PDA

View Full Version : which torrent sites ban and dont ban for sharing id's?

pentium2
12-26-2007, 08:37 AM
the way i see it.. sharing is almost the same as inviting a known friend..... which torrent sites ban and dont ban for sharing id's?....no change of password, no change of email....but downlaoding and uploading from 2 or more different ip's of different countries swedvdr doesn't ban for sharing id's even ftn doesnt mind either....

pandabear
12-26-2007, 08:39 AM
I think ftn minds when you have more than 1 ip logging into an account.

bossapoelara
12-26-2007, 08:40 AM

thats not true

pentium2
12-26-2007, 08:47 AM
logging in... is fine with any torrent site... i am asking.. would they ban if found seeding and leeching from 2 or more different ip's or different countries...if yes... which are those sites?

corpse
12-26-2007, 08:55 AM
Check the site rules. There's usually in FAQ something like that:

Multiple IPs (Can I login from different computers?)Or just ask the staff if you're not sure.

stitched
12-26-2007, 08:56 AM
I heard(not sure,if some1 can confirm it) sct bans if found leeching or seeding from 2 diff ip's of diff country.....to be honest i dont know y these torrent sites are against sharing id's.....like you already said its almost the same as inviting a known friend
waffles does not mind

Check the site rules. There's usually in FAQ something like that:

Multiple IPs (Can I login from different computers?)Or just ask the staff if you're not sure.

this is only if its from the same country...like office and home.....

Cheffy
12-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Some sites will raise a red flag when different ip's is used for one account.
But most will not take much action before they see it happen at the same time or they see you downloading at two different loaction at the same time. Most boxes are on known ips, so they will not take action on that. But if they see you downloaing several things twise. Like downloading Every hot tv episode twise and downloading several movies twise.
But for most sites they do not mind you loging in from different ips, atleest not form the same country.

DanielleD87
12-26-2007, 11:30 AM
as far as I know most bt sites will ban you for downloading from more then one 1 ip at once, but will do nothing if seeding from more then 1 ip at once.

Daniel
12-26-2007, 02:11 PM
A few trackers, but none of the important ones I think, limit you to the IP you last logged in from. This automatically disables the option to download from multiple locations.

I've never had any experience with account sharing though so I'm of no help here. What I do know is that it's a rule on pretty much every tracker and don't expect to get away with that forever. Every tracker may just start to enforce it at some point.

pentium2
12-26-2007, 03:13 PM
y would they want to enforce it...just because they say its a rule they cant justify it...sharing an id does not hurt anyone....it just does not make sense to enforce such a thing.......i tot bit torrent is all about sharing stuff....and people who would believe that 1 ip - 1 id are just insane....trust me when they would enforce such a thing it will just violate everything bit-torrent stands for ....i cant believe even the users think its a right thing to do....have u ever noticed all the sites have the same rules,same faq's... no one has tried to improvise it or change it ....its like..." follow the herd "mentality...some one creates the rules 3 years back...and every one just copy's it in all sites...sharing an id should be promoted if any...it just makes people trust each other more..no one even questions these rules anymore....everything that man creates has flaws and RULES r full of it....just do not blindly accept whatever they tell you tips:A herd is a large group of animals. usually dumb animals...like a flock of sheep or pigs.....they never say a heard of lions...a pride of lions...u have to decide what r u "A DONKEY" or "a human".... i am sorry i just could not take it anymore when people say they should enforce it like its a circus...and they r the ring master...if not anything do not support such an insane rule....they would not exist without you and me....they r here to help us run things smoothly and a just manner.....they r getting paid for it while you and i are just here for the love of sharing stuff with each other....(they should respect us,not us su*king their di*k's).i am totally against these few rules....of course some rules are really good and necessary.

Tokeman
12-26-2007, 03:34 PM
I think waffles allows up to 4 IP's. I may be wrong, but I thought I read that on their site.

dineshreddy
12-26-2007, 03:53 PM
logging in is fine in any site ,but downloading will have impact

DKre8ive1
12-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Having more then one pc or seedbox is one thing, but you do realize that there has been occasions where the member shares his account and then ends up getting cheated or taken advantage of and thats when they come crying to the site for help in getting there account back.

