PDA

View Full Version : Silly.Idea.For.Requests.PROPER.READTHREAD.FST-Kyl3KK

Kyl3KK
12-24-2007, 06:47 AM
I think that anyone requesting any site above, say, level 6, should know at least the full name of the site and maybe the URL too.

I knew the URLs for all my sites before I was invited to them, ScT and FTN included, and I know the URL for Wheelmods and the bunny.

If someone knows the URL or anything about the site that can't be found in the WTAW reviews, it shows that they really want the site, IMO.

Whaddya think?

Proper notes:

Firefox + FST = Bad

bikernin
12-24-2007, 07:02 AM
Proper notes:

Firefox + FST = Bad

i second that :lol:

as for the main issue, the url is meant to be secret and there may be some deserving members who might not know it. so you cannot enforce such a thing

th0r
12-24-2007, 07:03 AM
googling can easily lead to the url and the name of a tracker; i think a certain number of posts and a certain length of seniority would be a better idea

fatcat69
12-24-2007, 07:08 AM
well I think if you are really going to get that worried about it, you should just do your own research and not to free public giveaways
I would recommend you make a list of friends you know of on here and offer them the invites instead....with trackers that high you dont want to risk it and I will never shoot my actual name on the tracker to someone I dont know unless as thor said they have seniority. however, I am considered new here...being active only a week, and I have met plenty of users who are "senior" to me but are completely incompetent.

So all and all, make your own rules for your invites bc in the end only you are held responsible for it.

Bfietta
12-24-2007, 07:15 AM
I liked this one :P

bikernin
12-24-2007, 07:17 AM
well I think if you are really going to get that worried about it, you should just do your own research and not to free public giveaways
I would recommend you make a list of friends you know of on here and offer them the invites instead....with trackers that high you dont want to risk it and I will never shoot my actual name on the tracker to someone I dont know unless as thor said they have seniority. however, I am considered new here...being active only a week, and I have met plenty of users who are "senior" to me but are completely incompetent.

So all and all, make your own rules for your invites bc in the end only you are held responsible for it.

nicely put fatcat69. im surprised you made good sense for a change :P

fatcat69
12-24-2007, 07:22 AM
aww come on i am not that bad....like for every 50 posts i get one decent one in...so im up to what... 5...ok you win lol

Kyl3KK
12-24-2007, 05:39 PM
googling can easily lead to the url and the name of a tracker; i think a certain number of posts and a certain length of seniority would be a better idea
+1. I just thought the idea of a bit of research shows "dedication" sort of.

mrnobody
12-24-2007, 05:46 PM
google FTW i found how to get to lvl 10 site's login page through it :D

+1. I just thought the idea of a bit of research shows "dedication" sort of.

or "curiosity" ...perhaps same thing for this one.

Sench
12-24-2007, 05:50 PM
http://nforce.nl/inc/images/nuked.gif[NUKED] [GROUP.SCENE.BANNED.GTFO]
:lol:

mrnobody
12-24-2007, 05:52 PM

Shultziboy
12-24-2007, 05:57 PM
I don't think that if i know the address i should be invites

Cheffy
12-24-2007, 06:16 PM
No, i have to disagree with the OP.

Getting to know the url of the sites that wish to remain hidden shows the tracker you dont actually dont care about the tracker.

Becouse how did you get the url ?
Asking here then getting someone to post it in a clever way? ie: l i k e t h i s??
Or asking someone in a pm, thus making them brake the rule about giving away the url?
Or google, making the site that tells people what the name acutally is get more hits climbnig the latter....

So Finding the url to a site, only shows you only care about getting in there. Not actually caring about their rules.

wrongun92
12-24-2007, 06:17 PM
I think most of the users requesting for an invite that they are intersted in must've done their homework about what the site is about. They dont just want to signup for a site they dont know anything about. Its not that hard to find the name and url atleast.

Kyl3KK
12-24-2007, 06:26 PM

hahahaha

Hi Sench. :)

Sench
12-24-2007, 06:32 PM

hahahaha

Hi Sench. :)
:wave::drunk:

magushun
12-24-2007, 06:35 PM
the fact that you can use google doesnt mean you are meant to be there...

bikernin
12-24-2007, 07:03 PM

:yup::yup::yup: