12-24-2007, 04:20 AM
Dallas vs New England

Dallas wins 20, to 17

JunkBarMan
12-27-2007, 02:16 AM
New England v. Green Bay

N.E 42 Green Bay 21

Favre throws 6 picks and retires.

Brady throw 6 TD.s and has another baby!

t0mmy
12-30-2007, 08:41 AM
New England v. Green Bay

N.E 42 Green Bay 21

harsh, farve is still got quite a throw though :P

but i expect NE to win

WhiteWizard20
01-13-2008, 01:55 AM
I predict that New England wins over Dallas.

clocker
01-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Packers beat the Pats by one.

tyman
01-13-2008, 06:55 PM
colts gonna beat patriots...dont know what you guys are talking about

j2k4
01-13-2008, 09:49 PM
colts gonna beat patriots...dont know what you guys are talking about

Oh.

Well, then. :whistling

Busyman™
01-14-2008, 12:42 PM
New England v. Green Bay

N.E 42 Green Bay 21

Good call. Dunno about Favre throwing 6 picks.

They have a running game now so he can't fuck up that much any more.

roftk
01-14-2008, 07:29 PM
New England 28 Green Bay 32

Watch it happen.

DefX
01-14-2008, 09:53 PM
My Giants beating N.E. with a 57 yard field goal with 2 seconds remaining, edging them by 1 pt, 27-26. Ball hit the crossbar but somehow still managed to bounce in for the score as time expires. Watch it happen.

01-14-2008, 10:35 PM
N.E. over G.B.
It won't even be close.
N.E. 37
G.B. 14

t0mmy
01-15-2008, 12:28 AM
N.E over GB

Busyman™
01-15-2008, 04:26 AM
N.E over GB

A NE/GB game will be the most watched game in NFL history....easily.

If Tom Brady wins another SB then I would think it solidifies him as the greatest QB in NFL history (and he's still in his prime).

4 SBs
Most TD record in a single season
Most points scored by a team in a single season
1st undefeated team in over 30 years and 2nd all-time.

clocker
01-15-2008, 04:47 AM
N.E over GB

Agree with that.

If Tom Brady wins another SB then I would think it solidifies him as the greatest QB in NFL history (and he's still in his prime).

4 SBs
Way too early for a coronation, I think.
Until he retires, there's no way to assess his career in toto...a catastrophic injury could take him out tomorrow, after all.

Busyman™
01-15-2008, 05:06 AM
Agree with that.

4 SBs
Way too early for a coronation, I think.
Until he retires, there's no way to assess his career in toto...a catastrophic injury could take him out tomorrow, after all.

Read the bold.

If he doesn't play, it don't count. That's why I said he and not the Patriots but I get your drift.

He could win this one and then muck up his stats later.

He has a ton under his belt already though. It'd be pretty hard to muck up 4 SBs, single season records, and undefeated.

I'll put it this way. If he wins the SB and then dies the next day, he is solidified. He'd be the third joining the ranks of Montana and Bradshaw but would 1up both with being undefeated and the single season records.

4 SBs mean the most but skill records along with 4 SBs knocks it out of the park....er.....is a touchdown.

I wonder what his average passer rating is this year? How many INTs as well?

edit: found it

QB rating - 117.2
TDs - a whopping 50
INTs - 8

j2k4
01-15-2008, 11:12 PM
I'd say Brady is in the HOF already - easily, too.

Best of all-time?

What if Peyton one-ups him next year?

Nothing at all against Brady, or Manning, for that matter, the fact is, though, that their making a mockery of certain passing records merely bodes ill for the record book.

Manning did it last year, Brady does it this year...maybe next year Romo or somebody will go further.

Never mind this once-in-a-lifetime deal - we've had two quarterbacks shatter all of the season records in consecutive years.

Better wait and see, huh? :whistling

clocker
01-16-2008, 12:40 AM
It also doesn't hurt any of the modern day QBs that the NFL continues to tweak the rules so the passing game is emphasized and the QB more protected.

Busyman™
01-16-2008, 12:44 AM

Best of all-time?

Nothing at all against Brady, or Manning, for that matter, the fact is, though, that their making a mockery of certain passing records merely bodes ill for the record book.

Manning did it last year, Brady does it this year...maybe next year Romo or somebody will go further.

Never mind this once-in-a-lifetime deal - we've had two quarterbacks shatter all of the season records in consecutive years.

They are both great skilled QBs. It's not a mockery. Marino had the record before, Manning 1uped him, then Brady 1uped Manning.

Maybe people 'ill yell "Steroids!"

Shaun Alexander broke Priest Holmes record and then the next year LT broke Alexander's record.

How's that a mockery and bad for the record book?

If Peyton breaks Brady's record next year, he still doesn't have the SBs.

