PDA

View Full Version : Tigers

Biggles
12-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Following the tragic death at San Francisco zoo where a tiger escaped its enclosure a reporter on CNN raised the question of why this tiger had not been put down last year when it went for a keeper.

:huh:

FFS! it's a tiger! Tiger's are dangerous and eat people. I think the reporter has been watching too much Finding Nemo.

I am slightly appalled that the zoo were

1) so incompetent the tiger got out and

2) so incompetent that they let the police blast one of the rarest animals on the planet (a female Siberian Tiger) to pieces with shot guns. Where were their people with tranquilliser guns?

The zoo owners should be lined up for a kick in the nuts by all concerned - the bereaved family, wild life conservation groups, city police etc.

Something Else
12-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Why hasn't the zookeeper been put down yet? Oh he's dead already. That's not a tragedy FFS. I hate it when people misuse that word. :dabs:

chalice
12-26-2007, 01:00 PM
I watched a keeper get mauled by a big fucking bear when I was about 10 at a zoo in France.

Unpleasant to say the least.

That bear would kick that tiger's arse easy.

Biggles
12-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Why hasn't the zookeeper been put down yet? Oh he's dead already. That's not a tragedy FFS. I hate it when people misuse that word. :dabs:

Be fair I think he might have counted it as a personal tragedy :dabs:

MediaSlayer
12-26-2007, 01:02 PM

Another one is when they(the media) say a solidier "gave his life in Iraq" when in actuality they don't martyr themselves buy jumping in front of bullets willingly they just get shot by angry insurgents who in fact "take" their life.

no spellcheck, too sleepy.

Something Else
12-26-2007, 01:16 PM

Bah..that's no tragedy. A tragedy is more than one man being eaten.

Biggles
12-26-2007, 01:23 PM

Bah..that's no tragedy. A tragedy is more than one man being eaten.

It was tragic for the tiger too though.

Something Else
12-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Tragic and unfortunate are two very different things. As far as I know.

Biggles
12-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Tragic and unfortunate are two very different things. As far as I know.

True - being blasted to pieces by a shotguns is a bit tragic - my bread sauce not thickening is unfortunate

that is how I tell them apart...you got to have a system

http://www.theambassadors.com/common_graphics/productions/p1437_m1.jpg

Mr. Mulder
12-26-2007, 01:46 PM
obviously a ninja tiger.

Something Else
12-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Being blasted to pieces by a shotguns is not tragic :dabs:

Biggles
12-26-2007, 01:52 PM

Soufle failing to rise is closer to tragic obviousment

Something Else
12-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Agreed. That most definitely is. :O

chalice
12-26-2007, 01:55 PM

It is if you've just won the lottery and were gonna donate it all for research for cancer to a scientist geezer who was just on the brink of discovering a cure who was eaten by a tiger just before he went to cash the cheque. The tiger also ate his research notes.

Something Else
12-26-2007, 01:56 PM
chalice understands the word tragic perfectly. Thanks for that fine explanation. :smilie4:

Mr. Mulder
12-26-2007, 02:17 PM
i bet they had tiger steaks that night to celebrate ewesing their weapons :smilie4:

Busyman
12-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Chris Rock: "They say the tiger went crazy. That Tiger went TIGER!"