PDA

View Full Version : Changing location of torrent files download

TP635
12-23-2007, 09:08 AM
All the files that I dl are in a folder in my C drive and I want to bring that folder to my D drive which is 2x the capacity of my C. At the moment I have to keep removing the dl files to D drive because my C drive get full. This make seeding a pain.

How do I do this safely? I don't want to screw up my seeding.

I am using Utorrent as client

fOrUmAs
12-23-2007, 09:27 AM
well this is not to hard just close utorrent when u moveing the folder to new place and when u done with that then again open utorrent dont yet start to seed go to preferences/downloads and set new location where u will downloading file be stored or just select the folder that u moved and that should be it..

H3llR1s3r
12-23-2007, 09:42 AM
yup , forumas is right ;) that should do the trick

TP635
12-23-2007, 10:25 AM
I follow your instruction; move the folder to D drive> change the download to that directory> start and all my torrent have red x and an error message 'File missing from job, please recheck.

fOrUmAs
12-23-2007, 10:53 AM
I follow your instruction; move the folder to D drive> change the download to that directory> start and all my torrent have red x and an error message 'File missing from job, please recheck.

u will need to redownload again that torrents that u have seed..just go to site where u seeding and just download again that torrent and utorrent will make recheck to see is everything ok..and after that u should be able to seed again:)

TP635
12-23-2007, 11:04 AM
That is what I am doing now, What a pain in the a$$. 30gig of most music album. I am taking my tine to do it. Luck was on my side cos I only have 2 uncompleted torrent when I change over. That were the first 2 that I re download. I hope to be back fully seeding before long. Thanks for the help.

Ps I now keep all the torrent files and not just trash them.

jr56
12-23-2007, 04:14 PM
You don't need to redownload the torrents from drive C, just move them to your D drive to where you told your utorrent to download to

wrongun92
12-23-2007, 05:31 PM
This is how I do it:

1.Right click on the torrent, click stop
2. Right click on the torrent again, ->Advanced->Set Download Location
3. Right click on the torrent again, -> Force Recheck
4. Right click and click start.

You may have to restart utorrent again.