Hey downloading or seeding from more then one pc which would be the case if you have a seedbox and home pc is ok, but as soon as you trust someone with your own personal account don't come back to us saying that you didn't know better.

Galva
12-26-2007, 09:53 PM
A few trackers, but none of the important ones I think, limit you to the IP you last logged in from. This automatically disables the option to download from multiple locations.

No it doesn't...once a torrent is started that IP is locked to the tracker - you can then proceed to login to the website via another IP and start the torrent again with a new IP......it's a real pain in the ass with a seedbox. Why these trackers refuse to move to the passkey system is beyond me.

Daniel
12-26-2007, 10:06 PM

No it doesn't...once a torrent is started that IP is locked to the tracker - you can then proceed to login to the website via another IP and start the torrent again with a new IP......it's a real pain in the ass with a seedbox. Why these trackers refuse to move to the passkey system is beyond me.
Well it is technically possible this way, no doubt about that. But does this really work as you explain? Only the latest IP is saved and recognized which should cause the first PC/torrent-client to receive an error message again with the next update. I have my doubts about this method because it's likely to be a security issue which allows easier cheating - without any additional tools but a standard webbrowser.

pandabear
12-26-2007, 10:13 PM

thats not true
I meant as in account sharing.

Tsvetanov
12-27-2007, 12:34 AM
I shared my Supertorrents acc with some friend, from same country. He didnt download anything.. just logged in, and they banned the acc.

Galva
12-27-2007, 12:36 AM
Well it is technically possible this way, no doubt about that. But does this really work as you explain? Only the latest IP is saved and recognized which should cause the first PC/torrent-client to receive an error message again with the next update. I have my doubts about this method because it's likely to be a security issue which allows easier cheating - without any additional tools but a standard webbrowser.

It's not a security issue, in fact it's impossible to get the torrent to work without being logged in to the site with that IP at the time...but once it does start, the tracker locks the session and you are free to change IP. The passkey system is far easier to exploit, but also far less of a pain in the ass.

Here's some info for you from an faq;

Multiple IPs (Can I login from different computers?)

Yes, the tracker is now capable of following sessions from different IPs for the same user. A torrent is associated with the user when it starts, and only at that moment is the IP relevant. So if you want to seed/leech from computer A and computer B with the same account you should access the site from computer A, start the torrent there, and then repeat both steps from computer B (not limited to two computers or to a single torrent on each, this is just the simplest example). You do not need to login again when closing the torrent.

stoi
12-27-2007, 01:38 AM
k, on blackcats, you can login using 2 diffrent ips, we have the passkey system so thats not a problem.

but we do advise you do not, download or seed the same torrent from 2 different IPs, this causes the announce historys to look very wierd, even to the point that a staff member may ban you for cheating, or the tracker will auto ban you for to fast an upload speed.

its hard to explain but imagine 2 ips announcing to the tracker every 30 minutes each, but they are not perfectly in sync.

you will have one ip downloading faster than the other, also uploading faster than the other, so lets say User A has uploaded 4 gig, user B has uploaded 200meg, the speed difference will be huge, probably - 10mbs to + 10mbs (maybe even more this isnt exact) but im sure you get my drift.

also any hit and runs user B does on Users A`s account, user A is responsible for.

so if you do get banned for hit and runs then dont come crying to the staff.

Regarding the Rules/FAQ/Useragreement:

Its standard in all trackers, its taking us a goos while to do the FAQ, i havnt even looked at the Useragreement (have you looked at that thing, you need to be a lawer and a year free time) but we do have a staff member re-writing the rules now, so they will be changed even though its taken years.

The priority is never the Rules and FAQ, especially if they are close to what you want anyway, priority is making your tracker, better and more stable than the stock one that you got when you first downloaded it.