PDA

View Full Version : Do Parents "disapprove"

Neil__
07-26-2003, 12:13 AM
Because they dont trust anything they Haven't tried?

Neil

tite-wad
07-26-2003, 12:18 AM
I think it's probably just the pink & green hair, nose-rings and tattoos that give them pause. http://www.emule-project.net/board/html/emoticons/punk.gif

Neil__
07-26-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by tite-wad@26 July 2003 - 01:18
I think it's probably just the pink & green hair, nose-rings and tattoos that give them pause. http://www.emule-project.net/board/html/emoticons/punk.gif

If my kid did that I'd subtly disapprove and love nim/her.

Rdit : Or should I say incourage?

WeeMouse
07-26-2003, 01:41 AM
I thoink parents don't like the thought of their wee babies growing up..makes 'em feel older and they don't seem to like that!

I speak with experience at being a teenager.....i think parents remember what they got up to as teenagers and can't stand thr thought of their weans doing the same!

:)

chalkmongoose
07-26-2003, 01:45 AM
I think that someone else on the boards said it best: "what did parents DO at their age that makes 'em so suspicious of us?"
I know both my 'rents smoked pot, and I think my dad still has his bong somewhere.

Lilmiss
07-26-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by tite-wad@26 July 2003 - 00:18
thats meeeeeee..........almost. :blink:

Neil__
07-26-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by chalkmongoose@26 July 2003 - 02:45
I think that someone else on the boards said it best: "what did parents DO at their age that makes 'em so suspicious of us?"
I know both my 'rents smoked pot, and I think my dad still has his bong somewhere.

Sorry.

I wasn't copying.

I can't be everyehere.

and I think I phrased it better.

Neil.

JONNO_CELEBS
07-26-2003, 01:54 AM
Weemouse has hit the nail bang on :D

A:-They don't want to see their baby grow up (my mum still try's to mother me and I'm 26 and left home at 16)

B:-For the most part they 'can't stand the thought of you doing what they done, in the same way I tell my nephew never to smoke..........with a fag in my hand :rolleyes:

@Lilmiss:- Rocker Pixie Chick B)

Jonno B)

chalkmongoose
07-26-2003, 01:55 AM
@ Neil, I wasn't "dissing" you. You completely misread me mater. I was trying to provide a compliment to your original question.

WeeMouse
07-26-2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@26 July 2003 - 02:54
Weemouse has hit the nail bang on :D

A:-They don't want to see their baby grow up (my mum still try's to mother me and I'm 26 and left home at 16)

B:-For the most part they 'can't stand the thought of you doing what they done, in the same way I tell my nephew never to smoke..........with a fag in my hand :rolleyes:

@Lilmiss:- Rocker Pixie Chick B)

Jonno B)
Hehe I'm going through it all right now me pal! :D

My mum tried to tell me off for going to the pub....to be fair, i am underage, but my mum herself admitted to me that she started to drink and smoke at a ridiculously young age, so i don't think she can complain at me going out for one drink to celebrate a pal's 18th!

Going now to play geetar even tho it's 3am..........just as well i have no amplifier yet :lol:

JONNO_CELEBS
07-26-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by WeeMouse@26 July 2003 - 02:00

Going now to play geetar even tho it's 3am..........just as well i have no amplifier yet :lol:
Rock chick B)

Hope you doing ok with it :)

Jonno B)

chalkmongoose
07-26-2003, 02:38 AM
More than one thing can be used as an amp. I've found that by playing by a good microphone, and recording into a computer that broadcasts through surround-sound, you can get killer quality! (And I still can't find my guitar, I think one of my former buddies chucked it out the window)