It's still Brady as greatest all-time.

j2k4
01-16-2008, 02:14 AM

Best of all-time?

They are both great skilled QBs. It's not a mockery. Marino had the record before, Manning 1uped him, then Brady 1uped Manning.

Shaun Alexander broke Priest Holmes record and then the next year LT broke Alexander's record.

Then last year Manning was the greatest of all-time, eh?

I mean, if all it takes is a superior statistical performance to get you talking this way...

Brady just gave us the greatest statistical season a quarterback has ever had, but Clocker is right - let him retire before you hand him the mantle - it's only proper. :whistling

It also doesn't hurt any of the modern day QBs that the NFL continues to tweak the rules so the passing game is emphasized and the QB more protected.

Yes, and while Manning has carte blanche to change plays, he is merely the closest approach to fellows like Unitas and Starr, who (believe it or not) actually called their own plays, all the time. :whistling

Busyman™
01-16-2008, 04:08 AM

Then last year Manning was the greatest of all-time, eh?

I mean, if all it takes is a superior statistical performance to get you talking this way...

What the fuck, man? I've said (even in the initial fucking post) that it wasn't just one thing. Jeez man, how the hell can you muck that up when "he still doesn't have the SBs" only has one sentence between it and "Then last year Manning was the greatest of all-time, eh?"

Goodness fuck!!

Brady has the SBs and one more puts him over, imo.

Brady just gave us the greatest statistical season a quarterback has ever had, but Clocker is right - let him retire before you hand him the mantle - it's only proper. :whistling

And duh I kinda agreed by saying that he could muck up his stats later. Also another QB could break his skill records or get more SBs before he retires. I was talking as of him winning this SB though.

Yes, and while Manning has carte blanche to change plays, he is merely the closest approach to fellows like Unitas and Starr, who (believe it or not) actually called their own plays, all the time. :whistling

Soooooo? The game has got bigger in every way....coaching staff, spectators, TV audience, stadiums, etc.

I bet you guys walked to school in the snow backwards upside down carrying your little brother on your back too.:mellow:

clocker
01-16-2008, 11:24 AM
I bet you guys walked to school in the snow backwards upside down carrying your little brother on your back too.:mellow:
Didn't everyone?

Anyway, Busy, you're certainly correct about the game having gotten bigger but that doesn't necessarily mean it's gotten better.
Players have become so specialized to fit into the complex game plans that one injury can derail everything.

Not to wax nostalgic, but have you ever heard of Sammy Baugh? (http://www.thehogs.net/History/legends/BaughAccomplishments.html)
He held/holds records in passing, punting AND interceptions.
Yeah, a QB who also punted and played defence.

Can Tom Brady claim that?

So you see the reticence that some of us old timers might have calling any of the modern players "the greatest of all time".
Literally, there can be no comparison simply because things are so different today.

I do think Brady is amazing BTW, as are many of the top guys today.

j2k4
01-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Didn't everyone?

Anyway, Busy, you're certainly correct about the game having gotten bigger but that doesn't necessarily mean it's gotten better.
Players have become so specialized to fit into the complex game plans that one injury can derail everything.

Not to wax nostalgic, but have you ever heard of Sammy Baugh? (http://www.thehogs.net/History/legends/BaughAccomplishments.html)

So you see the reticence that some of us old timers might have calling any of the modern players "the greatest of all time".
Literally, there can be no comparison simply because things are so different today.

Agreed, and agreed.

Busyman might have benefited from the additional note that Slingin' Sam played for his beloved Redskins, since he never takes the time to click on our links.

In the meantime, I guess the matter is settled: Tom Brady is the best quarterback of all-time.

In a separate exercise, I have just used Busyman's statistical gymnastics to determine that Kobe Bryant is slightly less than half the player Michael Jordan was, but he's more than twice as good as Wilt Chamberlain was. :whistling

Busyman
01-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Didn't everyone?

Yeah, sure, uh huh, mmk, of course.

Players have become so specialized to fit into the complex game plans that one injury or arrest can derail everything.

Fixed

I can understand why you said first. However, the second mostly applies to QBs. I've seen too many teams have people step up when another is injured. Hell look at Tom Brady. He took over for an injured Bledsoe and so did Tony *choke* Romo (actually just sucked then).

I know about Sammy. He was a Redskin (what a racist name).

Yeah but Brady would be considered the best at what he does which is quarterbacking.

Funny enough I wish Brady had been injured on of those 4th and 2 plays with 3 minutes left in the game up by 30.

I just thought it was dumb football.

Didn't everyone?

Agreed, and agreed.

Busyman might have benefited from the additional note that Slingin' Sam played for his beloved Redskins, since he never takes the time to click on our links.

In the meantime, I guess the matter is settled: Tom Brady is the best quarterback of all-time.

