ok iwill try to clear my problem here

here is my pc info

processor amd 5200 x2

ram 1GB

MB gigabyte (GA-m59SLI-S5 )

HD westren 250gb sata 2

the problem :

i copy 2 GB in 30 mins:cry: i belive its could be faster then

that my pc so damn slow in copy if any one can help plz tell me what i have to do :(

clocker
12-25-2007, 04:53 PM
that my pc so damn slow in copy if any one can help plz tell me what i have to do :(
Well, you could start with:
-What are you copying?
-Where is the file and where are you copying to?

Merry Christmas.

AmpeD
12-25-2007, 08:14 PM
the problem could be also that you are copying a ton of files and not just big ones,tht slows it down

supper
12-27-2007, 08:35 AM
i dont know relly my very old pc was copy faster then that one i belive there is something wrong in MB or there is option in it i should use i relly dont know but i have friend he have old amd processor and he telling me his pc copy so much faster then mine so i dont think its not about only the files i am copy

mr. nails
12-27-2007, 09:28 AM
i dont know relly my very old pc was copy faster then that one i belive there is something wrong in MB or there is option in it i should use i relly dont know but i have friend he have old amd processor and he telling me his pc copy so much faster then mine so i dont think its not about only the files i am copy

refer to post #2.

clocktower
12-27-2007, 11:30 AM
mind readers ago ago :lol:

sanjana
12-30-2007, 09:29 PM
ok iwill try to clear my problem here

here is my pc info

processor amd 5200 x2

ram 1GB

MB gigabyte (GA-m59SLI-S5 )

HD westren 250gb sata 2

the problem :

i copy 2 GB in 30 mins:cry: i belive its could be faster then

Are you just copying single file or too many files at the same time and also do you see 30mins for the first time as soon as you start because normally it shows initially and later it
keep decreasing due to windowing..

sovaz
01-05-2008, 03:03 AM
Mayb its becoz ur antivirus has the "realtime scanning" feature enabled. This could b where the AV scans the files over and over as u copy them. Or could b a problem with ur HD itself...coz 2gb in 30 mins is insanely slow i guess.

zapjb
01-05-2008, 06:12 AM
what OS?

Broken
01-05-2008, 06:33 AM
what OS?

Exactly what I was thinking. Many people are having this type of problem in Vista.
I was, and it forced me back to Xp.

HyperNode
01-05-2008, 07:02 AM
First of all technically this is not a hardware issue. This is a software issue related to memory buffer when allocating i/o data structure. Now I am taking you are using Windows as this is the only platform who is effected by this kind of stupidity, mostly on 2k3, 2k8 and vista now. Microsoft already has patch for this so google for it, this is due to your busy process working simotanously at once.

For anything to be copied for example a data sector in local disk it has to be first allocated on the memory buffer which is now done directly and is not passed over ext bus. After that the data can be removed or remapped, depending on the type of task you are doing and number of process accessing the bridge on your computer will be effected.

PS: This is not a problem in any other platform other than WinBLOW, your hardware is fine its the inferior implemantion of poor memory management in WinBLOW to emulate Unix like platform that causing this problem. Hence linux is ALWAYS superior when it comes to memory?

grimms
01-06-2008, 03:42 AM
If it's a Sata drive check your IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller Settings in Device Manager in Windows XP.

Start>Control>System>Device Manger>IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller. right click on your Primary or Secondary IDE and click on advanced setting tab. Does your sata drive show transfer mode PIO? if it does unistall all your primary and secondary ide drivers then do a reboot that should solve your problem. If everything says DMA if available in the transfer mode box or ultra dma 1,2,3,4, then it's another problem. Or it could be a memory buffer problem.

I had the same problem awhile back. Hope that helps.

http://sniptools.com/tipstricks/getting-back-to-dma-mode-in-windows-xp

If thats not the issue then pay close attention to HyperNodes Post.

supper
01-06-2008, 11:49 AM
thank you grimms (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/grimms-184740) i checked it out and i found its DMA

supper
thank you grimms (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/grimms-184740) i checked it out and i found its DMA

supper

First of all technically this is not a hardware issue. This is a software issue related to memory buffer when allocating i/o data structure. Now I am taking you are using Windows as this is the only platform who is effected by this kind of stupidity, mostly on 2k3, 2k8 and vista now. Microsoft already has patch for this so google for it, this is due to your busy process working simotanously at once.

For anything to be copied for example a data sector in local disk it has to be first allocated on the memory buffer which is now done directly and is not passed over ext bus. After that the data can be removed or remapped, depending on the type of task you are doing and number of process accessing the bridge on your computer will be effected.

PS: This is not a problem in any other platform other than WinBLOW, your hardware is fine its the inferior implemantion of poor memory management in WinBLOW to emulate Unix like platform that causing this problem. Hence linux is ALWAYS superior when it comes to memory?can u give me the link of this microsoft patch plz

clocker
01-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Microsoft already has patch for this so google for it, this is due to your busy process working simotanously at once.

Yeah, a link would be nice as well as the definition of the "busy process".

HyperNode
01-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Well to be honest unless you understand how harddrive works when it access data to read/write, relocate, remove then you will only get confused if you haven't seen memory map of a file yet. As you have to understand the concept of cluster and status of given field. Keep in mind we are not using DMA any more it was after ATA-4 that it was changed to Ultra-DMA for HDD's primary way to communicate with other device. Now depending on the task you are doing and number of process accessing the disk each of the duration of task itself will be affected.

For example let say you are accessing hda now it has 2 volume 0 and 1. Now you are reading file from hda0 while in hda1 you are allocating a selected group of data cluster and removing it (not same as Windows method of delete as it will just remove the file and rename it unless completely erased secure way). At the same time you open and copy a iso9660 and saving it in hda0. Now all three of this process is accessing the same HD so the duration of each task would be effected. Once again you have to know how a harddrive works to hardware level to understand how the arm, head moves on each platter even when they are doing it simotanously at once.

But any ways here is the link from M$> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/931770 <

PS: As windows try to emulate more and more like UNIX platform wannabe. Some of the poor memory handling methods has yet to be tested by them let alone trying to multi task. If anyone of you are interested or like to know me then just drop me a PM ill be happy to explain it.

clocker
01-06-2008, 05:53 PM
I don't see how your explanation of how a HDD works and that MS hotfix have anything to do with each other- maybe I'm just dense.

HyperNode
01-06-2008, 07:46 PM
I don't see how your explanation of how a HDD works and that MS hotfix have anything to do with each other- maybe I'm just dense.

Unless you understand how HD works you won't understand the problem let alone the fix itself. Its all connected and not magic how it works. Don't try to google any of this unless you have background in IT or understand hardware basic levels it would be pointless.

lynx
01-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Clocker, you are such a noob. :rolleyes:

clocker
01-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Apparently.

The jig is up.

supper
01-07-2008, 12:15 AM
:unsure:ok

Broken
01-07-2008, 01:46 AM