PDA

View Full Version : Ersan got pwned part 2

monk3y
12-29-2007, 01:29 PM
They don't have my real street address.
I don't drive a lexus, that was a VIN that I looked up for my dad because I had a carfax account and he's computer illiterate.
SoftLayer did not cancel my servers.
Google recovered my account and reset my password.
From what I can tell, the server that they're talking about was not rooted, but I'm going to reload the OS on it anyway...
This has no effect on SuperTorrents in any way, it just screws with my personal email and finances for a few days.

The worst part is not knowing the extent of the damages that have been done, if all that was done was what was stated above then I'll be fine. If they downloaded all of my emails and chat logs or something then I have a real problem on my hands.

---------------------------------

Nice attempt at damage control.... :\

We do have your real street address, among with a few others you were using. If we were just going to blank it out anyway, whats it matter? Shouldn't you be happy we did that, I guess we could go with the unedited copies of your name and addresses for the third notice. You just made an order trollandtoad.com (lol, nerd) would you like us to post the usps tracking number & address? (1) Your address is talked about many times in google chats, once again you're lucky we dont post them here.

You did buy a lexus, for $12,000. Heres some screenshots (2&3). We could always post more information about it, as we have your entire email box from a few weeks ago until now. Would you like us to? was it your father or brother that you got the carfax for, lol?

Correct softlayer did not cancel your servers, they did however cancel your account. Oh well I guess we can't win them all

You did not recover your google account, heres a nice timestamp to prove it (4). BTW quit sending I forgot my password emails to it, it's not helping. (5)

Be thankful Eric, that we didn't give you the raging that was easily possible with all of the email and google chat logs we
have. We PROBABLY won't release those, but hey you never know! :)

Face it, this kid drives a Lexus financed and paid for by piracy and p2p users hard earned dollars. This tool contributes nothing to the scene yet profits off of it and must be purged. I ask again st users, how secure do you feel with an admin that has your ip that is clearly lying to you and not smart enough to use a remotely secure password or stop using I forgot my password when his account is already pwned? Your choice....

cellkill is next
greets to rofles

mifune
12-29-2007, 01:33 PM
wow that sucks i am member at ST and that is bad news

mrnobody
12-29-2007, 02:02 PM
lolz

Presto
12-29-2007, 02:03 PM
I really don't understand those guys. What's the purpose of all that being-an-internet-detective thing? I mean why would someone just screw around, delete other persons accounts and steal the money? They really don't have anything better to do or am I missing something. Internet is indeed a serious business.

jonsonica
12-29-2007, 02:19 PM
I really don't understand those guys. What's the purpose of all that being-an-internet-detective thing? I mean why would someone just screw around, delete other persons accounts and steal the money? They really don't have anything better to do or am I missing something. Internet is indeed a serious business.
You are missing something

monk3y
12-29-2007, 02:36 PM
You are missing something

they just hate people leaking their rlss to p2p

fOrUmAs
12-29-2007, 02:39 PM
lol it seems to me that kids and many of them own many trackers..

FatBob
12-29-2007, 03:48 PM
why isnt any other siteops not supporting ersan ?

monk3y
12-29-2007, 03:58 PM

most of them hate him as well.

FatBob
12-29-2007, 04:11 PM

most of them hate him as well.

any reason behind that ? :huh:

Daniel
12-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Scene releases have been leaked to the "general public" on p2p networks for a long time and groups have hardly ever done anything but curse and bitch about it in their nfo's. In my opintion, the question should be why this case is different. Take a look at the donations screen and run some scenarios with his hosting company and you'll start to imagine where the rest of the money could have gone ;)

gtf0
12-29-2007, 06:22 PM
he got what he deserved, that arrogant dumb fuck

stoi
12-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Well i dont know him, i dont know the circumstances surrounding this at all.

but i do feel for the guy, after what happened to me just the other week, i know what hes going through. Mine was a bit different but

Mud >>> chucked in direction of you = most of the times hits and sticks and is a nightmare to get off.

what im more worried about, is this gving all trackers a bad name, and no one donating ever again to any of them, or the MPAA saying we took this site down because the owner was making XXXX a month. most of the time its a load of crap.

question is what would you rather see, 20 ads and popup and pop unders on every page you visit on a site, but no donation link, or no ads and a donation link on their.

sysops can only put money from their own pocket for so long, and in all honesty, without donation, there is no way i could afford to run the tracker where it is. well i could but i might get sick after a few months.

