PDA

View Full Version : utorrent download speed

lazlopitt
12-23-2007, 05:25 AM
My torrent client is utorrent. I haven't had it that long but I'm impressed with the selection I'm finding. However the download speeds aren't really better than what I had with limewire and ares. I noticed tonight that I have a yellow triangle at the bottom that says no incoming connections. That's not true because I have been able to download alot. But maybe that would explain the slow speed. I clicked on the icon and had my speed tested. It was 3971 kb/s for downloads and 484 kb/s for uploads. Is that bad or good?? Any advice?? I'm not on a router either, direct to cable modem. Thanks

mR.d@hLa!
12-23-2007, 10:33 AM
^^

yeah that is noit a bad internet connection,
maybe you should chekc if your ports are forwarded properly

ravenhawk23
12-23-2007, 11:24 AM
utorrents is the best choice in my opinion :D

fstokebanget
12-23-2007, 12:02 PM
the yellow triangle means your port is blocked

yayyyyyy
12-23-2007, 12:30 PM
the yellow triangle means your port is blocked

no true, it just mean no incoming connections... to be sure it's blocked you have to do the port test ;)

about the connection type: your upload speed is pretty low... if you are able to download at the same speed as your upload (50kb/s?) you are ok... be happy :whistling

SiNa
12-23-2007, 01:29 PM
u got good speeds there man. enjoy it and dont complain. However if your speed is low in compare to what you really should have then you shouldnt judge your speed from only one torrent and tracker. Try downloading from other trackers and download a torrent with lots of seeders and then compare your speed. you can notice that the speed changes from place to place especially with a high speed internet connection like yours

MrLazy
12-23-2007, 01:30 PM
try forwarding your port are you using a router ?

ravenhawk23
12-23-2007, 03:33 PM
i think utorrents has the best speeds
makes the life easier :)

JAZZ2
12-23-2007, 03:35 PM
port for utorrent is dwon

Mrststyle
12-23-2007, 03:37 PM
utorrent the best there is :D:D

inkmaker23
12-24-2007, 02:02 AM
Check your firewall. Set it to forward port Utorrent is using (click Options>Preferences>
Connections to find). Some firewalls like Norton let you type in the application name (Utorrent in this case), some, like Zone Alarm, asks for port numbers to allow. If you
continue with the yellow triangle, trackers show you as unconnectable and may ban you.

vinayak1986
12-24-2007, 02:36 AM
utorrent is the best

lazlopitt
12-25-2007, 01:17 AM
OK first thing I did was find an album with lots of seeds and leechers and it blazed along about 175kbs. It downloaded in about 10 minutes. So no problem there. To answer your questions: I don't have a router anymore. I did for a while but I got rid of the other computer so now I am back plugged directly into my cable modem. I have Comodo firewall. Is there a way manually to tell my firewall to allow utorrent's port?? I still have the yellow triangle. But I guess I'm happy for the most part. Thanks