PDA

View Full Version : torrents vs scene ftp

matta12
12-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Whats are advantages of torrents particulary ftn over other well known scene ftps?

Thanks guys!

Tokeman
12-27-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm not too familliar with current scene ftp's, but last I checked, one good thing about torrents was the older content. FTP's fill up quickly, and they are always taking off old data for new stuff, making it hard/impossible to find anything but the latest releases.

matta12
12-27-2007, 04:18 PM
back in 2002 razor had great ftp wich contained all releases back from 1996. i assume youre onside new generation. i want torrents to live longer for you guys, but admins dont check my posts to take advice. servers must be in russia in order there wont be any take down.

long live guys! enjoy in torrenting and theres no need to be so picky about torrents no ne of them are so special every one is unique has good and bad sides like every person.

Greetings to all especialy ppls who remember jimmy jamez :)

Greetings to demonoid stuff and all other ppls, happy hollidays for every nation, no matter when/if they have xmas or not!

Tokeman
12-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Wow, if I could find some ftps that have older releases, I would just love it! Maybe I should have explored the ftp scene more before moving on... Oh well.

DjDjazzer
12-27-2007, 04:40 PM
:lol:

Vitality
12-27-2007, 04:50 PM
by the way were to find this Scene ftp. addresses.......plz can anyone let me know....

stroj
12-27-2007, 04:57 PM
by the way were to find this Scene ftp. addresses.......plz can anyone let me know....

Nope, scene ftp's are private.

FatBob
12-27-2007, 05:38 PM
how do private tracker uploaders get scene axx ? do they pay for it ?

bikernin
12-27-2007, 05:43 PM
you cannot compare scene ftps to torrent sites :lol:
the only advantage torrents have is good forums and community

wrongun92
12-27-2007, 05:54 PM
you cannot compare scene ftps to torrent sites :lol:
the only advantage torrents have is good forums and community

yes, the human factor makes it more poplular for your average Joe

SiNa
12-27-2007, 05:56 PM

yes

matta12
12-27-2007, 06:01 PM
@bikernin i compared them because i see that many ppls here are whining about ftn and about access to torrents :) and i wanted ppls to explore scene a bit more before moving to torrents.

@tokeman my advice is for you to look for good one curry older guy preferarebly, whos independent not in any group but still all groups loves him, let him add to his ftp, and just request what you need by date and name, and enjoy :)

about torrents i have everything i wanted, wich is elearning, i dont use torrents much, only when i feel that something i have is missing and valuable. so it will take me time before i post giveaway but i will definately help other guys here when right time shows up.

Im the guy who love also bbses back in 1992. mirage ppls if youre out there greetings :)

FatBob
12-27-2007, 06:04 PM
@bikernin i compared them because i see that many ppls here are whining about ftn and about access to torrents :) and i wanted ppls to explore scene a bit more before moving to torrents.

@tokeman my advice is for you to look for good one curry older guy preferarebly, whos independent not in any group but still all groups loves him, let him add to his ftp, and just request what you need by date and name, and enjoy :)

about torrents i have everything i wanted, wich is elearning, i dont use torrents much, only when i feel that something i have is missing and valuable. so it will take me time before i post giveaway but i will definately help other guys here when right time shows up.

Im the guy who love also bbses back in 1992. mirage ppls if youre out there greetings :)

but torrents are free and for scene you have to pay . correct ? :unsure:

matta12
12-27-2007, 06:15 PM
fatbob : if admins of scene wants their site go sooner or later under investigation answer would be yes, like few years ago big bust happened (and german admin went down because of it)but many many good are not for sale.

but dont take it seriously just like we are saying we are just expressing our opinion and even torrents arent free, they are private, look czone, look others they are looking for donation in order to gain good ratio :)

So free or not free its just depends on each others opinion :)

Mother of all torrents for me is demonoid and will remain the one, and others can say whatever they want about ftn, for me demonoid is no 1:)

About comunity scene vs torrents i would say is that any comunity is good depends how you look on it :)

Xer0
12-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Ftp Take

magushun
12-27-2007, 07:34 PM
everybody can get into torrent sites. The higher lvl sites have some exclusive contents, but som any lowlife nerds are jerking to having them, its getting disgusting. to getting ftps its much harder recently

pandabear
12-27-2007, 07:41 PM

Scene is like the real world. There is no free lunch, you gotta offer something up to get axx. Usually its putting money in, or donating a server, or being a ripper yourself.

