PDA

View Full Version : DSL modem re-programming

rgotcher
12-22-2007, 01:28 PM
I have a Westell DSL modem programmed to work with Verizon Wireless. How do I re-progam it to work with Bellsouth.net?:whistling

Something Else
12-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Merkin?

clocker
12-22-2007, 03:12 PM
I'd ask Bell South since Verizon is probably not interested in helping you escape.

Proper Bo
12-22-2007, 03:15 PM
ffs clocker, I see my tellybox still has overscan.

Jp said you knew stuff about stuff:no:

clocker
12-22-2007, 04:12 PM

JP is wrong...I don't know shit about "stuff".
What I DO know is how to find out about "stuff".

Since I'm not afflicted with this "overscan" problem you speak of, I've never looked into it.

However, it being Christmas and all, I spent a few minutes looking into it.
Seems to me that your problem has to be approached from the monitor (or TV) side- specifically, by using the "zoom out/zoom in"controls.
Does this seem feasible to you?

Proper Bo
12-22-2007, 04:41 PM

JP is wrong...I don't know shit about "stuff".
What I DO know is how to find out about "stuff".

Since I'm not afflicted with this "overscan" problem you speak of, I've never looked into it.

However, it being Christmas and all, I spent a few minutes looking into it.
Seems to me that your problem has to be approached from the monitor (or TV) side- specifically, by using the "zoom out/zoom in"controls.
Does this seem feasible to you?

There aren't any zoom controls on the telly, tho' I did read somewhere on the internets that if I press a brazillion buttons on the remote then a service menu will pop up with all sorts of stuff on it that I don't understand.

I've created a custom resolution (1840x1008 I think) for it for now using the ati control center thing, like, but that's no use if I want to run any games on it or owt and it's not perfect for reading any text.

If it'd help at all, the grafficks card is an ati x850xt and the tellybox is a sony bravia KDS55A2000 (or possibly A2010, i'm not certain) connected thro' hdmi.

clocker
12-22-2007, 05:54 PM
It would seem that the function you want is called "screen format" by Sony.
I think the first thing you need to do is adjust the resolution of your vid card to match the native resolution of your monitor.

Then you can play with the TV as shown here...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/clocker/Sony.jpg

What do you think?

Proper Bo
12-22-2007, 06:33 PM
I think I need glasses:unsure:

En seriousment tho', I already tried that, it doesn't work.:no:

Basically, it cuts the top and bottom of the picture off, changing the format to wide/smart/4:3 or whatever doesn't help, it just squashes or stretches whatever's already there and still doesn't show the missing part of the image.

clocker
12-22-2007, 11:23 PM
It's a Sony so I wouldn't expect it to work properly.

Sextent
12-22-2007, 11:27 PM
I find the exact opposite.

In my experience Sony make excellent products.

clocker
12-23-2007, 12:05 AM
Why don't you pop on over to Bo's and twiddle some knobs for him then?

After, you could adjust his TV.

zues
12-26-2007, 12:50 AM
I have a Westell DSL modem programmed to work with Verizon Wireless. How do I re-progam it to work with Bellsouth.net?:whistling

Most DSL modems will work with other telco companies, you need to research the VPI/VCI that they use for the end customer. 99.9% run ATM from the Central Office to the customer. Where I live we use VPI of 8 and VCI of 35.

Zs

jayz707
12-26-2007, 01:25 AM
can't you change it's settings? through a web interface or something like that? if you can then you can prolly make that work with some other provider too... if you can't change settings, you can try overwriting the firmware and then applying some new settings... etc etc