PDA

View Full Version : Call Centres

Something Else
12-19-2007, 05:00 PM
British Gas has the sweetest Scottish lassies working on their phones it's a pleasure complaining to them. :smilie4:

BeThere Internet have Funny Bulgarian's who aren't half bad either. :lol:

BT. Takes 5 hours to queue then your cut-off so no comment. :dabs:

Alien5
12-19-2007, 05:12 PM
The best time to phone BT is in the morning before the cue bulds up.

Something Else
12-19-2007, 05:55 PM
The best time to call BT is never.
Morn or Night the queue has nowt to do with people calling. It's just a game they play. They really don't answer the phones at all and prefer you to use their website. :dabs:

Mr. Mulder
12-19-2007, 06:32 PM
i ewesed to wurk for BT :sneaky:

chalice
12-19-2007, 07:20 PM
I do the wages for a call centre of 2000 plus monkeys.

They're all call monkeys who must get their bunch of bananas every fortnight.

They count their bananas good though.

Cunts.

Mr. Mulder
12-19-2007, 07:22 PM
where i work there's a call centre consisting of 5 wimins, all they do is log problems and ask us to do things and stuffs :emo:

Sextent
12-19-2007, 07:28 PM
I do the wages for a call centre of 2000 plus monkeys.

They're all call monkeys who must get their bunch of bananas every fortnight.

They count their bananas good though.

Cunts.

You still off the weed.

chalice
12-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Yep, but even when I was on it, every second Friday was like The Taking Of Pelham 123 and Dog Day Afternoon with Assault on Precinct 13.

You gets the dregs in call centres. Well here you do anyways.

I have met some interesting human beings but a huge amount of pond-scum.

Biggles
12-20-2007, 01:00 AM
Norwich Union have nice Indian blokes called Charlie and Sam and the like who are for the most part incomprehensible to my Scottish ears - likewise I can hear them thinking "Oh Fuck! a bloody ethnic Celt I'm gubbed!" Took me 15 bastarding minutes to change my car insurance all they needed was the new registration and confirmation of the car details. :ermm: If I could be arsed I would change to someone else.

CrabGirl
12-20-2007, 09:47 AM
We've got the best call centre staff in the world and regularly win awards for our service. Other than Christmas you very rarely have to queue, and are then dealt with by happy, well informed, intelligent, polite and wonderful staff.
I'm in a different department now but I am proud of our "call centre monkeys" and proud of the fact that I worked as one.

chalice
12-20-2007, 10:33 AM
We've got the best call centre staff in the world and regularly win awards for our service. Other than Christmas you very rarely have to queue, and are then dealt with by happy, well informed, intelligent, polite and wonderful staff.
I'm in a different department now but I am proud of our "call centre monkeys" and proud of the fact that I worked as one.

I'm glad that your experience of call centres has been a positive one. This hasn't happened to me though.

The company I work for provides outsource solutions for various businesses. There would be up to 20 campaigns in operation at any one time. It's just an extension of the YTP. The average age of a call adviser is 18 and this would usually be the person's first job. They literally still think they're in school.

The company requires no formal qualifications to employ it's staff and provide one week's training for any campaign, regardless of the level of expertise required for the role. Invest NI awarded the company £4 million last year. This is three quarters of the annual wage bill. All profits are sent directly to the mother company in India so don't even get chance to get a dip in our economy.

In the last year alone, close to 50 employees have been arrested and investigated for fraud. One team on a singular campaign, fraudulently sequestered £40,000 in illegally acquired mobile phones. A manager was arrested for stealing the sports lights on a colleague of mine's car. This was a manager ffs.

I could go on but it would only depress me.

CrabGirl
12-20-2007, 10:49 AM

I'm glad that your experience of call centres has been a positive one. This hasn't happened to me though.

The company I work for provides outsource solutions for various businesses. There would be up to 20 campaigns in operation at any one time. It's just an extension of the YTP. The average age of a call adviser is 18 and this would usually be the person's first job. They literally still think they're in school.

The company requires no formal qualifications to employ it's staff and provide one week's training for any campaign, regardless of the level of expertise required for the role. Invest NI awarded the company £4 million last year. This is three quarters of the annual wage bill. All profits are sent directly to the mother company in India so don't even get chance to get a dip in our economy.

In the last year alone, close to 50 employees have been arrested and investigated for fraud. One team on a singular campaign, fraudulently sequestered £40,000 in illegally acquired mobile phones. A manager was arrested for stealing the sports lights on a colleague of mine's car. This was a manager ffs.

I could go on but it would only depress me.

You work for a shit company that doesn't care about it's staff or it's customers. Get another job with a company that treats it's staff like humans instead of bums on seats.

My experience with the company I work for now has mostly been positive but I have also worked for two telecoms providers (both horrendous) and OnDigital that went bust because of it's gross mismanagement so I know the pure hell which is call-centre at it's worst. :sick:

Biggles
12-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Some call centres are really good and really helpful others are just awful. The old Commercial Union (which was bought by the Norwich) were really good and had cover notes and forms on the mat by the next day. I really liked them.

I can't tell whether the Indian ones are good or bad because I only catch one word in three and by the end I am so irate I just want to get off the phone.

clocker
12-20-2007, 11:06 AM
I can't tell whether the Indian ones are good or bad because I only catch one word in three and by the end I am so irate I just want to get off the phone.
Judging by the Scottish jokes recently posted by JP I can only imagine the language barrier that must be overcome.
Basically, you have two people for whom English is a second language struggling to solve a technical problem.

Comedy gold.

Biggles
12-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Judging by the Scottish jokes recently posted by JP I can only imagine the language barrier that must be overcome.
Basically, you have two people for whom English is a second language struggling to solve a technical problem.

Comedy gold.

:( Only for those listening in - the participants are in their own unique purgatory.

dinsdale
12-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Do call centers ever need to call other call centers? Or does the world explode if that happens?

Barbarossa
12-20-2007, 05:55 PM
All the fecking time :angry:

Sextent
12-20-2007, 06:34 PM

Just left half six.