burning program, would I be able to just burn the .bin DIRECTLY onto the CD and have it work properly?
You asked for diffrent programs. The converting to iso is there incase CDRwin will not burn the bin, some it will not.

I also think that you may be confused as to what a bin is. Read this pinned topic on them (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=12710)

In short you cannot just burn a bin onto a cd. How about his, just follow the steps. If it does not work then say it is stupid.

Xilo
07-25-2003, 05:48 AM
If you use Nero and have the .cue and .bin file, load up Nero Express. Then click on Disc image or saved project. Then in the File Type drop down list, scroll till you find iso/cue/nrg. Then navigate to where the .cue file is and open that. Then in the next window press Next... People need to learn how to RTFM...

NeonG
07-25-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Xilo@25 July 2003 - 05:48
If you use Nero and have the .cue and .bin file, load up Nero Express. Then click on Disc image or saved project. Then in the File Type drop down list, scroll till you find iso/cue/nrg.  Then navigate to where the .cue file is and open that. Then in the next window press Next... People need to learn how to RTFM...
Now we're getting somewhere. This is language I can understand. :)

Now, I guess my next question should be how do I GET a .cue file? I'm in the directory where I have what I THINK is one, and I have the proper file type selected, but it's not there. :(

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.

balamm
07-25-2003, 06:04 AM
K-lite forum is NOT the official Nero support forum!!!

PLease look here for your answers>>>

Help System
http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#c1002822798638

Sitemap

http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#csitemap

How to guides

Click in the field which leads you to a page
where you can download .PDF files explaining
how to...

http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#c1034059030144

Or here >>

http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/...e_with_nero.cfm (http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/bin_cue_with_nero.cfm)

Burning BIN/CUE Images with Nero Burning Rom
Created: 14/Feb/2002  Last updated: 31/May/2002

BIN/CUE image format is quite common on the Internet. It might seem that finding an appropriate software for burning these images is quite hard. Luckily, it's not. In addition to Golden Hawk CDRWin, the original software for BIN/CUE format, you can also use Nero Burning Rom to burn the images.

Please make sure that you have the latest version of Nero (at least 5.5.8.2) before proceeding.

Verify the CUE-sheet and open it with Nero
Before doing anything else you have to verify that the path in the CUE-sheet is correct. A CUE-sheet is a plaintext file describing the structure and the location of the BIN-file. You can open up the .CUE -file using, for example, Notepad.

The file should look something like this:

FILE "IMAGE.BIN" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

Usually the CUE-filename and the BIN-filename have the same body -- e.g. IMAGE. All you need to do is verify that there is no path information on the
FILE "IMAGE.BIN" BINARY
-line. Ie. it should not read e.g.
FILE "C:\TEMP\IMAGE.BIN" BINARY
If there is any path information on the line, just remove it so that you have just the name of the .BIN-file as in the example above. Also make sure that the name of the .BIN in the CUE-sheet is the same as the actual .BIN file you have on hard-disk.

Next load Nero Burning Rom and choose File, Burn Image....

Load the CUE-sheet in Nero
Choose the Files of Type: dropdown menu and select All Files *.*. Next just locate the .CUE file, select it and click Open. Make sure you select the .CUE -file, not the .BIN -file.

Burn the image
All you have to do then is choose the writing speed, select the Disc-At-Once Write Method, and click Write.

That's it! After a couple of minutes you'll have a CD with the BIN/CUE Image written on it.

Notice! Nero is not capable of handling all kinds of BIN/CUE Images. If you have problems using Nero for your image file, you should take a look at CDRWin instead.

RealitY
07-25-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by NeonG@25 July 2003 - 05:48
Errrrrrrr...

NO, not as data.
Just select to do it as an image file.