PDA

View Full Version : Audio out of sync with home ripped AVI

tusks
12-29-2007, 01:35 AM
I was playing around with Gordian Knot and I ripped an AVI of one of my DVD Movies. Everything went exactly as I wanted it except the audio was exactly 1 second out of sync (ahead of) with the video. I have all the original files prior to the encode. Here is a bit of my VIDEO_TS_Gknot.log file that Gordian Knot generated if that helps:

Audio 1:
Mode: ac3 -> mp3
SourceFile: D:\dvd_rips\Rips\VIDEO_TS_VTS_01_PGC1\VIDEO_TS Track 1 English DELAY 0ms.ac3
WavFile: D:\dvd_rips\Rips\VIDEO_TS_VTS_01_PGC1\VIDEO_TS Track 1 English DELAY 0ms.wav
Mp3File: D:\dvd_rips\Rips\VIDEO_TS_VTS_01_PGC1\VIDEO_TS Track 1 English DELAY 0ms_1.mp3
OggFile: D:\dvd_rips\Rips\VIDEO_TS_VTS_01_PGC1\VIDEO_TS Track 1 English DELAY 0ms.ogg
OggQuality: 0.200
OggLanguage: English
Azid: -c normal
Lame: -h --abr 160
Delay: 0
Interval: 1
Preload: 500
Mux: 1
Recalc: 1
DeleteWav: 1So my question is, how do I delay the audio for exactly one second so that when I re-encode, the AVI comes out with audio perfectly synced.

peat moss
12-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Tusks have you tried VirtualDub or searched Afterdawn .com ?

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/

tusks
01-05-2008, 01:13 AM
Fixed it actually. I didn't notice that there was an option to delay the audio in the very last tab which was an unusual place to put it. Also, I did the same rip with AutoMKV and there was no audio delay :D