Tho alot of uploaders get the axx from site owners, or higher up staff who have axx for various reasons (owning a topsite, or donating sever etc)

DanielleD87
12-27-2007, 07:49 PM
most uploaders at trackers have dump access not scene access that they pay for.

getting into the scene is so much easier today then it was 10 years ago since it has blown up in size. it is almost a joke actually how public some topsites are. however, if you struggle getting on a site like ftn i wouldn't recommend aiming for the scene. getting on to higher torrent sites is a joke compared to getting on to topsites. if you struggle with bt there is no point to even aim for the big leagues.

FatBob
12-27-2007, 08:36 PM
so if i offer a scene guy with a 100mbit server , can i get access to dump site or scene top site ?

:shutup:

Kyl3KK
12-27-2007, 08:38 PM
That's good news, I've never really struggled with BT. Don't have anything to offer the scene though so I could never get in, but I would love it if I could.

DanielleD87
12-27-2007, 09:08 PM
FatBob you would need a min of 2 boxes because the scene will not associate with p2p. You'd have 1 box just for the topsite and another that downloads and seeds what you want from the topsite.

That and 100megbit/s boxes will not go far. It really needs to be gigabit. Most 100megbit/s sites are slow. Sure a rls might start 10 sec after pre but how long until it finishes? it feels like hours to race a dvd. that and most 100megbit/s sites are smaller so they only have current rls and not month old stuff, and fewer sections than gigabit.

pandabear
12-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Yea i forgot to mention that, you need two boxes. One which you "donate" to them, and one you use to race stuff.

FatBob
12-27-2007, 09:19 PM
FatBob you would need a min of 2 boxes because the scene will not associate with p2p. You'd have 1 box just for the topsite and another that downloads and seeds what you want from the topsite.

That and 100megbit/s boxes will not go far. It really needs to be gigabit. Most 100megbit/s sites are slow. Sure a rls might start 10 sec after pre but how long until it finishes? it feels like hours to race a dvd. that and most 100megbit/s sites are smaller so they only have current rls and not month old stuff, and fewer sections than gigabit.

thanks for the info :happy:

no wonder why the sceners gets pissed off when these
" expensive " releases get leaked to p2p and people download it for free :lol:

DanielleD87
12-27-2007, 09:23 PM
i'm $0 myself ;)

jonsonica
12-27-2007, 10:13 PM
you are lucky danielle

DanielleD87
12-28-2007, 12:16 AM
nope

matta12
12-28-2007, 12:29 AM
the reason i opened this thread is to try to open more kindness between admins of private trackers and potentional new members of torrent community, because no torrent tracker can compare to good scene ftp if you got good crew and good connections :)

I would like to make ppls to have great world with no calling cheaters because ppls run away because they dont seed, of course everyone wants to seed, but see now ppls have to pay for seedboxes (ones who dont have good connection) in order to stay a member on certain tracker, I would say seeding is great and what we all want but the others that cant do it for some reason dont make big deal out of it.

For me not such a good thing is when you invite "cheater" you loose invite possibility
This can happen and that person maybe dont have good connection to stay active, but if its p2p to share then why block others who wanted to help others. thats my opinion.

Also this rep things. and you deserve it you dont deserve it such a comment. ppls here are used to look on bit torrent reputation because they allowed their brain to function based on what someone else added in sticky levels of certain tracker, and most of members here make a big deal out of it. and that again cant be compared to ftp scene.

