PDA

View Full Version : Is Torrenting Sort Of Addiction

svergie
12-19-2007, 10:03 PM
*****Guys and Freinds , Since 1 year seen many and many guys addicted to torrent trading , some people think that their future is in FST. Is FST an addict. Well,this is more or less leads to Drugs addict type. Some people cry for torrents, and lots and lots of stories. One has to realize that this is not Future, its just a time pass, Some people take this as hobby.. So please freinds, do what ever in smart way.**********

*** Please Dont Think it Otherwise.************

sleepyy
12-19-2007, 10:31 PM
I look i like i download if the community is good and i enjoy it i join in

Cheffy
12-19-2007, 10:33 PM
I am not addected to torrents.. I spend some time on forums and torrents each day. Even spend money on a box. But this is becouse this is a hobby i enjoy.

The time i spend here i could ofcouse do something contructive. But I know myslef well enough to know that i would probobly just spend that time infornt of the tv zaping between all sorts of crappy reruns and so so movies.

I do beleve that some people here might be addicted, and put way to much time and energy into this. But we have to chose for ourself what we want to do with our lifes.
Imange how far human kind would have reached if we learnd form other peoples mistakes?

Necronomicon
12-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Cheffy 4 President! I agree with each and every word.

svergie
12-19-2007, 10:50 PM
nice thoughts guys,, interesting views

fazzy07
12-19-2007, 10:59 PM
I was addicted to torrenting a while back for about a month or two

Result was I got many trackers and invites and suffered in my 1st midterms

So had to kick my ass myself and get back to real life and got my act together during the other 2 months of the semester

Now, I ll just keep it as a hobby and make the best of what you have

Well said cheffy, learned it the hard way

Who the hell cares about how many posts you have in fst. It wont feed you

SiNa
12-19-2007, 11:04 PM
"Guys and Freinds" lol

didnt we have a thread about this?
anyways imo downloading pirated software, movies, music, etc and SHARING in general is addictive. currently the best one right now is bittorrent, so yeah its addictive

Night0wl
12-19-2007, 11:50 PM
I think that with all addictions to choose from, sharing is a pretty decent one :)

TriviuM
12-20-2007, 01:06 AM
Sorry but.. im Addicted :P I Loe This Shit

magushun
12-20-2007, 01:30 AM
well, im getting addicted, it started faaaaaaaaaaaaar back in time, but i've started to look around again 2 months ago, I've managed to get inside all the trackers I would ever need, those which fulfil my needs in music, movies, even managed to find those contents i would never imagined they could exist outside those hdds of those guys who are in the inside ring (i dont mean those high lvl torrent sites, i mean for example director pupils, when i look for rare movies), and im completely happy with what i've reached. Considering that I have other things to do, im about to quit this, and live happy with these trackers, and enjoying the content, regardless if its a zomgwtfsohigh lvl tracker or just a still open signup tracker.

DannyGnXz
12-20-2007, 02:13 AM
me: Hello, my name is Dan and I'm an addict.

everyone: HI DAN!

me: Its been 9 minutes since my last refresh.

Come on, everyone has gone through this once before. Everything in moderation, thats the motto.

dineshreddy
12-20-2007, 03:15 AM
yes it's surely a sort of addition ,now i personally can't live w/o torrent sites

raj3186
12-20-2007, 04:11 AM
well, this sort of thread was already created a couple of days ago http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-are-you-addictied-torrenting-257755
Plz check my reply there :P

Enlightened
12-20-2007, 04:18 AM
Yeah, I am a torrents Junkie......., I totally get "high", when I get an Invite to a New Tracker.

N@LiM
12-20-2007, 04:20 AM
yes it is.... When I was in college, most of my time while using computer, spent on browsing torrent sites.. searching for new stuff worth downloading etc. Most of the time I downloaded stuff which was not even required...

After coming to FST... I came to know about lot of new torrent sites...and then I too started my quest to get invited to them..

It was simpler for me as I got invited to some of the best sites by FST members for free....Now that started working don't have much time for torrenting.. Now I will mostly visit the torrent sites I am member of once a week just to avoid my account getting pruned due to inactivity.. Also I download little bit whenever I get axx to highspeed internet...

fatcat69
12-20-2007, 04:23 AM
Completely Agree...

p1r4t3
12-20-2007, 04:55 AM
torrenting is not the addiction........... its the forums.. lol

about quitting : u can minimize ur activity to one small group, if that makes u happy. Everyone considers quitting at one point of time.

Theres also no point in losing everything that u ve worked so hard over, just because u r on a rant or something. If its messing with ur real life, like studies and shit, u would just find another addiction, in which case u must learn to control.

If u feel u ve done too much of it, take a break, park ur accounts , and go missing. U ll feel good once u come back........ or not. Either way, nobody around u gives a shit. Its just something u gotta learn.

orfik
12-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Sure, torrenting is an addiction. I think the proper name is still "theft", though. Crazy kids.

darkseekers
12-21-2007, 11:16 AM
yes...really addiction if u have a seedbox..

Mrststyle
12-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Yeah, I am a torrents Junkie......., I totally get "high", when I get an Invite to a New Tracker.

the same here :blink::blink::blink::wacko::wacko::wacko:

zo6vetteboy
12-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Id have to say that torrenting for some people is like drugs, theres some on here that spend day after day looking for the "holy grail", begging to get into places they could only dream of...