i just think all this mud slinging is giving bittorrent a bad name in general, NG dont get this hastle, scene releases end up on there, and you have to pay for access, thats a lot worse imo than any torrent tracker on the planet.

thing is if the scene didnt realease them, then someone would, im not knocking the scene at all, as they do good work for everyone, and i hate to see a scene release, thats been repacked and renamed and i will not tollerate that on my tracker at all.

if you download a scene release, even from 10 years ago, you should give credit to them imo.

like i said though, i dont know the full story behind this, so i cant realy comment, but i do have sympathy for him, and i can see this and other things giving torrents a bad name and it either blowing up completly, or going totally underground and no one being able to get into anywhere and any changes in account, emails, IPs, names being an instant ban.

lukee
12-29-2007, 07:33 PM
LOL scene FTW!

~JiSh~
12-29-2007, 07:47 PM
I don't think the guys who did it represent the whole scene and it's members/users.
But the poor guy surely got the worst scare of his life. Just put yourself in his shoes and you will realize what I'm going on about.

BTW, i love the scene and it's work, all the hardworking groups and all it's members

magushun
12-29-2007, 08:29 PM
this guy deserved this, collecting donations for anyithing else besides paying the bills for the server is just wrong and should be punished.

this thing that scene doesnt want his stuff on p2p is the biggest lie after the internet balloon ever went trhogugh on internet. they could so damn easily stop the releases leaking, its just hypocrite.

and btw sbody asked why the huge efforts. imagine yourself ugly as my ass with no life and pretty bored with the usual internet things.

thats the motivation

not that i dont respect all the hard work they put into releasing, its just its so ridiculous how they pretend not to be hypocrite

KennyD
12-29-2007, 08:51 PM
I wonder what p2l sites like ILT & bitsoup make from donations... I bet its a nice chunk of change. Especially with that many users...

optimus_prime
12-29-2007, 08:53 PM
don't be silly, of course scene doesn't want their work out for all cops to see.

as for st, whole erics attitude toward security was laughable, he could expect something like this.

magushun
12-29-2007, 09:06 PM
releasing isnt some kind of need, like smoking weed. both illegal, one is for self joy, one is for fame, stop acting like this isnt what you do it for.

puckface
12-30-2007, 02:21 AM
stupid bunch of immature kids. thats all it is.

Bucktoof
12-30-2007, 05:52 AM
Aren't all sites who accept donations and have several thousand members likely earning more money than they need? Some claim to donate it, upgrade their hardware, save for the times ahead where something go wrong, etc.

I agree that no one should make money from a torrent site, but I do think what these guys did is a bit much. I don't really know the entire story, everyone tends to have a different side.

pandabear
12-30-2007, 07:48 AM
So when is part 3 coming out.

fstokebanget
12-30-2007, 08:49 AM
:lol:
no my friend, let's just hope this would end nere, I'm not a big fan of ST but I think it's enough :)

monk3y
12-30-2007, 09:00 AM
if you're looking for a site that does millions it's not hard i mean it's p2l plus invites cost money they probably make millions :)

~JiSh~
12-30-2007, 09:33 AM
i see where you are going with that :p

monk3y
12-30-2007, 10:11 AM
i see where you are going with that :p
it's not that hard and they should watch themselves because it looks like they are next.

Galva
12-30-2007, 11:12 AM
Well donations are up for this month on ST, guess this didn't hurt at all.

$14850/$2500 - 594%
December, 2007 $14850

Only close to six times what the site requires to even supposedly survive...someone is living it easy, no wonder the scene is pissed.

zxcv
12-30-2007, 03:47 PM
yeah but now want to hear about SCT and $$$... I don't care if it's high level tracker or public!

fstokebanget
12-30-2007, 04:00 PM
I think ScT is now using Euros :P

~JiSh~
01-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Lol, scene should start running ads for site axx for $$$ :p Seeing they are loosing all their money to torrent sites

superm4n
01-03-2008, 04:27 PM
i feel for ersan at the end of the day, like him and like everyother good 0day tracker out there we all steal from the scene one way or the other, thats why we all use bouncers proxys and diff nicks for our ftps so we dont get caught as the scene dont like p2p and they specially dont like torrents.

the fact that ersan apperntly spent all that money is well tbh a bit shit, but at the end of the day the members can see on st how much is donated at any time hes never hid that ever, and if it was me i wouldnt be sending 50$ if the donations were at 500% that is just silly, i mean come on what does st's members expect him to do with 4000$-15000$ per month,

its a shame that ersan can be such a prick at times lol but thats what $$$ does to people )