So admins: help others to join your trackers, but in order to protect your tracker have your servers in russia and ure done.

When ill upload enough quality stuff about elearning i will give free invites to elearning ppls.

Because i use only bittorrent for elearning cant promise anyone to count for me or something else anymore because im officially dead.

Hope this helps! :)

pandabear
12-28-2007, 02:00 AM
I hope your kidding. The best sites are formed by intially letting anyone join, and slowly and steadily weeding out bad users, until regs close, and then invites given to good users. Its a long process, and to just let anyone in, and not punish those who invite poor users, would ruin it.

DanielleD87
12-28-2007, 02:36 AM
actually the best sites are where specific people are offered to join only and are required to prove their qualification before being allowed to stay on the site. sites like that tend to be so private that the only people who know about the site are on it and they don't even know the site until after being invited.

matta12
12-28-2007, 02:40 AM
@pandabear i guess you misunderstood my point there,and its not necessary for me to comment on your post from different angle we both agree on your point, however i looked at this at totally honest prospective and from different angle again. Scene way dosent have such problems.

For me its cool :)

The point is to teach common cheaters love, so when they learn it they will share with others and thats how everyone will benefit from it :)

tusks
12-28-2007, 05:38 AM
Anyways, getting back to the topic...
Scene FTP's: Faster pre times (obviously), very private and secure, excellent download speeds, never having to seed back. Note: These are meant for sceners, not "p2p lamers" like us :pinch:
Top Level Trackers: Sense of community, content packs, not relying on a single server for content
Content really depends on what you have access to.

Feel free to add to this list. All I know is, I don't care about super speedy pre-times as long as I can get the content I want. Didn't your mother's teach you any patience ;)

DanielleD87
12-28-2007, 05:52 AM
not relying on a single server for content
Content really depends on what you have access to.
actually.... oh nevermind.

horiZen
12-28-2007, 06:41 AM
actually the best sites are where specific people are offered to join only and are required to prove their qualification before being allowed to stay on the site. sites like that tend to be so private that the only people who know about the site are on it and they don't even know the site until after being invited.

lol,,,quite true

these sites are not known on FST or any other forums ;-

sense
12-28-2007, 07:07 AM
that and most 100megbit/s sites are smaller so they only have current rls and not month old stuff, and fewer sections than gigabit.

Small correction, speed really has nothing to do with the space. I've had access to a few dump sites (100Mbit), one had over 10TB's of just music and another had over 20TB's of movies (non HD, xvid/dvdr)/tvshows.

Also with 100Mbit you could have a DVD up within 7-10min, it's not that bad. :)

DanielleD87
12-28-2007, 08:19 AM
i'm talking about racing sites. i've been on 50x100 in the past when gigabit was only ran by the fbi years ago and people where scared of gigabit but today i find sites like 6x100 and 50x1000. maybe it is my luck, but i don't see big 100megbit/s race sites any more.

also, 20tb? well that is bigger then i've seen in a long while on 100megbit/s but i've seen easily bigger on gigabit. i know hdd has nothing to do with speed. i just mean that why invest into a 100 site when you can invest into a 1000 site?

RainRoofer
12-28-2007, 09:14 AM
If you have good upload you don't need scene ftp, cuz their releases are spread everywhere.And specialized trackers and those with old content ftw!

DanielleD87
12-28-2007, 10:18 AM
where if the fun if you can't talk to the original person who upped the release and thank them personally? sheesh

and now i think i've said way to much.

Morgoth
12-28-2007, 10:19 AM
the reason i opened this thread is to try to open more kindness between admins of private trackers and potentional new members of torrent community, because no torrent tracker can compare to good scene ftp if you got good crew and good connections :)

I would like to make ppls to have great world with no calling cheaters because ppls run away because they dont seed, of course everyone wants to seed, but see now ppls have to pay for seedboxes (ones who dont have good connection) in order to stay a member on certain tracker, I would say seeding is great and what we all want but the others that cant do it for some reason dont make big deal out of it.

