PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please explain seedboxes to me?

Stevis
12-30-2007, 03:10 AM
I really don't understand them or how they work at all :(

I get that you download and upload to and from them...but I'm lost beyond that.

And if not an explanation, is there a thread that explains it in-depth or something?

Thanks a lot.

Actatoi
12-30-2007, 03:29 AM
Try reading some here http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-guides-and-tutorials-65/t-filesharing-bt-dedicated-serverseedbox-152272

hangemhigh
12-30-2007, 03:49 AM
start at the beginning big guy...
seed your torrents 1x1 to start,
max your connections, read up..
google is your friend.

(pardon me if your more knowadgable than I assumed)

Stevis
12-30-2007, 04:09 AM
start at the beginning big guy...
google is your friend.

I've been using BitTorrent for 3 years, lol. I had a FST account in 05 or 06, but I guess it got deleted for inactivity =\

But, thanks for the tips! :D

Thanks for that thread, Actatoi. The one thing I think I'm missing, though, is can you upload and download things from your own seedbox? I don't see why not, but I'm not sure.

Artemis
12-30-2007, 04:53 AM
you upload and download to the seedbox via ftp, so if you are preparing a new torrent to be uploaded the files for the torrent can be made up locally then the file folder uploaded to the server and then the torrent file created there. The same is true of content you want to download from the server, you simply download it via ftp to your local PC.

Stevis
12-30-2007, 05:00 AM
Oh, makes sense. Thanks!

maul1515
12-30-2007, 07:24 AM
Basically your renting out a computer with an extreme high upload (and download) speed. You control it from your home computer and put whatever you want on it. It helps for people who have trouble keeping ratio and helps those that run trackers spread content.

showbox
12-30-2007, 11:28 AM
[quote=hangemhigh;2539233]start at the beginning big guy...
google is your friend.

I've been using BitTorrent for 3 years, lol. I had a FST account in 05 or 06, but I guess it got deleted for inactivity =\

But, thanks for the tips! :D

first : there isn't get acc here disable cuz inactivity :frusty: :noes: it's forum not tracker ..... i havn't login in some forums from years , and my account there still work ... how ur disable !!!! :angry::naughty::ermm: