PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else never trade?

Lowfront
12-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Just wondering if there is anyone else out there that has never traded an invite and made it on all the top trackers? E***o, ScT, FTN, TT, etc....

puckface
12-28-2007, 06:20 PM
frick, i cant read. forget it

Polarbear
12-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Just wondering if there is anyone else out there that has never traded an invite and made it on all the top trackers? E***o, ScT, FTN, TT, etc.... Or using a forum like this before

the best way to get those trackers and most of all to keep them is not to trade.

most of the high trackers are community based. taking part in a community with a constant ban sword above your head isn't a lot of fun.

SiNa
12-28-2007, 06:26 PM
frick, i cant read. forget it

hahaha. youre funny

btw the best as polarbear is said is not to trade. but yes people still do it

fOrUmAs
12-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Just wondering if there is anyone else out there that has never traded an invite and made it on all the top trackers? E***o, ScT, FTN, TT, etc....

yes,well for ftn and sct i have been members already when i join here at FST,but i have also meet here awesome people who have help me with some (high lvl) trackers and for that im very grateful...

but some sites like TT and E*** im not interesting at all..i already have waffles and whatcd for that and also im not big music fan anyway..

there is no top trackers only favorit one:D

krunktastic
12-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Just wondering if there is anyone else out there that has never traded an invite and made it on all the top trackers? E***o, ScT, FTN, TT, etc.... Or using a forum like this before

the best way to get those trackers and most of all to keep them is not to trade.

most of the high trackers are community based. taking part in a community with a constant ban sword above your head isn't a lot of fun.

I was giving out invites on what.cd in the invite channel, and this guy was like "Thanks, wanna invite to ScT?" I said sure.

TheFoX
12-28-2007, 06:42 PM
I think the best way into a community is when you are someplace else, like here, and you contribute to the point that someone else says, 'Hey! I like what you say... Here's an invite to XXX'...

In other words, make friends and acquaintances, then they will reward you for your friendship, and nothing feels better than getting an invite from a friend, rather than a stranger.

Polarbear
12-28-2007, 06:52 PM

I was giving out invites on what.cd in the invite channel, and this guy was like "Thanks, wanna invite to ScT?" I said sure.

some time ago i met a fellow german on oink, we discussed about music and it turned out that he had the same musical taste.

after a while he told me that he didn't have any tracker for german movies, so i gave him an invite.

a few weeks later he asked me if i wanna join a good tracker for english movies and i answered yes.

that tracker was sct.

he and i didn't know anything about rarity or tracker levels. it was just a favour amongst friends.

mrnobody
12-28-2007, 07:05 PM

ScT, FTN, TT: free

among those i got one from here and other two from somewhere else.

ScreaminJay
12-28-2007, 07:07 PM
aa

PirateEagle
12-28-2007, 07:09 PM
i got all my trackers for free some of them by my friends some of them by giveaway and ofcource never traded ;)

Adam1990
12-28-2007, 07:10 PM
me

IceTee
12-28-2007, 07:17 PM

Never.

It's like what Polarbear (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/polarbear-179797) and Forumas (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/forumas-182863) said... if you stop obsessing about rarity and just try to be a part of this great community you'll eventually get there out of generosity of other users.
I don't have all the top trackers and honestly I don't want them. The one's I wanted were those with great Xvid content/speed and those with great communities. F*C, F*N, S*T etc.

It might have took might a while longer but I'm happy to have gotten here the "right way" :happy:

Cheers

psxcite
12-28-2007, 08:37 PM
Very true. I have never traded and have been invited to all these sites (except E**** , but I'm on Pedro's which is amazing) by friends and fellow FST'ers.

I never even had to ask for the invites. They enjoyed my posts and asked if I would like to be a member. Believe me when I tell you, if you simply help people and contribute - you will gain access to whatever you desire.

And don't do it just cause you want to be a member of these trackers. Do it because it's the right thing to do. I get a little satisfaction from seeing someone LOL from a post I made or knowing I helped someone with a technical issue.

tiolewis
12-28-2007, 08:55 PM
SCT , FTN , NB , FSC , BH , swedvdr and TT for free.

pandabear
12-28-2007, 08:56 PM
I ended up on most sites, after i joined a small site, which was just starting to grow, and became good friends with the staff. I talked to a lot of people, and ended up with invites to heaps of sites. Honestly tho, waiting here for an invite could take a long time. I suggest you go out there and make friends on other sites. Tho now i seem to rely on a friend's friend who seems to have VIP or a high ranking on every site, with accompanying invites, so the free invites have dried out/

Scavenger
12-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Never traded, I got S*T, TT, FT*, NB, Waffles, etc For free =)

thebazzla
12-28-2007, 09:07 PM
i have never traded anything and have never asked for them apart from 1 time for FT* and all the trackers bar the top two they have all come to me by friends

Kyl3KK
12-28-2007, 09:22 PM
Never traded and I never got turned down when I requested something. That being said, I don't mind traders.

ex, puckface was one of my best OiNK invitees ever, IIRC I asked him nicely to try not to trade the account, and he didn't. :)

dcspool12
12-28-2007, 09:39 PM
hey how about about all you generous people give me an invite?

I have been in demonoid for years but now no where to go? I will appreciate it.... especially brokenstones as i am a mac person :(

cheers

melatonin
12-28-2007, 09:46 PM
tradeless :geptard:

tiolewis
12-28-2007, 09:47 PM
hey how about about all you generous people give me an invite?

I have been in demonoid for years but now no where to go? I will appreciate it.... especially brokenstones as i am a mac person :(

cheers

You cant ask for invites here.

You should post that in the invite section (when you get the access)

lostdemon
12-28-2007, 09:48 PM
You have to wait a month before you can ask for invites and you can only do it in the
invites section. Wait a while.

RoSsoNeRI
12-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Never traded in my life. Got into ScT :angry: and TT for free.....hopefully will get FTN for free too :happy: and don't need E****

pro267
12-28-2007, 10:16 PM
To answer the OP's question, the answer is yes.
No beg threads either.

vinhkhang01
12-28-2007, 10:45 PM
Never trade... but I got many of my accounts (TL, TB, WB, DDD, FL, RevTT, ST, BS, AT, ILT, AL, BN, Sct, FTN, FSC, etc.) back in 2005 before joining FST, and it wasn't that hard to join back then. However, I lost many accts due to inactivity because of usage or on vacation (x264, ScT, PiSexy, HDbits and other HD accts, etc. which I wasn't into it at all back then). I managed to get most of my lost accts back recently.

I got a few accounts for FREE here (ElektROnik, NB, iPlay, etc.) by requesting because of the inviters' generosity.

DanielleD87
12-28-2007, 10:57 PM
it makes it harder to get what sites you want when participating in any forum of invite giving or receiving where you don't know the person offering the invite. trading as well as many other things like giveaways fall in that category.

i've declined so many invites just because i don't know the person it isn't even funny.

Night0wl
12-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Never traded.. came close though when first joining this forum, but thankfully didn't.

Got everything I want now from friends, even some that I thought I wanted, but really didn't fit my taste once seeing the selection inside. Not going to name names as what I don't like someone else might like.

The ones some of you would call high level that I don't have, I don't want.