PDA

View Full Version : Sct Question

silvi
12-21-2007, 01:39 PM
How I get invites at SCT beside donating?
didn't find it anywhere at the site

YoYoY
12-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Nothing can get you an invite except donating

silvi
12-21-2007, 01:44 PM
thanks

melatonin
12-21-2007, 01:46 PM
maybe by winning competitions :)

yoyogi4
12-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Showing a naked pic of yourself on their IRC, they seem to really like it.

fstokebanget
12-21-2007, 05:03 PM
there's another way, but this is very ocassional, once a while, if your user level is enough, they'll granted one invite for all the users who qualified according to their certain rules.

FatBob
12-21-2007, 05:06 PM
thats the only way you get donation at sct ?

that is really bad , invites are supposed to be handed out to hard working seeders and sharers

Swax
12-21-2007, 05:10 PM

Wrong. Horribly wrong. :dry:

Christmas is a time for giving. Go outside and give to the real world, and if you're lucky the goodwill might be returned over the festive period...:rolleyes:

Tokeman
12-21-2007, 05:20 PM
Donating is not the only way, but other invites are few and far between. Don't believe the hype though.

fstokebanget
12-21-2007, 05:37 PM
thats the only way you get donation at sct ?

that is really bad , invites are supposed to be handed out to hard working seeders and sharers

but I'm sure if someone's seeding there really good, active in the forums, get to know many ppl in the forum, just be a good user, if sometime he/she need the invite, the staff will gladly give it

fatcat69
12-21-2007, 06:23 PM

Christmas is a time for giving. Go outside and give to the real world, and if you're lucky the goodwill might be returned over the festive period...:rolleyes:

Thats not horribly wrong, S*T is the biggest pay to leech site on the planet.

File Sharing is meant to be free!! Until a site shows an invoice of their running costs and donations received, I will not donate a penny. AKA a print out of their paypal info for each month so users actually know how much money is taken in and how much is actually spent for running the server.

If you are going to pay for a torrent then why not just use newsgroups and get 10x the speed?!

Rumblin
12-21-2007, 06:28 PM

Thats not horribly wrong, S*T is the biggest pay to leech site on the planet.

File Sharing is meant to be free!! Until a site shows an invoice of their running costs and donations received, I will not donate a penny. AKA a print out of their paypal info for each month so users actually know how much money is taken in and how much is actually spent for running the server.

If you are going to pay for a torrent then why not just use newsgroups and get 10x the speed?!

hate newsgroups....I guess we are going to have to take their word for it, and if they make a bit of profit, who cares? They deserve it....I just object the money not going to the staff members who dedicate most their time and efforts to enhance the site, no to just the sysop

fatcat69
12-21-2007, 06:33 PM
rumblin: read a few threads back about a few sites that have taken the "donation" money for pure pocket cash. They tell users their site costs XX amount of dollars when it really costs just a fraction of that.

Perfect Example: Blackcats.

I know mods at a few sites that truly on use it for running costs of the server. They are strongly against taking any money for profit because that is just the same as burning the dvd's and selling them on the street. Those are sites I trust and they meet their donations without offering anything in return, because they are forthcoming with their users and don't take profit.

Any coding you do on a site is purely for hobby not for money. Thats how most sites run, but their are just as many that are in it to make a quick buck.