PDA

View Full Version : Ip Adresses Load Into Sygate Firewall

p_funk
07-25-2003, 11:23 PM
I have been using peer guardian for a while and read in here about loading the IP's into Sygate firewall, and I did it. My question is since I have done this do I need to use peer guardian anymore, and I also have another question and that is when Sygate blocks the IP's from connecting is it supposed to give you a message, and if not how you tell the it is working. Thank you for any help. :beerchug:

balamm
07-25-2003, 11:34 PM
Configure the logs in Sygate and you will have a record.
By default, Sygate only notifies you when you have chosen to block a web access request from a local program.

p_funk
07-26-2003, 12:05 AM
I am sorry this may be a stupid question but how do you do that. I could probably figure it out if I had it in front of me, but I am at work right now and cannot look at it. :beerchug:

ghost944
07-26-2003, 12:19 AM
you know you did not have to put them all in i already had one, if you asked around a bit you would have found the link and all you would have had to do was update it which would have took 5 mins at most.

My question is since I have done this do I need to use peer guardian anymoreno not realy
and I also have another question and that is when Sygate blocks the IP's from connecting is it supposed to give you a message, and if not how you tell the it is working.it only gives you a message if it blockes an app from connecting, you can find out if any of the ips have been blocked is by right clicking on the sygate icon in the task bar go to
Logs>Traffic log
the arrows with the X on are traffic that has been blocked to and from that ip address, to find out if it was an advanced rule that blocked that ip go to the far right of the Traffic log and you will see a columb called "Rule Name" this will tell you the name of the rule that has been applied to that bit of traffic if.

Also could export the blocklist and e-mail it to me please.

p_funk
07-26-2003, 12:53 AM
Yesterday I had Sygate and peer guardian open and it seemed that peer guardian would close the connections and Sygate was not doing anything. Maybe I was looking at the traffic log wrong, but I could not find where Sygate was doing anything to keep the connections from happening, it seems that pg was taking care of closing the connections which is fine. As far as the list I used to load into Sygate, I just used the one from this web site http://methlab.tech.nu/ which is the one everyone seems to suggest. All it said to do is to paste the list into Sygate. I will check when I get home from luch,to make sre I did it right :beerchug:

ghost944
07-26-2003, 01:07 AM
yea i know about the peer guardian blocklist but what I'm after is your sygate blocklist as the sygate blocklist is in a different format, the list you have just done will have more bad ips than mine as i have never updated for about 1 month as a few people said i should continue updating it but there was more people saying it is pointless so i discontinued updating the list and took the link out of my Sig.
I'm in no hurry for it but if you get time it would be much appreciated if you could email the sygate format (.DAT) blocklist to me ;)