Not yet.

In a separate exercise, I have just used Busyman's statistical gymnastics to determine that Kobe Bryant is slightly less than half the player Michael Jordan was, but he's more than twice as good as Wilt Chamberlain was. :whistling

They play different positions.

j2k4
01-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Didn't everyone?

Yeah, sure, uh huh, mmk, of course.

Players have become so specialized to fit into the complex game plans that one injury or arrest can derail everything.

Fixed

I can understand why you said first. However, the second mostly applies to QBs. I've seen too many teams have people step up when another is injured. Hell look at Tom Brady. He took over for an injured Bledsoe and so did Tony *choke* Romo (actually just sucked then).

I know about Sammy. He was a Redskin (what a racist name).

Yeah but Brady would be considered the best at what he does which is quarterbacking.

Funny enough I wish Brady had been injured on of those 4th and 2 plays with 3 minutes left in the game up by 30.

I just thought it was dumb football.

Didn't everyone?

Agreed, and agreed.

Not yet.

They play different positions.

:slap:

grimms
01-19-2008, 12:47 PM
My home team The New England Patriots beat Brett Favre and The Green Bay Packers 24-18. Brady is a QB genius and really knows how to play the game.

Sanka113
01-20-2008, 02:28 PM
This thread makes me want to play emo music and cry. :(

clocker
01-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Then football is obviously not the sport for you.

Busyman™
01-20-2008, 04:21 PM

Sanka is probably a soccer-only fan.

TorrentFreakz1
01-20-2008, 11:40 PM
the pats just made it in, i hope the packers win and then it would be an epic superbowl.

i predict the Pack wining it all!!

clocker
01-21-2008, 12:02 AM
i predict the Pack wining it all!!
Wine and cheese....yum.

Busyman™
01-21-2008, 02:46 AM
I'm rooting for the Giants. I feel they are a better team.

I bet $100 on them. I've already won $200 so I can afford it.

They are pissing me off though.

I hate penalties that are not part of them game. That unsportsman on Madison kept the Packers in the game.

They were stopped on 4th down and he gives them 15 yards after the play ended. The Packs then get a TD off that shit.

Dumbass!:angry:

I can't watch anymore.

I'm taking these movies back to Blockbuster and find out the result (and watch later).

JunkBarMan
01-21-2008, 02:57 AM
I have to say, win or lose, the Giants and more over, Tom Coughlin have really surprised me this year in the playoffs. I never thought this guy could get his team this far, seeing how they apparently hate him.

1:37 left and they are driving. Let's see if they can do it!

clocker
01-21-2008, 03:14 AM
Son of a bitch.

Packers played like ass.

Congrats to the Giants, they deserved to win that one.

DefX
01-21-2008, 03:15 AM
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!!!

Giants in the Super Bowl. Who woulda thunk?

Seriously though, I felt like I've just been through 3 heart attacks after watching that game.

I knew it was gonn be a gritty battle but I never anticipated our kicker making it harder for us. I'm happy for him that he redeemed himself. I doubt he'd wanna come back to the Big Apple if he missed that third one.

Giants aren't as much of an underdog as people think against the Pats. Their regular season matchup was a close affair. If they can only elliminate those annoying mental mistakes, they have more than a chance.

LaPistola
01-21-2008, 03:30 AM
That Game Was Amazing!!!! Go Giants!!!!!!

Busyman™
01-21-2008, 03:39 AM
FUCK YES!!

The Giants were clearly the better team. The Packers weren't even in it had the Giants not given them chance after chance.

I decided to watch it w/o seeing the result.

I was holding my breath on the FG. The game would have been over ages ago if he had just made one of his previous ones.

Tynes, Madison, and Toomer almost cost me $100 but I knew the Giants were a better team.

Plaxico owned Al Harris, Manning was much better then Favre (did Manning have any INTs?), and the Giants secondary was wayyy better.

They can't play like that in Feb.

Who'd have thunk Manning in the SB this year but that Manning?

Fucking sweet. My mother is happy since that's her team.

DefX
01-21-2008, 05:06 AM
Tynes, Madison, and Toomer almost cost me $100 but I knew the Giants were a better team.

Don't forget McQuarters with his two fumbles.

I didn't see a single analyst in any sports show or any newspaper pick the Giants to pull this off except for Tiki Barber and we all know why that is.

Busyman™
01-21-2008, 05:31 AM

Don't forget McQuarters with his two fumbles.

I didn't see a single analyst in any sports show or any newspaper pick the Giants to pull this off except for Tiki Barber and we all know why that is.

Why is that? He has talked bad about his old team in the past.

I forgot about McQuarters. I just went over mother's house and she said that the Packers looked like shit.

I told her not to get too happy since they have to play the Pats in Feb.