For me not such a good thing is when you invite "cheater" you loose invite possibility
This can happen and that person maybe dont have good connection to stay active, but if its p2p to share then why block others who wanted to help others. thats my opinion.

Also this rep things. and you deserve it you dont deserve it such a comment. ppls here are used to look on bit torrent reputation because they allowed their brain to function based on what someone else added in sticky levels of certain tracker, and most of members here make a big deal out of it. and that again cant be compared to ftp scene.

So admins: help others to join your trackers, but in order to protect your tracker have your servers in russia and ure done.

When ill upload enough quality stuff about elearning i will give free invites to elearning ppls.

Because i use only bittorrent for elearning cant promise anyone to count for me or something else anymore because im officially dead.

Hope this helps! :)

Well said.

sense
12-28-2007, 10:43 AM
i'm talking about racing sites. i've been on 50x100 in the past when gigabit was only ran by the fbi years ago and people where scared of gigabit but today i find sites like 6x100 and 50x1000. maybe it is my luck, but i don't see big 100megbit/s race sites any more.

also, 20tb? well that is bigger then i've seen in a long while on 100megbit/s but i've seen easily bigger on gigabit. i know hdd has nothing to do with speed. i just mean that why invest into a 100 site when you can invest into a 1000 site?

Ahh ok but race sites don't really have that much from my experience and they make their way onto dump sites very quickly, faster than you would see them on any torrent site. In my experience I haven't really seen any large gbit servers. I am not discounting what you have said just going by what I have experienced. Also the sites I was associated with only had a handful of members, it would be really rare for everyone to be downloading at the same time so 100Mbit was plenty to leech from.

Totti
12-28-2007, 10:49 AM
a few years back it would of made a big difference if you had access to a "scene ftp" because of speed and content but truely with torrent sites now it;s not worth the trouble of trying to get into these sites which are very exclusive and if you don't have any skillz that can help out the group you won't be let in

stroj
12-28-2007, 12:04 PM
For foreign content, you cant really compare those 2

matta12
12-28-2007, 02:19 PM
lets focus more instead of comparing how new torrent members can become part of torrent community and how admins shouldnt worry so much about their trackers about cheaters but instead of preventing their tracker to be down, i mentioned my opinions what they should do in previous post in order this whole group of wonderfull ppls will benefit from and protect each other. once we all learn to love others that will bring more seeders and more joy and much more better community.

and remember its not about being right or wrong its about helping others. please understand that for security reasons i would not be able to answer on sensitive questions via pm.

stoi
12-28-2007, 02:40 PM
k well sorry but i have to say something here, what exactly have you told us, that russia is safe, cheers we already gathered that.

I sent a PM to him asking 1 simple ?.

Which host/s in russia would he reccomend to run a tracker from, thought it would save me a little bit of legwork.

and all i have back is security, PMs not the way to do things, admins on here etc etc etc.

so looks like it me doing the legwork, i didnt want help securing it or setting it up.

and no where is 100% safe, it might just take longer for them to get you.

matta12
12-28-2007, 02:51 PM
@stoi use yandex hopefully ull get what u need instead of google :)

danio
12-28-2007, 03:13 PM
the point of private trackers is that they are private. there are public trackers out there that average joe can use if he can't manage to get inside the private ones.

ceasar
12-28-2007, 11:55 PM
for sceners, not "p2p lamers" like us :pinch:
Lolz, mate, "lamers" are out there in the cold, waiting for cheap DVDz for 5-7$ on Black Friday and Christmas sales ::lol:

jr56
12-29-2007, 04:02 AM
where if the fun if you can't talk to the original person who upped the release and thank them personally? sheesh

:shutup:

:lol: