PDA

View Full Version : Keeping a good ratio at ScT?

sonofisis
12-28-2007, 06:13 AM
Hello.. I actually have what is probably a fairly common question. Does anyone have any idea how someone with say, a mere 40 KB/s upload speed can keep a good ratio on ScT while still satisfying their basic needs? Are there any legal strategies that one may be able to use?

iam1337
12-28-2007, 06:16 AM
You would have to build your buffer in freeleech and have a very nice one to last you.

Other than that...not really

sonofisis
12-28-2007, 06:18 AM
You would have to build your buffer in freeleech and have a very nice one to last you.

Other than that...not really

My worst fear..:(

fOrUmAs
12-28-2007, 06:18 AM
Hello.. I actually have what is probably a fairly common question. Does anyone have any idea how someone with say, a mere 40 KB/s upload speed can keep a good ratio on ScT while still satisfying their basic needs? Are there any legal strategies that one may be able to use?

it is very very hard to keep good ratio with that upload,on sct many many have seedboxes but that also wouldnt be problem if they dont overseeding every torrent to 10:1..the best what u can do is seeding that torrent(s) for weeks..but since its freeleech now u have your chance to fix or buffer your ratio:)

fatcat69
12-28-2007, 06:20 AM

Well for any high level tracker you will want to get on files asap.

When I had a slow upload, I would usually grab tv shows to help with my ratio. The reason I chose tv shows is because you know exactly when they will be dropped so you can just time it perfectly. Then just share it for a day or two and you should easily get 2.0 or higher ratio per episode.

Another technique would be to use a different tracker to download the files and then share them on the tracker you are having difficulty keeping a good ratio. This way you get pure upload credit on that file without adding more to your total downloads.

pandabear
12-28-2007, 06:25 AM
Pick movies or rars from game releases, over tv shows anyday. Tv shows are good for the first few days, then the torrent dies leecher wise, while movies and games have a better long time potential. Also don't overlook overseeding from another site which you have a good buffer on.

dythim
12-28-2007, 06:29 AM
Many people have seedboxes on ScT so it's tough to maintain a ratio. You may just wanna look for a cheap seedbox and use that if it fits your budget.

Just take advantage of free leech and 2x/3x uploads.TV shows and popular movies are great. Especially with the free leech that's going on right now, the packs will boost your ratio.

Another suggestion mentioned already is to download the files from other trackers and just upload. Good luck!

sonofisis
12-28-2007, 06:33 AM
^Do you guys know how long free leech will last? Doesn't say on the front page, but it's been since the 23rd.. Good ideas also.

fatcat69
12-28-2007, 06:49 AM
Many people have seedboxes on ScT so it's tough to maintain a ratio. You may just wanna look for a cheap seedbox and use that if it fits your budget.

Dont pay for filesharing....if you are going to pay then you mine as well switch over to newsgroups to have 6mb/s download speeds and not worry about sharing

fOrUmAs
12-28-2007, 07:41 AM
^Do you guys know how long free leech will last? Doesn't say on the front page, but it's been since the 23rd.. Good ideas also.

until new year probably

briand5379
12-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Newsgroups may have the latest releases but don't nearly have the amount of content that torrent sites do. There's nothing wrong with getting yourself a small box with 250-500GB bandwidth to bump that ratio up on good sites at a cheap price. If it wasn't people with seed boxes it would be people with faster home internet's.

Plain and simple you want to compete either get a seed box or a faster home internet.

tiolewis
12-28-2007, 08:02 AM
If you have an acc on SCC , and some buffer.. you can seed the new realeses on SCT.