If the Pats lose it will be the biggest upset in sports history imo.

If a Packers/Pats game would have been storybook imagine Eli winning the SB right after his brother did.

The Giants gave the Pats some go during the regular season. Maybe they do better this time.

It would have been nice to have Shockey.:(

DefX
01-21-2008, 06:47 AM
Tiki being critical of Coughlin's ways was no secret. One of the big reasons he never came back for one more year. He probably picked the Jints to win not because he believed they were gonna but because he didn't wanna lose favor among Giants fans. Being him, he has that PR image to maintain.

If the Giants beat the Pats, I do believe it will be the biggest upset in NFL history. Bigger than Broadway Joe's Jets beating Unitas Colts in the 60s.

Yeah, having Shockey would've been nice but his replacement Boss has fit in nicely.

yoco
01-21-2008, 08:14 AM
I can't believe Packers have lost :cry: I'm so dissapointed right now. Well I guess Patriots are the only one now.

Busyman™
01-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Tiki being critical of Coughlin's ways was no secret. One of the big reasons he never came back for one more year. He probably picked the Jints to win not because he believed they were gonna but because he didn't wanna lose favor among Giants fans. Being him, he has that PR image to maintain.

If the Giants beat the Pats, I do believe it will be the biggest upset in NFL history. Bigger than Broadway Joe's Jets beating Unitas Colts in the 60s.

Yeah, having Shockey would've been nice but his replacement Boss has fit in nicely.

No I believe in sports history.

The Pats are undefeated, were trouncing teams by large margins, and have 3 SBs under their belt.

Sports history not NFL history.

That is funny that 1 year after he leaves, they go to the SB. I thought he left to early anyway. He was just starting not to fumble the ball.

Did you notice the Brandon Jacobs got benched in the second half for Bradshaw.

Very smart move.

Jacobs is a truck but he is slow as fuck. It's like he's always waiting for blockers.

Bradshaw just shoots up the field.

Either way it's a good 1,2 to have them both. A power and speed runner.

j2k4
01-21-2008, 09:24 PM
The Packers chose a curious and senseless strategy, then stuck to it throughout the game.

Grant might as well have been benched, for all the touches he got.

Driver was the only Packer who came to play, at least on offense.

Eli played superbly, and the Giants deserve to go to Arizona.

JunkBarMan
01-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Eli played superbly, and the Giants deserve to go to Arizona.

I'll give it to the Giants, but I won't go as far as say Eli played superbly. He did one step better then how he normally just manages the games, by not making mistakes and doing things to hurt his team.

The defense is what got the Giants into this game and it's what won it for them....

Oh yeah, and that thing called a running game.

Wow, put those two things together and it sounds like the Giants have everything to win a championship.

A running game and good defense.

This should make for a good Super Bowl, I can't wait.

01-21-2008, 10:20 PM
NE 13
NYG 6
in a sleeper

jukesta
01-21-2008, 10:37 PM
new england..

pats learned there lessson week 17

chrism811
01-22-2008, 02:58 AM
Well at this point we know its the Patriots and the Giants. I predict Tom Brady throws four touchdowns, to Eli Mannings 2. Pats win and Tom Brady gets number four!!!

Eli Manning calls Peyton for a shoulder to cry on when the Giants tank in the superbowl. Go Pats!

RoSsoNeRI
01-22-2008, 04:05 AM
Patriots for suree

DV8type
01-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Gotta go with the Pats on this one. They seem pretty unstoppable....they're a team out to make history.

Sanka113
01-22-2008, 11:44 PM

Sanka is probably a soccer-only fan. No my team lost after having a record breaking season. THEY should be in the Super Bowl after the year they had. Just thinking of what it could have been makes me want to start crying like TO.

Busyman™
01-23-2008, 03:16 AM
Sanka is probably a soccer-only fan. No my team lost after having a record breaking season. THEY should be in the Super Bowl after the year they had. Just thinking of what it could have been makes me want to start crying like TO.

They didn't belong there obviously. They started to go downhill late in the season (the NE game doesn't count, it was NE ffs).

The Cowgirls also shouldn't have all those Pro-Bowlers. Maybe a good 8 or 9 but not 12.

Sanka113
01-23-2008, 11:03 AM
Hater lol. I agree I don't think we should have had 12 players in the pro bowl. We got that many in due to the Boys playing all those national televised games. I think the boys should have went to Super Bowl based on talent. Unfortunately, all that talent didn't overcome stupid mistakes, and penalties. The good thing about the Cowboys losing, is that they won't be the Super Bowl runner up. Which, most of those teams in the past few years, have had crappy seasons after losing the super bowl the previous year.

snowultra
01-24-2008, 05:35 AM
i think it will be high scoreing again. something like
pats---35
gaints--28