PDA

View Full Version : iPhone thingy

BawA
12-21-2007, 07:39 AM
ok am planing to buy an iPhone but 1st i must think of unlocking it since we dont At&t here, so far ive seen two methods....

one is "Simfree" which is hacking the phone by installing few apps on the phone following complicated steps, usually this kinda of methods can go wrong leaving a damaged phone.

2nd is iPhoneStealth (http://www.iphonestealth.ca/product_iphonestealth.htm) which only requires a sim to be placed on their what looks like a sim plate and thats it, its says phone can be update with no worries since no modification is done on phone, but am not sure about this since its new, any1 used it.

also there are pre unlocked phone going on sale but costly and all are using SimFree which means unlocking the phone if its been updated again.

which way do i go?

N4riX
12-21-2007, 07:46 AM
i think you already know what to do. possible bricked phone or no modification needed. it seems obvious what to do and it seems you've already researched this throughly.

BawA
12-21-2007, 07:50 AM
one more thing, its related to shipping...
if i go with 2nd method its must be shipped, its about 100$ with free shpping, will i have to pay something extra when it gets to me?

N4riX
12-21-2007, 08:04 AM
if you're going to spend alot on the phone why get cheap with unlocking it safely. save yourself the headache or most likely heartbreak and lay down the 100 bucks to use it with your courier. as far as hidden fees, i looked and couldn't see anything sneaky.

PCman55
12-21-2007, 09:23 AM
hey there im new to this so im gonna start off by saying Hay
i am the PCman ;) :)

Chip Monk
12-21-2007, 10:10 AM
Are you Dutch at all PCman55

thewizeard
12-21-2007, 10:56 AM
Are you Dutch at all PCman55

..we are all Dutch..a little... :yup:

BawA
12-21-2007, 01:04 PM
hey there im new to this so im gonna start off by saying Hay
i am the PCman ;) :)

:blink:

Biggles
12-21-2007, 01:48 PM
Bawa - obviously you will have to add shipping and I am not sure what the tax regime is like where you are but if there are import duties you might be liable for those if your customs pick up on the value of the item coming in.

Your English has really improved over the last year or two btw.

Chip Monk
12-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Just coming up for two o'clock, Les.

BawA
12-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Bawa - obviously you will have to add shipping and I am not sure what the tax regime is like where you are but if there are import duties you might be liable for those if your customs pick up on the value of the item coming in.

Your English has really improved over the last year or two btw.

i once heard from a friend of mine that he knew some1 who had paid some extra cash on his GFX card when it got delivered to him which was bought from some US online store but guess what that friend owns a computer hardware shop so he m8 be bulling :unsure:

acctually i saw a new iphone on a auction site being sold for 587$ but locked and some guy on same site was offering unlocking services for 27$(614$ total)...

on other hand if i go for that Sim solution(100$) + iphone(587$) = 687$ thats 73$ extra + Shipping if any.

also there is a friend of mine who owns a mobile shop, i just called him and he said tomorrow his going to get few unlocked iphones but he has no idea how much it would be for, he said it was around 655$ before he ran out of it but it may be more this time which am sure it would be cuz i saw some guy selling it for almost 1000$ the other day.

so my best shot would be that auctioned phone and mod it but ill wait till tomorrow to see how much is the market price.

it would be like this:

614$(2 shot job) Vs 655$(1 shot job)
:frusty::frusty: