PDA

View Full Version : Why It happens only in FST .. Ne Explanations

svergie
12-28-2007, 02:06 AM
Guys its been a year since i have seen lots of funny , crazy things in FST. One thing amazes me is its follow through.

I have seen this happend and happening.

If ne 1 starts with requesting 1 invite For example right now
we are have thread requesting I play. Then u see 1000 People requesting same thing 100000 times. its wonders me if someone by mistake ask a tracker which is rite away offtopic all of sudden 1000 people say I want : plsss. Thousands of threads.. No uniqueness, just like train with 20 compartments..
we can see as of now since last 2 weeks or so 50 threads for I play.. Dont know when this change , and see new trends in FST. Thanks for listening

th0r
12-28-2007, 02:11 AM
My thinking is that certain trackers are just flavors of the month, so to speak; there are all kinds of requests for countless trackers here all the time, but some are more known than others. Another idea is when someone from those elite trackers gives away an invite here (e.g. a C.R., or an elite user), or even just asks about it, the majority of users who are or might be looking for the same thing jump on the request bandwagon to see if they get lucky. Otherwise, they can use that lucky invitee as sort of a sympathetic bearing for their request, like, "So-and-so got lucky and received said invite last week, so why not me this time?"

Edit: There really is no set linguistic formula or template for asking for something, I think most users here are either lazy, don't speak English well, or are just grammatically-challenged when they write their requests. My theory on the hundreds of requests on this forum almost daily is that if someone gets it, than anyone can; it's sort of like throwing a bunch of cards into a hat, and a blind hand picking one once a month or so.

chillincool
12-28-2007, 02:17 AM
It's like fashion trends, trackers fade and reappear in peoples interest after they see somebody else mention it.

pandabear
12-28-2007, 02:23 AM
These people are just collectors. It doesn't hurt them to throw their name in for a invite to a site, they will never use.

wrongun92
12-28-2007, 02:26 AM
Edit: There really is no set linguistic formula or template for asking for something, I think most users here are either lazy, don't speak English well, or are just grammatically-challenged when they write their requests. My theory on the hundreds of requests on this forum almost daily is that if someone gets it, than anyone can; it's sort of like throwing a bunch of cards into a hat, and a blind hand picking one once a month or so.

Many of the requesters are not lazy, are proficient in English, and aren't grammatically challenged. Neither do they lack in creativity. Sometimes, its luck and timing.

Many givers dont like creativity. Thats seen as bull....

vinhkhang01
12-28-2007, 02:29 AM
I guess they will wait for the right time to ask for certain invite.
iPlay just gave invites to certain user groups for Xmas gift.
No one asks for TL right now because its invitation is locked atm.
Once their invitation is reopened, you will see many people asking for TL again.
Same for PiSexy which is closed for invitation.

snap3r
12-28-2007, 02:40 AM
vinhkhang01 clean ur inbox please :)

Crutavv
12-28-2007, 02:51 AM
@vinhkhang01 - you are right... people are not too much stupid how think some ppl in this thread...
---
@th0r - english is not everything, you are on non english trackers too or wanna be there /I dont know/... and nobody said you lame or...
more respect for others pls :)

sear
12-28-2007, 03:13 AM
It's basically human nature. People always want what they don't have. The saying the grass is always greener on the other side covers it pretty well. People see others getting lucky or they hear about a tracker on this forum and they want it.

I can understand that pretty well. What tends to get me is the mentality that you deserve or are owed the tracker. Most of the l337 trackers people are asking for are small communities based on ever widening networks of friends. By begging for it in public instead of begging your friends you're destroying the whole thing that makes those trackers worth joining. Because lets face it all the files can be found on easy to get private trackers or even semi-public places with open signups.

There's also the fact that many are collectors and just want what they think everyone else has...worst thing in the world is to put your arse on the line and invite someone to a tracker only to find they don't use it :dabs:...well I suppose there are worse things but it still sucks.

IGetMoney
12-28-2007, 03:48 AM
i see that happen also maybe they think its a good time to ask since everyone else is also asking (Requesting)

aysomc
12-28-2007, 04:11 AM
i usually just ignore those. the ones i like to actually look at are the oddballs asking for like mma-tracker or something that you would never ask for unless you had a real interest in something the tracker offers. 90% of the requests are bullshit from people who wont really use the trackers and just want to collect. it gets annoying though because now those good people that want it for the right reasons get overlooked and put in with the rest of the d-bags begging for shit they wont use.

svergie
12-28-2007, 04:19 AM
very true , infact some of the precious trackers going waste can be properly used by other guys

bikernin
12-28-2007, 12:35 PM
a sudden demand for joining a certain tracker occurs when the tracker opens its invites after a long time. a few people have been genuinely waiting to get onto it and hence they make their requests as soon as this happens. what happens is our fellow traders and collectors see the opportunity and end up making requests as well. in the fiasco, we lose track of who those genuine people were. its strange really. and the fact that a tracker moves up in the WTAW levels only adds to this demand effect. most people want to get in just to see what the fuss is all about. the irony is they are the part of the mob creating the fuss in the first place. go figure..