PDA

View Full Version : Before the Devil Knows You're Dead [2007]

mr. nails
12-30-2007, 01:56 PM
"May you be in Heaven half an hour... Before the Devil Knows You're Dead."

movie starts off with the showing of Marisa Tomei's breasts. actually you will see them quite often in this film. that's basically what happens when an actress' career starts going down hill. gotta show them tits. :) i thought the movie was good for almost 1 viewing... almost. i did finish it, but often went back to browsing the net just to go back to it later. it does get boring. i like philip seymour hoffman so i figured i'd check this out. this film is all about a robbery gone completely wrong and the outcome was tragic. 2 hours in length and a painful one @ that. 4/10

Trailer (http://www.apple.com/trailers/thinkfilm/beforethedevilknowsyouredead/trailer).

DefX
12-30-2007, 07:50 PM
kudos for you mr. nails for finishing it. I couldn't. Gave up on it after 20 min. The reverse chronology style is akin to Memento but with a much more uninteresting plot. This one of the recent highly rated movies in IMDB that just didn't do anything for me. e.g. The Atonement, Away from Her

RoSsoNeRI
12-31-2007, 03:16 AM
What?? I just heard about this movie right now :huh:

grimms
01-02-2008, 06:07 AM
Yea i started watching it. Ate dinner. 20 minutes later started watching again. Started to talk to my wife for like 1 hour. Watched it again. Gave up. Restarted it. Did finish it after like 4 hours. Movie is twisted. The family in the movie has some serious problems. It didn't get good until the end though.

100%
01-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Yes her tits are indeed lovely.
I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.
How to totally screw yourself up. Although the backwards and forwards got a bit tedious.

snowultra
01-03-2008, 02:08 AM
this wasnt phillip seymour hoffman's best movie, but i guess there arent too many roles out there for him.
i also enjoyed marisa's tits.

lomy222
01-18-2008, 11:13 AM
never heared about that movie

OXO
01-21-2008, 03:55 AM
Me to never heared about that movie but thanx i will watch th trailer and i will see then is a good or bad movie

athenaesword
01-28-2008, 03:13 AM
it was okay plotwise i think. just that u gotta be awake and hve nothing else to do when you start watching because otherwise it's easy to get distracted cus it's relatively dry. it's a decent story though.

Definite
01-31-2008, 11:39 PM
I heard this was good, is it worth watching in a theatre?

athenaesword
02-01-2008, 11:51 AM
u gotta be awake if you wanna watch that. it doesn't have any of the typical recent hollywood flair for visual works. it's is pure story. the timeline may also be easy to miss out if you don't pay attention.

but it's an overall pretty interesting story, and you do get to see marissa tomei's twinpeaks. i'd say it's a movie worth watching, but i dont' think u'd get any extra kicks watching it at the theatre as opposed to watching it at home.